DaystateMK3S

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Gary
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

DaystateMK3S

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Bought a Daystate MK3s .22 from the US, Mounted a MTC Viper 8-32X60 IRS scope. This rifle is a pleasure to fire and what adds to the versatility are the two magazines a 10 shot and the other a 20 shot. The recomended shots per fill for max pwer of 30 ftlbs is 30 shots although one van continue to fire upto about 80 shots but with continuously depleting power. Got a hand pump ( like a cycle pump) to carry out in the field if necessary. Practically soundless due to a full barrel shroud this rifle is ideal for fun in the field. Looks a bit too inposing for an airgun though. will try and post some pictures.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:07 pm

hi sounds great must be lots of fun.

did u bring it via plane or shipped?
enjoy

Gary
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: DaystateMK3S

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:25 pm

in my luggage. Had no trouble, go lucky I guess.

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Hi Gary,

As I am soon planning to go the same route, it will be really helpful if you can share some more details..

What airlines you flew?
Where did you land in India?
Did you inform the airlines beforehand?
Did you have to produce any documents at all?

Regards...

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Was the scope mounted on the gun when you brought it through customs? I thought that was not allowed. I guess you are right about being lucky :wink:
Congratulations on accquiring what looks like a great rifle, looking forward to the pics.

PS: What did the pump and adaptor cost?
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

Gary
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Stripped the rifle completely and brought it in. The scope was separate. This scope is so big that it does not look like an air gun scope.
checked it in and declared it at the time of boarding the flight. No doc were asked for at customs.
If I remember correctly The pump ( BSA ) cost about $225 the adaptor came with it.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 pm

Gary i think from what i hear from you,you must be the LUCKIEST chap to get a top airgun like an Daystate IN without no hassles!how come man!complete stripping means something beyond field stripping?please post some more information and of course the photos.andy

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:05 pm

Gary";p="34703 wrote:Stripped the rifle completely and brought it in. The scope was separate. This scope is so big that it does not look like an air gun scope.
checked it in and declared it at the time of boarding the flight. No doc were asked for at customs.
If I remember correctly The pump ( BSA ) cost about $225 the adaptor came with it.
Good show! A Daystate/Quackenbush is definitely on my wish list :)
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:30 pm

congrats! well done there! have good fun with it and tell us how it shoots
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:43 am

Congratulation Gary :P . One question, please excuse me for my Ignorance .. is this model equipped with a Microprocessor Controlled Electronic Trigger (CDT Systems). Please let us know how it feels and about it performance.

Regards
Saptarshi

Gary
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Gary » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:08 am

Tried posting some pictures but didn't manage!! Need help am new to this!
The gun has an electronic trigger and dual safety.
I did manage shooting it in the field and have managed targets at 60yrds and 68yrds. with a rest i got a consistent grouping of .5" at 40yrds what helps is the zero recoil. If one want full power then it is a bit of a work out filling the gun with a pump for optimum pressure. It is one of the most accurate Air rifles ( not including competition grade ) that I have ever used. I have shot the BSA hornet,( great gun ), and own an R1.
Answering the question an stripping the gun. I dismantled it totally but all the same declared it in parts at customs ( didn't fit in my bag ). I thought an aluminium hard case would be too conspicuous.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Via which Airport you came back?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:37 pm

hi gary google to photobucket.com and make your id, youll get a album download your pics there then copy them and paste them here. by stripping totaly and declaring it in parts at custom you mean whenever those jokers asked you ye kya hai you said a part of an airgun!seems quite humorous but i think the custom chap must havegot fed up!quite a grand getaway if i may use that term, i mean without their fingering the issue!which airport-the manouver is worth a try but lady luck did help you through because a daystate is a xcelent rifle with obviously nothing else but FIELD use so do use it that way!andy

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:39 pm

by the way gary what was the cost for you including how much duty

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:41 pm

andy_65_in";p="34940 wrote:hi gary google to photobucket.com and make your id, youll get a album download your pics there then copy them and paste them here. by stripping totaly and declaring it in parts at custom you mean whenever those jokers asked you ye kya hai you said a part of an airgun!seems quite humorous but i think the custom chap must havegot fed up!quite a grand getaway if i may use that term, i mean without their fingering the issue!which airport-the manouver is worth a try but lady luck did help you through because a daystate is a xcelent rifle with obviously nothing else but FIELD use so do use it that way!andy
It is NOT a getaway Andy! Import of airguns in personal baggage of passengers returning from overseas is PERFECTLY LEGAL, your post may make people think otherwise! :P As to how much or how little the customs hassle you on arrival, is entirely up to the officer on duty - hence it is purely luck! Legally they CANNOT confiscate the airgun, but the threat of detention is usually enough for people to cough up whatever it is that they are scoping for... especially since many passengers disembark at one of the international airports, but their final destination is a smaller town. They cannot stick around in the city while the customs chaps make them run around and therefore are happy to use shortcuts to get it done and over with as quickly as possible...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein