Which airgun should I buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Post by TenX » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="56293 wrote: I do recall chronoing the TX with two types of pellets but don't recall the figures. The trigger on that TX is so badly set it completely distracts my attention from the firing cycle.

AA springers do not really require a V-Mach kit. That is just a bad and expensive habit of mine. :mrgreen: However, I was not too pleased with the extreme spread of the Pro Sport and the V-Mach kit should hopefully bring that down to 5 fps or lesser.

Mack The Knife.. The MV is in feet/sec, right?
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

For Advertising mail webmaster
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:49 pm

kanwar76";p="56294 wrote:
Mack The Knife Bana";p="56293 wrote:I do recall chronoing the TX with two types of pellets but don't recall the figures. The trigger on that TX is so badly set it completely distracts my attention from the firing cycle.

AA springers do not really require a V-Mach kit. That is just a bad and expensive habit of mine. :mrgreen: However, I was not too pleased with the extreme spread of the Pro Sport and the V-Mach kit should hopefully bring that down to 5 fps or lesser.

So what I am saying is .. If you get lesser spread, sweet shooting and accurate rifle then whats the harm in extra power...

:Getting ready for the incoming:
:D

-Inder
Inder, if I recollect properly, there is some Greenhill formula, which results in overall loss of accuracy beyond certain velocities for v=certain types and weight of pellets/ammo.

AFAIK the balance of accuracy induced by the rifling is lost if the velocity is greater or lower than what is recommended...

Guys, those who know more, please pour in :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

hotshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hotshot » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:50 pm

hamiclar01";p="56278 wrote:
hotshot";p="56253 wrote: Mack The Knife - with regard to the FAC issue, what about gas ram rifles like the Theoben Eliminator , HW 90 etc. are these also internally regulated. I mean can i buy a 12ft/pound version and then increase the air pressure to make it FAC spec ? I really know very little so please excuse me if you find my questions stupid. :)
if you are really keen on an FAC, the simplest solution i can suggest is buying a sub FAC power springer, and order a FAC tuning kit.

bring the springer home with you as baggage, and ask the seller to post the kit to your address in india. he cannot legally sell it you to in u.k., but he often would be happy to post it overseas.

i think you can extrapolate this to pcp s, i guess.

of course you will have to speak to them personally when you reach. the three names i can think of are steve pope of v-mach, sandwell field sports, and ben taylor and sons (for pcps). i might warn you, it's not going to be cheap.

dev";p="56271 wrote: You lucky sod...I should bang my head on the wall...maybe I just will. :-)
can this (V-mac)tuning be done for gas rams to get them to FAC levels ?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Entirely depends on how much that extra power happens to be. So long as accuracy and a refined firing cycle is not sacrificed just to get additional power, you can add a few more ft.lbs. over the optimum but it really wont get you the results you are looking for because a) Most people are not competent enough to hit a distant target consistently and b) I'd rather not discuss this in public.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:02 pm

kanwar76";p="56294 wrote: .. If you get lesser spread, sweet shooting and accurate rifle then whats the harm in extra power...
Here is an article in PyramidAir, which advises against simply higher velocities... "...knowledgeable shooters never allow their pellet rifles to shoot much faster than 900 f.p.s."

http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles/velocity/

:)

Final say is that if you have a rifle that shoots higher velocities, use heavier pellets to slow them down :) : )
Last edited by TenX on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:03 pm

hotshot";p="56297 wrote:
hamiclar01";p="56278 wrote:
hotshot";p="56253 wrote: Mack The Knife - with regard to the FAC issue, what about gas ram rifles like the Theoben Eliminator , HW 90 etc. are these also internally regulated. I mean can i buy a 12ft/pound version and then increase the air pressure to make it FAC spec ? I really know very little so please excuse me if you find my questions stupid. :)
if you are really keen on an FAC, the simplest solution i can suggest is buying a sub FAC power springer, and order a FAC tuning kit.

bring the springer home with you as baggage, and ask the seller to post the kit to your address in india. he cannot legally sell it you to in u.k., but he often would be happy to post it overseas.

i think you can extrapolate this to pcp s, i guess.

of course you will have to speak to them personally when you reach. the three names i can think of are steve pope of v-mach, sandwell field sports, and ben taylor and sons (for pcps). i might warn you, it's not going to be cheap.

dev";p="56271 wrote: You lucky sod...I should bang my head on the wall...maybe I just will. :-)
can this (V-mac)tuning be done for gas rams to get them to FAC levels ?
not as far as i'm aware
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:08 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="56298 wrote:Entirely depends on how much that extra power happens to be. So long as accuracy and a refined firing cycle is not sacrificed just to get additional power, you can add a few more ft.lbs. over the optimum but it really wont get you the results you are looking for because a) Most people are not competent enough to hit a distant target consistently and b) I'd rather not discuss this in public.
Got is saar :)

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

hotshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hotshot » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:05 pm

any idea if they have a V mach or similar tuning kit for gasrams - specifically for the HW90 ?

my other earlier question - any idea why airgunbbs have stopped registrations ?

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:42 am

hotshot";p="56320 wrote:any idea if they have a V mach or similar tuning kit for gasrams - specifically for the HW90 ?
honestly, you're trolling here for fun aren't you?

because you hardly take the trouble to go through posts that answer your questions, some of which are actually on the same page as your question. and for the unanswered ones, does it occur to you that the rest of us are slowly losing interest, since you want to be spoon fed all the way.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:26 am

hamiclar01";p="56327 wrote:
hotshot";p="56320 wrote:any idea if they have a V mach or similar tuning kit for gasrams - specifically for the HW90 ?

because you hardly take the trouble to go through posts that answer your questions, some of which are actually on the same page as your question. and for the unanswered ones, does it occur to you that the rest of us are slowly losing interest, since you want to be spoon fed all the way.
You took words out of my mouth :)

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:48 am

my other earlier question - any idea why airgunbbs have stopped registrations ?
V-Mach do not make kits for any gasram based airgun.

I do not know why Airgun BBS have stopped registration. Perhaps it was just a temporary situation. Let me know what message you get via PM.

hotshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hotshot » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:38 am

sorry and thank you everybody. i am just plain confused on what to do and in that i may have missed reading the posts. I really don't want to annoy you'll .... all of you have been of real help and guidande to me. Sorry again.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:03 am

kanwar76";p="56330 wrote:
hamiclar01";p="56327 wrote:

You took words out of my mouth :)

-Inder
And thats why I stopped commenting some time back :) :)

hotshot";p="56343 wrote: sorry and thank you everybody. i am just plain confused on what to do and in that i may have missed reading the posts. I really don't want to annoy you'll .... all of you have been of real help and guidande to me. Sorry again.
Most welcome hotshot, if it has really helped you ;)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

hotshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hotshot » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:10 pm

Just read that Theoben has Gas Rams which can be installed on HW80's / Beeman R1s Anyone have any experience with this ? I really hope this has not been posted before !!! :)

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:42 pm

hotshot";p="56431 wrote:Just read that Theoben has Gas Rams which can be installed on HW80's / Beeman R1s Anyone have any experience with this ? I really hope this has not been posted before !!! :)
People still have less experience on this. No one still sure about return of investment. Many have been installed and came back to metal spring for various reason. If you have noticed, Theoben is not giving a good warranty on this product.

-Tirtha