• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

Which airgun should I buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
User avatar
vsraja
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby vsraja » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 am

As of now nothing beats precihole in its accuracy and finishing.It maybe it's vx100,sx100, or nx100- all are perfect.Also i am waiting for their new model of increased power sx200 model.SDB is only second to precihole, so you have to decide whether you need best or second best.


With regards,
vsraja

Victory Ammunition Banner
User avatar
Basu
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake Kolkata

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby Basu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:49 pm

As on date , when it comes to accuracy....no Indian AR can beat the accuracy of Precihole Club Elite.
This is my honest opinion.

Basu


Not all those wander , are lost...............

Metallica
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby Metallica » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 am

Sx 200 really what will be its power?



User avatar
satvender
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby satvender » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:14 am

Basu wrote:As on date , when it comes to accuracy....no Indian AR can beat the accuracy of Precihole Club Elite.
This is my honest opinion.

Basu

(y) Precihole Club Elite is most accurate among Indian make's..



narach93
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby narach93 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:52 am

Dear Basuda. Is it possible to fix .22 barrel of the SX 100 to the .177 club elite and VX 100? Also I would like to know, as to what makes the elite to produce M.E. of 7.5 ftlb ? Pl enlighten.
Regards



nitroex700
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby nitroex700 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:54 am

narach93 wrote:Dear Basuda. Is it possible to fix .22 barrel of the SX 100 to the .177 club elite and VX 100? Also I would like to know, as to what makes the elite to produce M.E. of 7.5 ftlb ? Pl enlighten.
Regards

The barrel should be fittable, though one might need to ask Shirsat or Briha Sirs.. I don't know where you are going to get one though, minus the rest of the action....

SX-100 produces no more power than 8-9 fpe even in normal form. So I guess cutting a few coils might get you to the 7.5fpe mark.



User avatar
Basu
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake Kolkata

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby Basu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:12 pm

narach93 wrote:Dear Basuda. Is it possible to fix .22 barrel of the SX 100 to the .177 club elite and VX 100? Also I would like to know, as to what makes the elite to produce M.E. of 7.5 ftlb ? Pl enlighten.
Regards

VX , SX & NX can be converted to Club Elite by introducing Club Elite Nitro Piston.
Club Elite produces around 600 fps to give deadly accuracy.
Changing of barrel may be done but that is not advisable as it will never become original one.
It is advised to talk to Precihole before taking any step.

Basu


Not all those wander , are lost...............

prashantjha19
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby prashantjha19 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:27 am

My understanding is that the barrel blocks of PH on the two Cals were designed in a way that restricts interchangeability....(I may be wrong though). Incidentally, This is also the case with some other Indian makes I have applied myself on. Some models may however oblige.

The springs on the Standard and the Club models of PH are of same rate, and have the same specs, except for the number of rings (40 vs 34 respectively for the two models). However, as both actions have the same spring room and stroke, the spring in Club gets compressed less upon cocking, and hence is able to store less of PE, ....and thus is capable of imparting leaser energy to the piston upon decompression......reason why we get lower ME.
Regards,
Prashant



narach93
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby narach93 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:03 am

Thanks Basuda, Nitroex700 and Prashantji for your valuable advice. The fact is that I have a .22 SX 100 as well as a .177 NX 100. My query was only academic. I have also posted a mail to the precohole to seek their opinion. However I will try to swap the barrel and check the performance by my chrono. Infact the technical description bug of Prasantji has bitten me and I have done some experiments and learn some hard facts. Very soon I will share my part of story.

Added in 8 minutes 16 seconds:
Dear vsraja. Are you sure that Precihole is developing Sx/nx 200 ? If it is true then it will turn around the air rifle scenario of our country. Taking into account of their quality, the 200 will be a fantastic product. I guess they will settle for 20 joule which will allow many budding shooters to practice for 50 meters. Precihole should try to tap those customers who always wants for foreign ARs but cannot afford one. This is indeed a welcome information.



User avatar
vsraja
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby vsraja » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:22 am

I have many indian air rifles.Best of them was precihole.Yes, they will come up with the new model.But i cant confirm that it will be more powerful than their current models.I am having vx100 and i wonder how they can sell these quality products at this price.I removed some coils from vx100 to make it pleasant to shoot like a club version.We can also consider SDB models if they have a good trigger like precihole.because trigger is the main part of a air rifle.They still stuck with World War-1 era.Currently AARMR is also a good competitor of precihole.But they should have some other models also.Also i noticed that AARMR bore was bigger and hence it cant take many of the indian pellets.I prefer precihole because i prefer accuracy over power.


With regards,
vsraja

prashantjha19
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby prashantjha19 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:17 pm

narach93 wrote:Thanks Basuda, Nitroex700 and Prashantji for your valuable advice. The fact is that I have a .22 SX 100 as well as a .177 NX 100. My query was only academic. I have also posted a mail to the precohole to seek their opinion. However I will try to swap the barrel and check the performance by my chrono. Infact the technical description bug of Prasantji has bitten me and I have done some experiments and learn some hard facts. Very soon I will share my part of story.

Added in 8 minutes 16 seconds:
Dear vsraja. Are you sure that Precihole is developing Sx/nx 200 ? If it is true then it will turn around the air rifle scenario of our country. Taking into account of their quality, the 200 will be a fantastic product. I guess they will settle for 20 joule which will allow many budding shooters to practice for 50 meters. Precihole should try to tap those customers who always wants for foreign ARs but cannot afford one. This is indeed a welcome information.


Dear Narach93,
So glad to hear you are onto some experimenting! Will be looking forward to hearing further on it please.

