Best Indian made Air Rifle for pest control..

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mehboobgunshotter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Best Indian made Air Rifle for pest control..

Post by Mehboobgunshotter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Vikram wrote:
You are not going to get 65-85 metres effective range from the best of air rifles,not Weihrauch 77 or Air ArmsTX-200 or something else,for all practical purposes.Forget local made air pistols.The max range is about 30-35 metres with the best of them that too when you factor in the above average shooter's ability.

You need to keep realistic expectations for yourself and your equipment.That would only come when you clearly understand the equipment and the intended purpose. You need to understand that even legal and authorised pest control involves certain humane and ethical considerations to the animals and involves a good bit of practice and suitable equipment on your part.There is enough material available on this forum.Please try to read as much as possible by using the search function.

Best-
Vikram

Thanks Vikram..,

Now i got the perfect Answer which will help me to choose another Air Rifle .. :D In Between Weihrauch HW77K or Air Arms TX 200 :cheers:
So can you Suggest me in Between Both of this & Safest root to import this Air Rifle and also wanted to know the Price Details also.. Thanks Again :)

Thank you
Saddam Shaik Mehboob

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Mehboobgunshotter wrote:Thanks Vikram..,

Now i got the perfect Answer which will help me to choose another Air Rifle .. :D In Between Weihrauch HW77K or Air Arms TX 200 :cheers:
So can you Suggest me in Between Both of this & Safest root to import this Air Rifle and also wanted to know the Price Details also.. Thanks Again :)

Thank you
Saddam Shaik Mehboob
You are welcome. I had both, liked the Weihrauch better,But that is just a personal bias. Both are phenomenally well built, reliable and will be more accurate than you can be.You will need to put a suitable scope on it for the ranges you are thinking of i.e. 30-35 metres.

One example.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18940

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3246

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7602

Before you ask more questions, you would do well to read those three links above completely. What you asked so far and will ask in future has been asked and responded to umpteen times in those links.Trust me.All the best.

-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mehboobgunshotter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mehboobgunshotter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Thank you very much it is very much helpful (y)

& Can i know about the Hand Air Pistols coz 10mts is max in IHP.., IS 10MTS A LOCAL MAX RANGE IN INDIA OR ANY OTHER AIR PISTOLS WHICH GIVES MORE THAN 10MTS ?

Thank you
Saddam Shaik Mehboob

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:04 pm

AFAIK, You cannot do what you are planning to do with the air pitsols,especially the local/Indian ones.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mehboobgunshotter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mehboobgunshotter » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Is this the Pellets capacity & .22 pls share your views..,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Speaking from personal exp

Speaking about rats(the big ones at the gutter), not house mice. Called locally as "ghoose".

Most indian air rifles shoot in the ~600fps range (for .22)

With the available power, the only way to effectually dispatch the given rat, is a head shot(albeit target through below the neck ). This takes patience. If you aim directly at the head from top, the pellet will not penetrate the skull. Then you'll have to clean up all the blood, assuming the rat was found inside the house. Any shot on the body etc is useless.

These are my rules: if you find a rat inside the house, don't use an airgun. it creates unnecessary mess. If the rat is too big, just try to scare it out of the house.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:39 am

A head shot at close range (sub 10 yards) with an IHP .177 mod 25 works well on a bandicoot. Needless to say that a .22 from a mod 35 works well too.
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:26 pm

snIPer wrote:A head shot at close range (sub 10 yards) with an IHP .177 mod 25 works well on a bandicoot. Needless to say that a .22 from a mod 35 works well too.
/S
Agree with snIPer.
Hevier .177 pellets works just fine.

The one rule you should follow apart from safety is, if you are not sure of a head shot, DON'T PULL THE TRIGGER.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Big Daddy wrote:if you are not sure of a head shot, DON'T PULL THE TRIGGER.
Very true in practice.

.22 is too small for a body shot on a gutter rat; just ends up causing unnecessary trauma. A .357 would have been good but nothing can solve the mess that needs to be cleaned up. That's why I open the outside door for them instead of pulling out the rifle.

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Any caliber @ 10 fpe @ 10 -15 yds is sufficient to kill bandicoots with a well placed shot. Head shot is always better as there is either kill or a miss, but for body shot there will be dead or a wounded pest. Moreover in headshot locating a kill zone is easier, in between ear & eye, but for heart shot its hard to guess, just behind the front leg. Any sort of pesting requires knowledge about quarry(its path of movement, time of movement, effective bait etc) for clean ambush. And the most important trait is patience & to control the adrenaline rush at time of squeezing trigger. i cant say this all comes with practise but the best way is to simulate the scenario & gain control on shooting basics
regards Moulindu

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:46 am

For rats , it's only head shot, so that it can not move any further.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

wilson123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by wilson123 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Hello..
I have some tips for pest control with air rifle like:
1.Match the bore with the objective.
2.Take in the specialty of disguise.
3.Try not to chase secured species.
4.Pick the correct weapon.
5.Handle the weapon with the mind.
we can use this tips it will work.

Niks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Niks » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:43 pm

I got a 1hp national air rifle its a .22 version but build in quality is very poor, it says it can shoot 500 fps for .22 and 600 fps for .177 pellets, i don't have a chronograph to measure the velocity but i think my gun shoots pretty low, after a few maintenance it is better but still i doubt it shoots at that velocity which the manufacturer claims. Well, i think this did happened only to my rifle or this is how they made to every rifle? Because the finishing touch is very poor, for maintenance i remove the parts and look what i found, the piston chamber was bored very rough , i can see big cut marks all inside the chambers which rapidly damage the piston seal, so had to sand away few of the cut marks i could, but if i clean it all it will be very loose for piston seal to fit which will affects the velocity. The barrel of my gun has another issues, when i push the pellet inside with a stick in the middle pellet just fall itself it has bigger holes but at the edge it holds the pellet again i think this is the reason my gun shoots off and on, but with Olympic pellets it gives nice grouping at 30 mts still some pellets goes way off. Well, i had a friend who has a Diana AR 8 .177 with that i shoot very good at 75 to 80 mts without scope so I m not a bad shooter. I heard so much about precihole air rifle which is manufacture in India build quality is good and give velocity upto 800 fps of .177 pellets, this could be a nice option.