Importing airguns into India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Importing airguns into India

Post by vmanicks » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:23 am

FedEx uses a clearing house to get their work done at Delhi Airport. FedEx will not charge anything seperate from customers apart from the fine / penalty / warehouse charges. And NO ZERO tipping act. You can take a personal effort to talk to customs by visiting them at the clearing site.

I have spent one whole day in their FedEx office and Clearing area to clear my Daystate that got stuck back in Feb '11.

Best part its a whole different experience, holding your pulse on waiting for these customs babu. Finally when they see you, they look at you as a criminal or terrorist.

Your package is stripped and ripped in front of you. They don't really bother the price of the product.

I have never heard of FedEx clearing shipments in Mumbai or Bangalore.

As SNIPER quoted, I have had night mares with UPS. Currently the issue is with the court orders and customs acting cranky without clarity. Dushyant is someone who handles these Air Rifles with the clearing team (Never had a chance to see his face during my visit to FedEx).

I would call it as a bad wave with shipments
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

For Advertising mail webmaster
tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:45 pm

I have always got my guns cleared from Mumbai, and thru FedEx clearing. I get copy of Bill of Entry sent to my house after every import. I personally visit cargo offices at the time of clearance, and get those papers stamped and signed on FEDEX document, in the presence of Supp of Customs and FedEx employee.

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:31 am

1st time I am hearing FedEx clearing in Mumbai.

I haven't had any experience with FedEx Mumbai.
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:08 am

Attached is my delivery receipt. Thats my 6th import from Mumbai port. Mine is a Mumbai address- and if you're not aware of the fact, Mumbai has got 3 Cargo terminals, and you can't even imagine how much cargo gets in every hour. Mumbai is one of the biggest port, where JNPT is! Country's major cargo gets cleared from Mumbai port. You can even call up on FedEx care numbers. Why would FedEx clear my shipment from Delhi when I live in Mumbai. They got better working professionals at cargo building in Mumbai as compared to Delhi team.

At the time of every shipment, I personally meet the officers..from examiners to Supp of Customs. I personally get the papers signed. I always prefer PAID service (clearance).

Thanks,
AT

[email protected]
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by [email protected] » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:12 am

Hii People,

i am having good interest in riffles/ Pistols and want to buy online airsoft bb metal airgun (6mm G&G GR16 Metal Body & Gearbox AEG, Black) from Topairgun. Can i be permitted to do so and can place order for the same. Please advise.

Regards,

Raman

pamir78
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pamir78 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Flaw in the new import policy

17 Feb 2012. Last week, the shooting fraternity celebrated the news of the new import policy, which allows Renowned Shooters to import fire arms without import license. But, a closer look at the notification reveals a very big defect, as the exemption provided for the import of .177 air rifles and pistol for registered shooters no longer stands.

As per the earlier DGFT Notification No. 12/2005 dated 04.07.2005, import of .177 air rifles and pistols was free for shooters registered with Rifle Clubs/District/State or National Rifle Association of India.

As per the new notification, only Renowned Shooters can import fire arms and ammunition for their use and there is no separate mention of .177 air rifles and pistols free for registered shooters with rifle clubs.

So, as per the new notification, only Renowned Shooters can import .177 Air Rifles and Pistol.

It could, perhaps, be an oversight on the part of the government authorities while drafting the new notification, but this has the potential to harm shooting if not rectified soon. indianshooting.com

Can any of you guru's show light on this ...........!

David
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by David » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi
To add to the above comments " But, a closer look at the notification reveals a very big defect, as the exemption provided for the import of .177 air rifles and pistol for registered shooters no longer stands."

One of my friend recently imported .177 Benjamin Marauder ( dated 27 Feb 2012 ) with Pump and an additional rotatory Magazine and Fedex informed that there was a customs charge incured Rs. 3000+ as import duty. I am waiting to see the Details on the same from my friend.

Appreciate if there is any additional update from anybody who recently imported.
So not sure if any one has the latest Customs Amendment Copy on Import Policy, Please share the same to the group .

Thanks
David

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Did'nt Fedex tell you that it is import duty for the pump which is an accessory ? Only the air rifle is duty free !!......

M.
David wrote:Hi
To add to the above comments " But, a closer look at the notification reveals a very big defect, as the exemption provided for the import of .177 air rifles and pistol for registered shooters no longer stands."

One of my friend recently imported .177 Benjamin Marauder ( dated 27 Feb 2012 ) with Pump and an additional rotatory Magazine and Fedex informed that there was a customs charge incured Rs. 3000+ as import duty. I am waiting to see the Details on the same from my friend.

Appreciate if there is any additional update from anybody who recently imported.
So not sure if any one has the latest Customs Amendment Copy on Import Policy, Please share the same to the group .

Thanks
David
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

David
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by David » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:12 pm

I am waiting to see the copy of the customs duty from my friend to know the entire details for what they have charged like ? % on what .. Will leave an update as soon I get the copy for the same.
But from some one has mentioned that when it comes as a combo there is no duty on the Pump , but when you import it seperately then it has..

Thanks
David

vishu20_inin
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vishu20_inin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:49 pm

David
The best songs suits to these white collar people is
Meri Marji......
main chaahe yeh karoon, main chaahe woh karoon.....
Meri marji.

CKAY
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by CKAY » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:12 pm

David Combo or no Combo duty will be charged for a hand pump . The amount charged for your friend's import is for the hand pump for sure . Exemption of import duty is only for .177 caliber Air Pistols and Air Rifles .

JK

ribaalber
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ribaalber » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:43 am

Has anybody been able to import Airguns via courier through Delhi Customs recently after the court stay order?
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms .... disarm only
those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....."
- Thomas Jefferson

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general.
~Mark Rippetoe

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi.
I received my Hammerli air rifle after about 121 days of wait.
Supreme court OKed on 5th Jan.
Delhi High Court and Customs took a whole month to realize this, and OKed on 5th Feb.
FedEx took another 21 days to realize this and sent mine for clearance on 26th Feb (Date of landing was 14th Nov 2011)
I finally received it, after about a hundred emails, countless calls, etc, on the 4th March! (They even charged me 7500/-) for 'Warehouse charges'. A FedEx person said I should send a legal notice to get a reimbursement if I wanted to drag them to court on their delay in following the reverted rule. However, to get back about 3 weeks' warehouse charges, I need to spend twice that! Shame!
The way the delivery guy put the parcel down in front of the gate was proof enough that FedEx's boasting of International standards was just as corrupt as a neta-lie!
The rifle has several bruises, scratches and a shattered rear sight, thus successfully destroying my much awaited 'New Gun' experience.

Thank You FedEx, for making me realize I am in India and have to live a life with such short-comings and unprofessional service! Blokes like you make life hell for everyone. If the same had happened else, dragging Delhi High Court under a contempt of Supreme Court case, an RTI soliciting an apology and damage charges against Customs, as well as bringing FedEx to 'sincerely' apologize for their pathetic service, would all be reasonable. But given the fact that official favors, bribes and 'good office' works best in India, those on the right path can only crib and post about it.... to be read and forgotten soon!

Ayways... ribaalber ... to answer your question in simple words - I got mine finally released from Delhi :-)

TenX
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 pm

TenX

I strongly feel, you should take pictures of the air rifle and along with your complaint, send it to the company you bought it from, to Fedex India and International Customer Support and even file a complaint with the consumer court in India. Even if the air rifle got stuck because of legal problems in this country, it is FedEx's responsibility to store cargo in a good condition.

M.

M.
TenX wrote:Hi.
I received my Hammerli air rifle after about 121 days of wait.
Supreme court OKed on 5th Jan.
Delhi High Court and Customs took a whole month to realize this, and OKed on 5th Feb.
FedEx took another 21 days to realize this and sent mine for clearance on 26th Feb (Date of landing was 14th Nov 2011)
I finally received it, after about a hundred emails, countless calls, etc, on the 4th March! (They even charged me 7500/-) for 'Warehouse charges'. A FedEx person said I should send a legal notice to get a reimbursement if I wanted to drag them to court on their delay in following the reverted rule. However, to get back about 3 weeks' warehouse charges, I need to spend twice that! Shame!
The way the delivery guy put the parcel down in front of the gate was proof enough that FedEx's boasting of International standards was just as corrupt as a neta-lie!
The rifle has several bruises, scratches and a shattered rear sight, thus successfully destroying my much awaited 'New Gun' experience.

Thank You FedEx, for making me realize I am in India and have to live a life with such short-comings and unprofessional service! Blokes like you make life hell for everyone. If the same had happened else, dragging Delhi High Court under a contempt of Supreme Court case, an RTI soliciting an apology and damage charges against Customs, as well as bringing FedEx to 'sincerely' apologize for their pathetic service, would all be reasonable. But given the fact that official favors, bribes and 'good office' works best in India, those on the right path can only crib and post about it.... to be read and forgotten soon!

Ayways... ribaalber ... to answer your question in simple words - I got mine finally released from Delhi :-)

TenX
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi fantumfan2003... Long time no chat :)

You are right... As part of the fraternity, it is my duty to do a complaint and follow up. Either I am too busy, or this system is making me old!
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------