Importing airguns into India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Importing airguns into India

Post by Bhargav » Tue May 01, 2012 5:38 pm

varunik wrote:Yeah, check out dragon claw air rifle qt pyramydair.com!!!!
Its a beast!! And has engraving too!!

Bhargav, fwb are on pyramydair are above $1000.. I dont know if you can import them..
I might be wrong, but there's a restriction of $1000..
Restriction of $1000? What's that ? Does that mean that you cannot import more than $1000 gun?

For Advertising mail webmaster
varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Tue May 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Bhargav wrote:
varunik wrote:Yeah, check out dragon claw air rifle qt pyramydair.com!!!!
Its a beast!! And has engraving too!!

Bhargav, fwb are on pyramydair are above $1000.. I dont know if you can import them..
I might be wrong, but there's a restriction of $1000..
Restriction of $1000? What's that ? Does that mean that you cannot import more than $1000 gun?
Dont worry, JK just told us there aint any restriction for .177" air guns
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Tue May 01, 2012 10:05 pm

varunik wrote:
chucky wrote:Varunik, Where will you get the .50 pellets from?
that what I am asking.. even if somebody gets one, from where will he get the pellets??
Brother just my 2 cents,
I dont think anyone has posted/bosted here that he has a .50 AR in India. If someone is having one must be knowing how to get the pellets also.
In a nutshell, if someone can get a .50 cal AR in India,he can get pellets also. Why to bother ourself :) :)

Regards.

varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 pm

only32owner wrote: In a nutshell, if someone can get a .50 cal AR in India,he can get pellets also. Why to bother ourself :) :)

Regards.
So true..
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

vkpd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vkpd » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Just saw this notification below:

Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Udyog Bhawan

Notification No. 95 (RE-2010)/2009-2014

New Delhi, the 9th February, 2012

Subject: Import policy of arms and ammunition for Specified Sportspersons / Sport Bodies, amendment thereof.

S.O.(E) In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 5 of the Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act, 1992 read with Para 2.1 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2009-2014, the Central Government hereby makes the following amendments in the Schedule 1 (Imports) of the ITC (HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items:

2. Existing Import Licensing Note (1) in Chapter 93 of ITC (HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items prior to this amendment is extracted below:

“Import of arms is permitted against a license to renowned shooters/rifle clubs for their own use on the recommendation of Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India. However, Import of 0.177 bore air guns and air pistols will be free for shooters registered with Rifle Clubs or District/State/National Rifle Association. Free import of 0.177 bore air guns and air pistols will also be allowed to National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) for supplying the same to the eligible State Rifle Association / Clubs and to the eligible shooters. NRAI shall be required to keep appropriate account of the imported weapons.”

3.After amendment the Import Licensing Note (1) would read as below:“Import of arms (including parts thereof) & ammunition is permitted freely to the following sports persons/sports bodies:

Renowned shooters (as defined in Import Licensing Note 3) on the recommendation of National Rifle Association of India (NRAI); National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) for its own use and for transfer to its State/district affiliates by due certification by Sports Authority of India; Sports Authority of India (SAI) or State Sport Authorities of concerned State by self certification and Services Sports Control Board (SSCB), Ministry of Defence. Respective recommending or certifying Bodies will maintain the required records. “
4.After the existing Import Licensing Note (3) in Chapter 93 of ITC HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items, Note (4) is added as under:

“Note (4) - Policy for import of ‘Air Gun Pellets’ is free.”

5.The effect of this Notification:-
The procedure for issue of import license/authorization for import of arms & ammunition by specified sports persons/sports bodies has been dispensed with. NRAI, SAI and SSCB can freely import arms and ammunition for their own use or their affiliates. Renowned Shooter can freely import arms and ammunition for their own use. Import Policy Regime for ‘Air Gun Pellets’ continues to be ‘free’. This notification does not exempt the specified sports persons/sports bodies from the Arms Act, 1959 or Rules thereunder; but merely makes amendments in the Import Policy regime for the specified categories of importers.
(Anup K. Pujari)
Director General of Foreign Trade

Would like to know whether free import of .177 Air Guns are a thing of the past for members registered with NRAI, as the amended notification does not mention anything about even allowing imports of .177 guns, forget free import ?

vkpd

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:46 pm

I am from Delhi. This weekend I am going to Sri Fort sports complex to get the membership for shooting. Although it is mentioned in these threads. But I want to double check. Will the membership (with an ID Card) be sufficient for custom department for importing an air rifle, a dealer?

Mozzad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mozzad » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:27 am

Normally yes,though there has been instances where letter from club and NRAI was requested.

Farmer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Farmer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Hey Mozzad, I sent you the buzz via devilsadvocat. Have a look pls. Cheers!

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:46 am

Dear friends, Pyramydair is not sending airguns to India. This is their email reply today.

Dear Sir,
Unfortunately at this time we are only able to ship pellets and accessories into India.
Thanks,
Erika

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:40 am

i just want the clarrification that now with this new notification, even if we are registered member of state rifle association or NRAI, we cannot get airgun via personal baggage also

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:28 pm

What notification? Can you post it here

Sent from my typewriter using Tapatalk - now Free
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:08 pm

http://dgft.gov.in/Exim/2000/NOT/NOT11/not9510.htm

2. Existing Import Licensing Note (1) in Chapter 93 of ITC (HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items prior to this amendment is extracted below:

“Import of arms is permitted against a license to renowned shooters/rifle clubs for their own use on the recommendation of Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India. However, Import of 0.177 bore air guns and air pistols will be free for shooters registered with Rifle Clubs or District/State/National Rifle Association. Free import of 0.177 bore air guns and air pistols will also be allowed to National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) for supplying the same to the eligible State Rifle Association / Clubs and to the eligible shooters. NRAI shall be required to keep appropriate account of the imported weapons.”

3. After amendment the Import Licensing Note (1) would read as below:

“Import of arms (including parts thereof) & ammunition is permitted freely to the following sports persons/sports bodies:

Renowned shooters (as defined in Import Licensing Note 3) on the recommendation of National Rifle Association of India (NRAI); National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) for its own use and for transfer to its State/district affiliates by due certification by Sports Authority of India; Sports Authority of India (SAI) or State Sport Authorities of concerned State by self certification and Services Sports Control Board (SSCB), Ministry of Defence. Respective recommending or certifying Bodies will maintain the required records. “

Zoo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Zoo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:32 pm

My experience, flew in from Spain on the 10th into Mumbai Airport. Had picked up a Gamo PT-85 in 0.177 from there. I was carrying my rifle club card and NRAI shooter ID card. At Mumbai, I approached a customs officer and declared the same. He looked quite perplexed and honestly admitted that even he didn't no the rules as hardly any people bring these things. Took me to another officer sitting in the customs PRO office. I explained the situation to him, showed him my ID cards, he said that's ok but you may have to pay duty, he was very courteous and didn't look like he was trying to wrangle something out of me on the sly. I showed him the notification of Customs itself wherein the free import of 0.177 is allowed to club members and told him that it was for my personal use and that I am not a dealer or anything. After deliberating for a few moments, he allowed me and told me to go. Whole process took about 25 minutes and I was out and on my way home. Didn't anticipate that it would go so well....

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:57 am

lucky you, as if he would have checked the latest notification there might be issues, atleast thats what i understand from the updated notification, you need renouned shot certificate from NRAI and letter of recommendation

Zoo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Zoo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:39 am

sa_ali wrote:lucky you, as if he would have checked the latest notification there might be issues, atleast thats what i understand from the updated notification, you need renouned shot certificate from NRAI and letter of recommendation
I think that still refers to fire-arms and not air rifles/air guns.