AK agni

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sathya.sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: AK agni

Post by sathya.sniper » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:42 pm

I have used this gun more than twice and the tap loading mechanism was really good, But the guns i used were nearly new in condidtion .

The problem is am worried abt the loading mechanism is that there is not O-ring or seal in the tap loading system to avoid air leakage but when the gun is used well and when the tap loading gets loose i am not sure there will be some air leak which will directly be a cause to lose of power.
But i am sure that the gun is far more better than that of the IHP and that too much better than the latest IHP for sure, Latest IHP quality and condition is pathetic in my view.

Regards
-Sathya

For Advertising mail webmaster
s_sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by s_sharma » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:59 pm

sathya.sniper wrote:I have used this gun more than twice and the tap loading mechanism was really good, But the guns i used were nearly new in condidtion .

The problem is am worried abt the loading mechanism is that there is not O-ring or seal in the tap loading system to avoid air leakage but when the gun is used well and when the tap loading gets loose i am not sure there will be some air leak which will directly be a cause to lose of power.
But i am sure that the gun is far more better than that of the IHP and that too much better than the latest IHP for sure, Latest IHP quality and condition is pathetic in my view.

Regards
-Sathya
Thanks for your views. Last question, should I buy agni AK500 or AK550. I guess your advise is valuable for me.
Regards.

sathya.sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathya.sniper » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:54 pm

Go with the AK 500..
There are some pros and cons....

1: Ak 500 is easy to dismantle and service just need a smallspring compressor But Ak550 needs the whole setup (barrel and chamber) to be fixed in a lengthy spring compressor
2: And also as said above i have a small doubt about breech leakage of 550 as days pass by
3: Usually i clean my barrel very often, which is a very very hard task in a tap loading mechanism.

So my personal choice would be a AK500(Break barrel) over a 550(underlever)

Regards
-Sathya

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat May 28, 2016 3:51 pm

I own this Ak500 for a month.Also i have IHP 35 and SDB Apache.but AK500 performs better than the other two.AK beats both the guns in accuracy and vibration.It gives less than 50% recoil than the ihp and sdb.Also the quality was extraordinary for the price point.It stands winner in every aspect.All of them were tuned to the best.And now AK is the winner.
With regards,
vsraja

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Sat May 28, 2016 10:12 pm

the rifling in the ak500 looks deeper like the older SDB before the apache...any idea about the bore size between the two,
SDB65 in .22 has a bore of 5.34mm so all imported brands are off limits, i do not know if this constitutes a restrictive trade practice :lol:

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:17 pm

Dear ganeshn,

In Kolkata there are a few barrel makers only.

No wonder if both of them procure from same factory.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Faisal.1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Faisal.1 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:21 am

rijinbay wrote:am also using ak agni 550 from last 2 years.............its very nice........
Is any problem happen with your gun yet...
I'm also planning to buy ak 550
But confused between ak 500 and ak 550
Please tell