Which airgun should I buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:10 pm

Hello IFGians!

First of all m very thankful to all the members who contribute so much useful knowledge to the forum! I have been going through many post and had made my first purchase of Precihole SP50 air pistol 2 months back. Enjoying plinking and getting good results with MS Flat head and Precipell. I m planning to buy my first air rifle. Experience sharing and reviews by fellow members helped in shortlisting three rifles that meet my budget. My basic requirement are plinking and pest control. Shory listed ARs:

1. SDB Gennex (liked the weight)

2. NX100 (advantage of NP, can keep AR cocked.)

3. VX100 (springer in decent budget and good finish)

I'll go for 10kya or KoviBazaar as dealers at my place are all over priced (was getting SP50 for 6000, purchased for 4800 @ 10kya :lol: )

I request members to help me in finalizing from the three.

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil

For Advertising mail webmaster
prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello Maroon_d3vil,
Your query is actually not just yours alone but of many many, esp the young enthusiasts, those waiting to be initiated into this sport (or fun). And therefore, while I certainly am no expert to advice on this, I am opting to respond on this thread.
To begin with, since you have stated your objective as plinking and pest control, the NX certainly would be a 'smooth' and technologically better endowed option. Having said that, there also is this aspect of "being in love with your gun" that afflicts many people who are into airguns. If you feel that bug may have bitten you, I bet you won't be sleeping in peace until you have a good 'springer' in your stable. The sheer joy of knowing that you know how to 'handle' springers is possibly the best admiration airguns lovers and enthusiasts crave for. And that can come only when you have spent considerable time with these....and experienced the feel, etc.
On that count, both VX 100 and Genex are sheer beauties. While the PH model may be a notch up in terms of fit and finish and material quality and craftmanship, the SDB Genex (and the likes of Sport and Artemis) are ones that really seem to have come of age. The SDB has a special advantage in my opinion (apart from all the technical sophistication that has gone into it from a typical Indian brand of several decades) ...and it is that of a real wood stock. That itself is a charm for many gun loving people that no fancy synthetic stocks can compete with.
I shoot a PH (and I love it..), but I could not be at rest until I got myself a 'pure Indian one' form the SDB stable (I insisted on one in .22, and the best available option I could lay my hands on was the Classic 45 at my local place. And, while I was eyeing a 2000 (for its ball lock, ball bearing adjustable trigger, etc.) and was checking in the old stocks of the local dealers, I had to settle with the 45 - And this is based wholly on the impressions and recommendations available on this forum from fine enthusiasts like Basu Da, Bennedose, Big Daddy, Harshwardhan, and so many others who have said so much about this model in the past. I Will also tune it myself in some time....soon as it breaks in and I know its dynamics better....There again I will seek advice and inputs from them.
So, to answer your query, if you sense that the airgun bug has bitten you, go for any of these...but be prepared to find yourself seeking another one either SOON or very SOON...that is the choice you will need to make! Else, just go ahead with the NX.
Best wishes,
Prashant

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Thanks a lot Prashant for advising another prashant! (Yeah thats my real name :) ) I totally agree that handling a springer is getting the true feel of an AR. But I read very positive reviews of NX100 though basu sir's post and video on gennex made me give a thought to it. Awaiting other valuable suggestions. Will be making purchase this month. Once again thanks for ur valuable inputs.

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm

How lovely to be banging into one's namesake!! ....and to find we both share a love for something...airguns! Wonderful knowing you and hope to keep interacting on IFG!
YEs, you are right, Basu Da has great admiration for the GenNex. But mind you, he is equally appreciative of so many others. I have seen some very accounts of his old 45 classic, Sport and some others on this and other forums. Actually, that is an attribute of connoisseurs in any stream. And he sure is one! Indeed many others, too, here on IFG! You hand him an average gun, and he will most likely turn it into a terrific shooter.....much like what he did with his old 45 with all his ingenious tweaking and tuning. Like I said in my earlier post, when I could not find a 2000, I made up my mind on the 45 largely based on his advice and of some other IFGians. Of course, the new ones like the Sport and Gennex have some inherent advanced features which make them so desirable.

Just one more thing I missed to make note of and only realized it much later ....on power, the Gennex may fall a tad bit short of the PH models. It is a sweet and accurate shooter, has adjustable trigger pull, etc..... but possibly does not pack as much punch as a Sport or Apache (which are much the same in terms of weight and others features). So, I thought you may want to keep that in mind as well.
Will await inputs from those of us who have hands-on feels of these guns...so we learn more and it helps you take a more informed call.
Warm regards,
Prashant

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:58 pm

Hello Prashant!

I added gennex to my list due to its weight. Had gone through Basu Da's post and video. From reading various post and to get the real feel of an AR, I too feel considrng a springer. Had also read experience of Mr GNV on the stock filling. Thats what made me give precihole the priority. Though I know and have read about SDBs improvement in their models. I'm personally feeling to go for NX100. Lets see what happens! I'll keep updated here. Hoping for more suggestions.

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil

mohamed naseem
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mohamed naseem » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:54 am

im using ihp 35. I replacd the original spring with Precihole main spring. After tuning it is amazing . Hole in hole accuracy at 30 metres with jsb 8.26grains pellets . Im using Bushnell 3×9-40 scope.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:09 pm

I also understand that accuracy improves in IHP with Precihole​ spring .

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Amal Krishnan c v
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Amal Krishnan c v » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Please give me reviews of pH vx100 and 10kya.com feed backs,or any other dealers to buy the same

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Superb AR ....esp if it is your first one or if you are in the early stages of building your collection!! Light (mine weighs 3.25 kg); firing cylce is smooth (esp with PH pellets that sit most snug in the breech); very light cocking; snug fits and tolerances at every link and joint; very good quality bluing all over; no extra or outward sounds whatsoever during cocking, breech locking, etc; auto safety is a bonus at this price; trigger is a real joy (esp if you have a feel of those on older Indian AR models).
Accuracy wise, it is bang on from the word go. Mine did not need any breaking-in....although the company advises a 100-shot break-in for the AR.

10Kya is okay ...only that chasing them up helps speed things up. Make a call before placing and confirming your order, and keep following up and chasing them up to pack and dispatch....else they tend to sleep over! they also give you a cash back and some other add-ons, so it is okay to go with. My reading is they do not have ready stocks. Based on your order, they procure their stuff from PH (also in Mumbai), and then dispatch, which takes over a week or so. Hence the chasing up.
Good wishes!!
Prashant

m_naorem
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by m_naorem » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:23 pm

What about Airgunkart? Are they reliable?

Daphal R K
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Daphal R K » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Please.

Deepak117
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Deepak117 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:18 am

I want to buy sporting and target practice AR. Budget 7000. Kindly advice.

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi Deepak117,
Precihole's VX100 and SDB's Gennex would be the best choices in your budget.
Prashant

Deepak117
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Deepak117 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 pm

Thanks

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:55 pm

prashantjha19 wrote:Hi Deepak117,
Precihole's VX100 and SDB's Gennex would be the best choices in your budget.
Prashant
VX100 and Apache IMO. VX100 being the much superior gun though.