Credible and authoritative sources have confirmed that a more powerful PH springer is in the offing....sooner rather than later; most certainly with a longer stroke. Some even say that we could look forward to it sometime around this Diwali season! What a terrific Diwali gift it would be!!

What stroke length it would be...continues to be a guess work for us as of now. However, since you say that the technical bug has bitten you, let me share some details on this from my on-going LONG-STROKING experiments with my PH springer.
[I no more feel inclined to share the tech details publicly because mostly people are least inclined.]

I have extended the stroke on my VX from 77 to 85+mm...and have so far run and tested it in three different states of tune.
First things first: In the existing action, and with a similar spring energy, this gun in 85mm stroke is the softest of any springers you would have ever shot, I guarantee......and with an instant ME figure in the range of 9.5FPE to 11FPE across the different weight pellets FLAT OUT straight upon assembly. The shot cycles are so soft and stable, you could shoot one holers at short ranges with one hand. First test shots produced a 1/4" to 1/3" POI at 7mtrs with six different pellets. And lo and behold,.....all this with a cocking effort of BELOW 8KG...i.e. 17 pounds!!

Energy Efficiency is in 32% range ...but that is because a large portion of spring energy gets invested with the piston (83.5%) and much less with preload.

A slight alteration of the spring and PL energy takes it swiftly into the 10.5-13fpe zone...with same accuracy, swifter shot cycle feel and lower sensitivity, and cocking effort just below 9KG. EE shoots up to over 35% with the lightest pellet....and over 33% with both -the most accurate one (PH-8.2) and the heavier yet loose fit one (US-Super Pointed, 9.6). The proportion of piston energy here is slightly lower at 81.22% of the spring energy.

Tweak it further, and it becomes tricky...in that accuracy becomes laboured (read the gun starts becoming sensitive, cycle is perceptibly snappy, esp with lighter pellets).

However, a lot of it, as I am figuring out through the different states of tune, is really about getting the piston weight, the spring room and the spring and preload energy right....and I am continuing to work out that sweet spot through the various tunes I am trying currently.

Now, coming to Precihole Sports: My view is that if they settle with 85-86mm stroke, we can expect the final product pretty soon...as they would not need to alter the comp tube, and could manage a sweet shooting, low effort, yet inherently higher powered gun with very few changes (makes good commercial sense!). It can be made to shoot at higher ME ...but the cycle could get pretty snappy (may get even harsher) and with heavier cocking. Would you like one? I may not.

However, if they decide on giving us a sweet-shooter 20J gun (I repeat, a sweet-shooter!), then I guess, they will need to alter the action (most certainly, the cocking link slot)....and so, we might need to wait a while longer (to allow for additional alterations in the production line, new moulds for action, etc.).
Going by the taste and commitment of Precihole's chief designer, Dr. Shirsat, we certainly should expect a sweet shooter powerhouse (as against jerky bone wrecker magnums that there are so many!!)

Just some top-of-mind thoughts... So much for now.
Best regards,
Prashant



sagar 12345
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:44 pm
Location: maharashtra

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby sagar 12345 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:15 pm

prashantjha sir , just for my knowledge i want know can i change nitro piston in nx100 club elite by spring & what additional things we require like top hat , spring guide ete. please responce sir.



narach93
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby narach93 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:03 pm

Dear Prashantji. You have phenomenal interest and knowledge about the science of Air guns. I have some foreign books on Air Guns. You have a serious challenge for them. The Precihole management has confirmed that the SX .22 barrel cannot be fitted in to the action of a NX/SX .177. This information is also for Basuda who advised me to seek opinion from Precihole.



narach93
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby narach93 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:11 pm

The advertisement flashed by the Keihberg is showing Diana Rifles in 460, 350 and AR-8 as well as some other reputed ones, which were long vanished from their site. Interestingly they have included our very own Preciholes into their stock. Does this means that the Indian quality rifles has started replacing the foreign guns ? This is a good sign. Precihole and SDB should add and improve their products to make us happy and proud. Prashantji, hope your prediction about the new 20 Joule superb Precihole will a reality soon.
Regards



prashantjha19
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Postby prashantjha19 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:37 pm

sagar 12345 wrote:prashantjha sir , just for my knowledge i want know can i change nitro piston in nx100 club elite by spring & what additional things we require like top hat , spring guide ete. please responce sir.


Dear Sagar12345,
I wonder why you would want to reconfigure your Club elite!
But since you seek the info "just for knowledge", then here goes....
Yes, you CAN ..replace the nitro unit in your Club Elite with a coil spring. What you will need for this are: A Piston (comes as a stand-alone unit for coil spring actions), a spring, a rear spring guide, and a top guide.

As for actually doing it....Most people's advice would be: Don't Do It!...unless you want to alter it's power output (ME). Club is a highly desirable springer for practicing target shooting....and as you have several guns, it's well the worth to keep one such beauty in your collection intact.
Regards,
Prashant

Added in 13 minutes 28 seconds:
narach93 wrote:Dear Prashantji. You have phenomenal interest and knowledge about the science of Air guns. I have some foreign books on Air Guns. You have a serious challenge for them. The Precihole management has confirmed that the SX .22 barrel cannot be fitted in to the action of a NX/SX .177. This information is also for Basuda who advised me to seek opinion from Precihole.


Thanks dear Narach93! It's mainly my interest (actually, passion)...and a fair bit of application really! And as with everything in life, Knowledge (whatever little we have) comes as a bonus..in increments...and grows by sharing, for sure. Thanks indeed for being open and willing to share and exchange!
And your books....for all you know, much of what we learn, we often owe to them! Who dare challenge!!

And How are your experiments going?? Curious....
Take care and my regards,
Prashant




Return to “Air Guns”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests