What air-rifles and air-pistols do you have or have had?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: What air-rifles and air-pistols do you have or have had?

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:34 pm

Navdeep,

Nikos' air-pistol is far removed from the Webleys you refer to as they were over-head barrel cockers.

The National CO2 pistols has been in the market for atleast eight years - I first shot them in 1998/99.

Both the CO2 and single stroke pneumatic were designed by a friend of mine from Bombay - a doctor of Homeopathy, if you please. He has also designed a compressed air 10 metre version for National which still hasn't made it to the market.

The designs are simple and good but National's poor quality control lets it down.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Crete » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:15 pm

Mack The Knife and Navdeep,

Please find some more info on the MAS 50, from an article in Guns Review, below. It will answer, I'm sure, many of your questions. It did mine :wink:

Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Crete » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Here is the rest of the article on the MAS 50. If the text on the previous message is too small, you may open it with your PC and enhance it. The site doesn't allow me -- I tried -- to post a larger in size attachment. The Second Part (below) is smaller in size but larger over all and therefore readable outright, because it doesn't have the schematic outline on top of it.

Cheers and Happy New Year,
Nikos

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 pm

Thanks a bunch, Nikos.

Mack The Knife

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:53 am

Mack The Knife, your friend really did a great job for National. The rifle I have is very very accurate. I have even tried it beyond 30 metres with J Smith pellets. Got excellent groups.

The MAS 50 is a very interesting pistol. Thanks Nicos.

Cheers

TC

Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

HW 45 (Beeman P1) is my latest air pistol

Post by Crete » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:12 pm

Thank you Mack The Knife and TC.

If you like long range (50m or 55 yards) shooting with a...pistol, then get the one pictured below (stock pic, I haven't taken a pic of mine).

It is a Weihrauch 45 (HW 45) also known as Beeman P1, in .177 cal. I bought it recently and since the beginning of the new year i've shot it for three days in a row from 10m to 50m! At 10m all holes touch each other with RWS R10 Match 7.0 grains (4.49mm dia.) pellets. that's the same scoring as shooting a Steyr LP10 PCP, indoors.

At 50m (55 yards), outdoors, I was consistently hitting a Coke can offhand (always) with open sights (the HW45 can have a Red Dot or pistol scope mounted on its 14mm dovetails) WOLF Gold 5.63 grains pellets (the lightest LEAD pellets I have ever found made by L. J. Cammell (Merseyside) Ltd., L46 4TT, England). Brilliant pistol/ammo combo.

Price was 250 Euros, brand new. I have ordered replacement barrels for it, also. It can be converted to a .20 cal. or .22 cal, using replacement bbls that cost 36 Euros each, by removing two hex screws.

I highly recommend it. It feels like a Colt 45 ACP, but it's a nifty airgun pistol (single shot with two power settings -- I use the HIGH) :)

Cheers,
Nikos

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi Nikos,

The HW45 was always on my list and funnily enough I too bought one just before Christmas.

I was interested in a .177" version but wanted to keep the cost down and opted for a secondhand .22" version, there being no secondhand .177" version at the time. Actually, it's as good as new and I look forward to trying it on the 8th or 9th of this month - my brother is bringing it down from England.

I was going to buy a replacement (.177") barrel for it but have put it on hold. Instead, I plan to ask Steve Pope at V-Mach (formerly and more popularly known as Venom Arms) to make me a DIY drop-in kit for it.

You will also be happy to note that this air-pistol can accept grip scales made by various companies for the Colt 1911.

Last but not least, please see Todd Cooper's web page on the subject.
http://my.tbaytel.net/[email protected]/HW45Review/

Have fun.

Mack The Knife

Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Crete » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:21 pm

Well done Mack The Knife! Yes, I know V-Mach and Todd's site. He doesn't say a word on how to swap bbls. I found out from friends how to. It can be tricky.

The variety of grips that fit the HW45 is endless.

I prefer this rubber slip-on http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_vi ... oduct=1502

Enjoy your new toy!

Best wishes,
Nikos

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:23 pm

Mack The Knife,

In many internet resources, I find the name "Beeman" associated to Weihrauch. Any idea who made if (HW 45) first ? Till now I was of the opinion that Beeman is cashing in on Weihrauch's name but today I read that ....

A similar thing happened when Beeman conceived the Beeman P1 air pistol, which was produced outside of the USA as the Weihrauch HW 45. The Beemans specified exactly what they wanted in the way of power, features, and other specifications - but were not exactly specific on the external features of the new gun. The first prototype made by Weihrauch in Germany was somewhat larger in size, especially above the grip, and had styling which the Beemans did not think would appeal well to American shooters. Visitors at the Beemans Ranch are sometimes shown the very fragile, second prototype model of the Beeman P1 which they had carved out of Plaster-of-Paris. It was designed as a look-alike of the Colt Model 1911 "Government" pistol. The German engineers did a beautiful job of copying Beeman’s model :!: to produce the final appearance of the air pistol. (Perhaps Weihrauch’s larger first prototype would be successful nowadays as a "Desert Eagle" copy).

.......... in http://www.beemans.net/Visier.htm

That's why I am asking .

Thanks
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Crete » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:29 pm

No confusion.

Dr. Beeman designed the basics. Weichrauch sent a prototype to him. He revised it making one out of soap and polishing it w/shoe polish (!), only the sights were "real". Weihrauch, then, made another working prototype and as soon as Robert approved it, it went on production as the Beeman P1. Then the Germans brought out the HW45.

Nobody copied anybody.

It was acooperation deal that profited both sides of the Atlantic as it has sold more than any other.

Expremely accurate and pleasant to shoot.

Regards,
Nikos

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Thanks a lot Nikos !

What is your feedback about the grips ( standard walnut grips of the HW 45) ?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:52 pm

Nikos,

Do you have a pic of your 45 sporting the Butler Creek slip-on grip?

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:55 pm

Sujay, as mentioned by Nikos, the 45 was a joint venture between the two. The same holds true of the HW80 or Beeman R1. The latter has a slightly longer fore-end on it's stock.

Mack The Knife

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:46 pm

Thanks , Mack The Knife.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:29 am

Nikos and Mack The Knife

Great pistol HW 45 -- Man its up there for $339..
Looks like its a lever action?

Rgds
NG