Which airgun should I buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
airgunner468
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Post by airgunner468 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 am

@vmanicks
sir i already have a diana 35 that i am using since 7. another 35 in 22 cal i bought 4 years ago made in west germany.

now i was looking for some new beauty to add in my collection + i want to use such gun (800 to 1000 FPS) for hunting small game like doves,pigeons,even sometime ducks and surely hares r a great fun (only headshots).
budget is not as such problem but the only problem is that i dont even have a rough idea about price of diana 35,34,350mag,460mag etc
any idea about price will help me a lot!
regards
HAPPY SHOOTING

For Advertising mail webmaster
AneelZ
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Andhra Pradesh Dealer Directory

Post by AneelZ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Thankz man , i am planning to buy the crosman air rifle pumpmaster 750 .177 caliber 625 fps :P

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:39 am

airgunner468 wrote:@vmanicks
sir i already have a diana 35 that i am using since 7. another 35 in 22 cal i bought 4 years ago made in west germany.

now i was looking for some new beauty to add in my collection + i want to use such gun (800 to 1000 FPS) for hunting small game like doves,pigeons,even sometime ducks and surely hares r a great fun (only headshots).
budget is not as such problem but the only problem is that i dont even have a rough idea about price of diana 35,34,350mag,460mag etc
any idea about price will help me a lot!
regards
HAPPY SHOOTING
lucky you are in pakistan,in india hunting is banned.
for 1000 fps you should go for a walther dominator...1250fps.

Sathieshkumar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sathieshkumar » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:20 am

I have.22 Diana 350 magnum it's comes around 65000/-

CanIndianHt
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by CanIndianHt » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:26 pm

(about match 10m air rifle/pistol)

Talk to your provincial/state shooting officials to get some help getting airgun from government quota. I guess u can only get one though and its very hard to get one if your not top in your province/state or well known in national competitions. Around 2005 government had around 20 Anschutz air rifles in stock and were bought by many shooters, not sure about air pistols. I wont disclose who received those rifles from that quota but some good shooters (now in Indian team) bought them without paying idiotic prices to dealers.

Conclusion is that try to ask your provincial officials, since they have such information.
Last edited by CanIndianHt on Wed May 02, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAY NO TO ACTA

nikhilk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nikhilk » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:01 pm

I live in Pune and i have a Hammerli Sparkler Mod.RD CO2 Pistol. can you please tell me where i can refill it?

karan BADWAL
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by karan BADWAL » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:36 pm

yesterday i have got my air rifle model 95 .22 calibre.
i want to know the procedure of zeroing my rifle.
as this rifle is not known very much, i would also like to hear some facts about it.
hope to see the reply soon.

Adil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Adil » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:35 am

Walther® Talon Magnum Air Rifle - .22 Caliber
Gamo® Whisper Deluxe Air Rifle Combo
Remington Nitro Piston SS Air Guns

Friends this is the first time i am using this site. Looking at buying any of the above 3 models in India, could i get them in India and suggestions

Adil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: INDIA ARMS - Mumbai

Post by Adil » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 am

I am interested in Buying a good airgun in Mumbai, can you update me on the brands you carry and the approx costs.

Adil

Sid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:36 pm

just bought an airgun for 500 rpees in haridwar, very good and cheap

Sid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:41 pm

goto a toy shop, ask for a arigun/airpistol. they will show you either bb or the real deal. ask them to open the box and show. if bb then it will be of plastic if air then wood and metal. for a nominal fee of a few 100 rupees. ammunition not included.

HadiCCX
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Inquery

Post by HadiCCX » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm sorry but this is not a reply to your post but a question since i am new and don't know how to post a question.
I am going to Dubai in a week or so and would really like an air rifle, my budget is up to 2000 dhs and would like a few suggestions for air rifles (I am an experienced user, i would like the best for quality range accuracy and reliability). My son (15 years old) would like it for a birthday present and i want to take him to the store (are there any age limits?) he has also used his fair share of guns along with his grandfather's pump action shotgun, he will not use it to hunt edited ap if that is not possible than something along the lines of 2000, do i need a license or will i only need money that's it please help me soon, oh and nearly forgot what are some good attachments.

"HUNTING IS BANNED IN INDIA ALSO WHY ARE YOU HIJACKING THE THREAD START A NEW POST READ THE RULES AND THEN COMEBACK - MOD

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Inquery

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:28 am

Whatever air rifle you buy, do ensure that it is not so powerful that it fails the deal wood test. When you bring it back into India, the customs may put it to deal wood test. If it fails then you would need a firearm license otherwise no license needed.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Inquery

Post by gverma » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:05 am

I have following suggessions

1. It will be smart to buy an air rifle of .177 cal this is because you will have minimum hastel withh customs
2. As you are planning to buy a nice imported rifle you would want to put in imported pellets in it. In India only .177 pellets are available
3.Buy a springer because they can be easily repaired in India. If you beleive springer is too inaccurate then buy a single stroke pnuematic or one with rechargable cylender. Do not buy multi stroke pnuematic or the ones which need cylinder bottels because multi stroke will most probably fail the wood test and bottels are almost impossible to find in India.
4.Buy something with an open sight because it will be easy to zero.
5. If you think you want soemthing with telescope, please remove it from your rifle and pack in a seperate bag.
6. DO NOT carrly more than 10 tins of pellets and pack them in a seperate bag from your rifle.
7. Check with your airlines if you need to declare anything
8. Please do buy a hard case for your rifle and bubble wrap it for transit.
9. In case you buy a pnuematic with a cylender buy a pump with dust and moisture filter
10. Some good attachments are - bipod, in case you buy peep sight then filter iris, telescope, cleaning kit, cleaning cotton pellets, in case you buy a rifle in which more than one pellet can be loaded then extra magzines, things for wear and tear like springs and washers (in case you buy a springer), targets, pellet trap with a target holder the list can go on for ever.

mrinals143
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mrinals143 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:52 pm

hi friends i am Pradhan from hyd looking for a gud air pistol with a range of 10m. can any one sujest me with the brand and price?
Pradhan