Importing airguns into India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Air pistol in your check-in luggage?

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:17 am

Yes, you can bring back an air-pistol in your checked-in baggage.

I have already ordered one (HW45) and my brother is bringing it back from England in January.

Along with the pistol, I have ordered a Doscosport Gun Guard pistol case for him to put it in, just in case British Airways insists that it travels in one. However, I don't see it travelling seperate from his checked-in baggage.

These pistol cases are cheap as chips in the U.S. and it's best you bring yours in one, just in case TSA insists on one at the airport.

In the past I had brought in two other air-pistols but that was in the 80's.

Bring the pistols paper work along just in case you need to prove to Customs that it is indeed an air-pistol. If it is a compressed air or CO2 pistol, ensure that the cylinder is empty and the pistol uncocked and unloaded.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Import of airguns

Post by rahul567 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 pm

hi everyone,
i guess i'm one of the(very) few underprivileged air gun enthusiast who still has to procure a air gun...been at it for the past 4 months but nothing has worked out. i'm interested in buying a weihrauch hw 45, if possible can any member can help me out. if some one is coming to india and can carry it for me, though i know the odds are against it. does anyone know a reliable person who can help me import
rahul :(

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: help

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:05 pm

So long as it is in .177" calibre, you can import it yourself. Get the pellets as well.

Mack The Knife

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:45 pm

Rusty,
an airgun makes it through the customs... but air pellets are stuck. Just a form of babu-dom.
MOnish

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul567 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:09 pm

hi Mack The Knife
i did think of importing it myself but there is a slight problem in that. i hv learnt frm other members experience that one needs to go the the foreign postal department 3-4 times to get the air weapon released. i stay in the surburbs of delhi and my work is such that i cannot go during the normal working hours. so if i can get it thru someone it wld be more convinient. otherwise as a last option , will import it directly
regards
rahul
p.s. any reliable source for buying online

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:06 pm

Rahul,

Most of us have had to struggle to afford our airguns leave alone getting them in. I hope you find someone accomodating enough. Should be easier considering it's a far smaller package.

I buy from Blackpool Air Rifles - www.airgunbuyer.com Infact there are a few IFG members who have bought from them. I also buy from known and trusted members of the Airgun BBS.

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:57 pm

Mack The Knife,

BAR has recently added India to the list of countries where they would not ship. A persuation might be needed to buy online.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:30 pm

monty3006";p="7726 wrote:Rusty,
an airgun makes it through the customs... but air pellets are stuck. Just a form of babu-dom.
MOnish
In theory, postal customs aren't supposed to allow pellets (no problem with airport customs) but when you get the show cause notice tell them you need it for practice because the quality of Indian pellets are bad and they will release them. At least that has been my experience.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:32 pm

Sujay,

I will ask Lloyd about it and revert.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:52 pm

As I said before Mac1airgun...they will ship to India and are very reliable. They also sell the HW45 etc.

Dev

p.s. you need to just spend one day for your toys at int.post office. Go on the date of the show cause notice and then spend the rest of it completing the paper work. And remember not to whistle at the commissioner of customs...she still is kind to our tribe ;-).
rahul567";p="7727 wrote: hi Mack The Knife
i did think of importing it myself but there is a slight problem in that. i hv learnt frm other members experience that one needs to go the the foreign postal department 3-4 times to get the air weapon released. i stay in the surburbs of delhi and my work is such that i cannot go during the normal working hours. so if i can get it thru someone it wld be more convinient. otherwise as a last option , will import it directly
regards
rahul
p.s. any reliable source for buying online
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:57 pm

Okay, just saw India added to the list below...

PLEASE NOTE - we do not send orders to the following destinations due to the lack of reliable delivery services.
Canada
Czech Republic
Latvia
Estonia
South America
Indonesia
Singapore
India

Since I have never had a problem with delivery I am wondering if someone pulled a fast one - "parcel not received, please reimburse..." sort of stunt. Be a crying shame if that was the case.

I have e-mailed Lloyd and will let you all know.

Mack The Knife

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul567 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:01 am

hi
has anyone bought an airgun from pyramydair.com

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:25 pm

Rahul,

Buying Airguns online from India is not quite common ( in fact rare ) so comparative assessments different sites won't be available . I have found that most do not ship to India ( these are usually the well known ones), others do not accept credit cards and the rest charge more.

Blackpool Air Rifles is highly praised in airgunbbs for their service.

Pyramyd Air ships to India if paid through international DD or bank transfer.

A member however has bought twice from Mac1airguns.

Are you a member of any rifle association / club ?

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul567 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:34 pm

hi sujay
i'm planning to book my order with pyramydair.com .. mac1airguns.com does not show the pistol i want to buy(weihrauch hw 45). as of now i dont hv any mebership. will get it in a day or 2.
rahul

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:55 pm

Write to Tim McMurray at [email protected]