DaystateMK3S

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Gary
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Gary » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:39 pm

The whole reason for dismantling the rifle was actually not to get into the hassle of convincing the customs that it was an air gun, according to past experience their perception of air guns is primarily of the break barrel type. Also the trip from the US is quite long and the last thing one wants is some customs giving you attitude.
It was quite funny seeing the expression of the guy when I brought it out in parts... he probably let me through to not look stupid because he tried putting it together and said "goli kidhar se nikalti hai" ! When he saw the pump he asked me if I could fill air in a cycle also. Quite surprising since the airport was Mumbai and the customs guys are really up to date on stuff.
I was pretty confident since I wasn't doing anything illegal. The complete package, Air rifle, scope, pump, about 15 boxes of pellets pellet pouch cost me app. $2400.

For Advertising mail webmaster
andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Gary $ 2400 is helluva fortune for an airgun however what was the duty you paid 35 % or more .andy

Gary
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Gary » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:30 pm

A fortune it was but, worth every penny. Not many air guns compare to the Daystate, its performace build quality etc are way too good to actually compare to other Airguns. There was a debate before I actually saw it between a BSA hornet rifle, Theoben Eliminator and the MK3s. When I was at the shop I didn't need convincing.
Touch it, feel it and I am convinced many will covet or convert! I highly recommend you go to the website.

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Gary";p="34993 wrote: Touch it, feel it and I am convinced many will covet or convert! I highly recommend you go to the website.
"Covet" is the word!" Precioussss"! :lol: :twisted:
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!