IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

Post by GNV » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Try shimming up the present one and see if it works.

For Advertising mail webmaster
rajeshsng
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rajeshsng » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:18 pm

This reply is to Mr. Najad, who sent me a personal mail through the web master regarding the router bit used for making my rifle stock.
The IHP receiver tube is 1.25 inch (32mm)in diameter, so you should buy a ' core box' router bit of the same diameter.(not easily available). But available in amazon.com. The router should be powerful enough to handle the bit (1500 watts)and take safety precautions because is a very high speed machine. Progressively increase the depth of cut till the required depth of groove is obtained. Measure the basic dimensions of your old stock and cut the log according to the shape required using a band saw and chisel. Angle grinder is very useful for smoothing the stock.
Making checkering tool is a tedious process and many tools are required to make it. Look my earlier posts.The angle of checkering and the nose angle of checkering tool(90 degrees) is very important to get perfect 'diamonds' on the stock. Some videos are there in youtube. If you have lot of spare time and patience and idea its fun to make beautiful gun stocks.

Be careful while using power tools.
thank you.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 am

It does look worn out. I would loosen the screw, pull put the piece with pliers after the screw is extracted, being careful not to lose the spring inside.

Get a blob of metal welded on the worn out bit and then file it to the required shape.

crosshair
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by crosshair » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:41 pm

I have two IHP air rifles 35 and 25, bought in 2002 or 2003, both in .177 and after honing, seal and spring replacement, shimming at pivot, they have turned out to be winners. The 35 is very accurate and less hold sensitive than 25, I think they both have very good barrels. I 'little work was all that was required.

hajismp
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hajismp » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:42 pm

Regards dear forum members.
Following are the evidences about accuracy of National 25 air rifle in .22 caliber.
First one is 3 shot group while second and third are 5 shot groups.
Though the target size used here is not standard for air rifles but used only for the purpose of demontration of shooting accuracy.

Hope this will help.
-Dr.S.M.Parvez
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

animeshtuku
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by animeshtuku » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Dear All,

I am new to this group and i would like to share some pics of my IHP M35 national air rifle in 0.22 caliber . i purchased it nearly 10 months ago from Aimco ,kolkata . Its performance is just awesome and i dont have any proble regarding the same. However i was thinking to enchnce the power by changing the spring and i dont know to open the internal parts of the gun. can anyone guide me the contact details of good Gunsmith in kolkata.

Regards,
Animesh Chakraborty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chanakya
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Chanakya » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 am

Hi Friends!

Yesterday I recieved IHP National N35 .177 fibre stock air rifle in black from aimco enterprise kolkata,my first one.The rifle looks great and cocking is smooth.sights needs zeroing.This is an open sight air rifle.I wanted to add peep sight in it.can you guys tell how to mount a peep sight on ihp 35.will it work good.Where can I get a peep sight for IHP 35 air rifle in india.

Thanks

Chanakya

David
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by David » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Refinished Old stock. One yet to be polished other one completed
Sorry for the poor picture quality. I had used my cell phone this time.

BR
David

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Dear Chanakya,
Congratulation for your new toy....
Hope you will enjoy every moment with it.
I am keen to know whether Co.started using synthetic breech seal or not.
Plz.put some pics.of the same.
This is a nice rifle to live with.
I dont think you can place peepsight on synthetic butt.
You can check with Kovishop site for peepsight.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Gaurav Mathur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Gaurav Mathur » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi Friends,

I own a IHP National 35 .177 Fibre Stock Air rifle. I bought it from Jaipur from dealer @ Rs6600 ~ 5 months back. I have till date shot around 1200 pellets of different makes.

I started with Gsmith P10 which were fairly accurate at 10 m distance and got me good grouping without any stray shot ( 500 Shots ). Than I purchased Cross man Flat Head Wad cutters from relish sports and than the things began to change. I was able to get close grouping at 10 m but the no of stray shots increased slowly . At the end of my first packet of 500 ( 900 shots later) I was not even getting the close grouping. I also tried United make ( both flat head and pointed ) but could not attain the accuracy which I got in my first 500 shots .

Also the sound of the IHP has somewhat changed with more mechanical springy tune into it. The penetration of the target by pellets has also reduced significantly.

I have never fired it without pellets / blank fired. I have not used any kind of oil etc too as suggested by the delaer as it has a synthetic piston seal.

Please suggest - Which pellet to use & how to improve accuracy & power.

RoyalRajputs
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RoyalRajputs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi my name is Bhanu Pratap singh
Mujhe shooting sikhna h kya iske liye koi charge dena hoga jagatpura range m shooting sijhne Ka kya charge h mai job krta hu or poor family se belong krta hu but mujhe shhoting m interest h so mujhe kya krna chahiye please koi guide kijiye

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:14 pm

RoyalRajputs wrote:Hi my name is Bhanu Pratap singh
Mujhe shooting sikhna h kya iske liye koi charge dena hoga jagatpura range m shooting sijhne Ka kya charge h mai job krta hu or poor family se belong krta hu but mujhe shhoting m interest h so mujhe kya krna chahiye please koi guide kijiye
Can you please post in English? I understand you may not be comfortable but English is the language of this forum and more people would be able to help you if your posts are understood by all. Thank you.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

RoyalRajputs
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RoyalRajputs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi I am Bhanu Pratap singh I want to learn shooting in jagatpura shooting range but problem is this that I don't know about it I have interest in shooting . I am facing many problems in my life I complete my b.com after facing many problems I used to work in factories to complete my study I have no family support . now I am married and working also but I want to something in my life and I would like to choose shooting is it right ? How can I do this ? Please help me what should me do . how can I start ? Please guide me .
Thank you

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue May 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Dear Royal,
I appreciate your passion and interest in shooting.
Serious Shooting may attract low expenses at the beginning , but as you excel , there would be need of better equipment ,which are costly enough to continue.
You need to have a club membership to attend competitions.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

David
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by David » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Custom Made Pull Through for Air Rifle Barrel Cleaning - Cheap DIY - If you have the required items, the cost of making it will be not more than Rs : 30

What I Used is as follows ( most of them or using re-usable material )

1- Guitar String ( 3rd or 4th ) : 15 Rs
2- Badminton Getting wire : If you have spare then no investment. .
3- Fishing line : To do the winding over the getting wire placed on the tip of the guitar string. Do a winding to one Inch
4- Fevi-bond - Rs 5 . apply on the string ( 1 inch from the end ) before you place the getting wire to that the wire sticks to the string.

Note: First Image is just the raw string and second image has a cover over the string. I used the scooby wires ( that my kids had )
The guitar string has a brass stud at the end . I used a Key chain ring added through that stud to have a hold( just a trial ) . You can use alternative like allen key.

I will post my new custom made Spring compressor + Airgun holder for maintenance work ( 2 in 1 ) in the next post.

Rgds
David