QB 78 Groups and all

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

QB 78 Groups and all

Post by dev » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Okay I put the QB through its paces at the ten meter range. I will try to attach pics if that fails then i will try to mail em to Mack The Knife.

I shot about a hundred pellets with my little nephew in tow. The rifle was too much for him so he sat spinning the target setting wheels and generally reminding me to change the target each time he thought that enough shots had been fired.

This fun specially when you are shooting off hand trying to keep a Cross hair on a pin hole and the little un comes and tugs at your trousers. ;-).
So baang and their goes your dream of a clover leaf.

Or at times he just needed to get your attention for a soft drink...but I still cranked off some groups and shot holes into a deo can. The deo can was shot with my special pellets. Wad cutters coul just penetrate one side.
DSCK0003.JPG
The QB is supposed to shoot clover leafs and one hole groups at twenty yards so I thought that ten m was a no brainer. But what I had forgotten was what an American guy asked in another board are you capable of shooting a clover leaf...have you ever shot five into one hole??
DSCK0005.JPG

So the penny drop thingie happened...ahhhh it was me and not the rifle.
Here is what it looks like without the scope and all.DSCK0011.JPG And here are the stuff you gotta order alongwith it to have fun...12oz bottle DSCK0008.JPG ,
1/8npt to asa adapter whoops adapter photo missing will mail it again.
Regards,

Dev.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: QB 78 Groups and all

Post by dev » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:49 pm

Whoops, haven't got the hang of posting the pics so here are some more groups, the rifle and the accessories that you need. 1/8 NPT to ASA adapter this helps you to fill gas from the paint ball bottle to your rifle.

I normally have my gas filled in the bottle by professionals. Thanks to Asif's contacts. Oops the adapter hasn't come as we can post three pics per article. I shall post it later.

Regards,

Dev
Last edited by dev on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:57 pm

Dev,

You aren't doing that rifle any favours.

Either the pellets are wrong or the bore needs to be cleaned. Did you clean the bore before firing your first shot? It may have looked clean but manufacturers usually line their barrel bores with some form of anti-rust as the rifles may be in storage for a few months to a few years.

At 10 metres you should have a thumb-nail size group at the very least and that from a recoiling 'springer'.

Check your stock and scope-mount screws whilst you are at it.

Once you have cleaned the bore, shoot another twenty shots before attempting a group. When shooting for groups keep your point of aim (POA) away from where the pellets are hitting - other wise the POA tends to get shot out.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Qb 78 Groups and all

Post by dev » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:16 pm

It was actually a mix of two things, firstly wadcutters desi ones plus they don't apparently shoot well in this rifle with its hopped up valve. It predfers JSB or FTs domes where the heck do I get those, best that I have are Crosman wadcutters. Secondly, i hadn't noticed that the barrel to stock screw had gone loose. The bore apparently was cleaned by the God of QB's Tim Of Mac 1 airguns. Anyway for a while I thought that I had gone bonkers or the scope was out. I will post groups again after shooting on Saturday. But even with these groups I enjoyed blasting away, mostly off hand except for the pistol target. Dev

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:12 pm

Great stuff Dev! But I have a better and more efficient paper punching machine on my desk.. Cheap too just 30 bucks! Hyuk Hyuk..
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

clownfish
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by clownfish » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:29 pm

hey dev..
you weren't at siri fort on saturday afternoon..~12 noonish..were you? i think i recognize that gun...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:55 pm

Yup I also let a long haired fellow have a go at some of Mack The Knife's targets. And you are witness to the fact that a little kid was tugging at my legs every third shot ;-)

Dev
clownfish";p="5108 wrote: hey dev..
you weren't at siri fort on saturday afternoon..~12 noonish..were you? i think i recognize that gun...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:58 pm

Jonah my paper puncher can out paper punch your one any day ha haha ha you blasted cowboy you ;-).

Are you using the saddles you bought and are they really good?

How was your Insas expedition?

Please email if you will.

Regards,

Dev

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Have to arrange a three day trip to South Mizoram for it dev. Havent been able to do so just yet. Will post as soon as I get it done.
Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:10 pm

Dev,

Thought this would be of interest to you.
Accuracy
On a calm day, a stock QB78 should keep all its shots on a nickel at 20 yards, or a quarter at 25. Shoot Crosman Premiers and JSB Exacts for best results.
Taken from http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:16 am

Will prove it this Sat morning and hopefully post the pics unless I'm outa Co2. Then a quick trip with rod and reel with the good Dr.

Regards,

Dev
Mack The Knife Bana";p="5854 wrote: Dev,

Thought this would be of interest to you.
Accuracy
On a calm day, a stock QB78 should keep all its shots on a nickel at 20 yards, or a quarter at 25. Shoot Crosman Premiers and JSB Exacts for best results.
Taken from http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:43 am

Lucky bleeder! My fishing trip got cancelled.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:26 pm

I was panicking cause I couldna raise the Doc last night. My rod needs to have reel inserted. Found Doc today morn and he's gonna put some stren on my rod. Now, let the darn thing try to get away. We are going to try a new place inlieu of prep for a dignitary the Doc is expecting from B'lore...tee hee ;-0.

Dev