How to set Zero in a air rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Emery
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: How to set Zero in a air rifle

Post by Emery » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:49 pm

Dear OUP,

I have got an Indian Air rifle, not sure of the make as it was gifted to me by a friend.
Theres no name written on it. It has metal sights. There are no arrangements for the Scope.

Emery

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:52 pm

does it have anything to adjust the sights??

Sid

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:08 pm

First move the windage or the left right sight adjustment till it shoots dead straight. This will be the round adjustment wheel that is on the horizontal part of the sight. Do this within a short range if you want to, cause that makes it less frustrating. Once it is set then measure off thirty three feet or ten meters from your shooting point. It is also easier if you use a bench or a table with cushions etc to give you a solid rest. Hold the rifle lightly, in fact I just rest the forearm of the rifle on the bench over the palm of my non shooting hand and don't grip the stock at all. I hold the rifle firmly with the trigger hand. The stock is snug firmly planted under the collar bone and inside the shoulder. At first shoot to see where the pellets are going. If they are low then use the verticle adjustment screw(the one located at the top of the sight) till the shots are going about an inch high at ten. This will normally have you dead on at fifty meters and an inch or so low at 25, if I remember correctly. Basically shoot and enjoy yourself and get good with the rifle. Normally mastershot round nose pellets will work good with desi airguns.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:50 pm

On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Emery
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: How to set Zero in a air rifle

Post by Emery » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Thanks Dev, Sniper, Sid,

Dev Thanks a lot I will try this with my Rifle on Sunday, currently taking a printout . Thanks Sniper for the link, going through it.

One more question, There is a gap between the end of barrel and the Stock, its aproxx 1.5mm,( From where the Spring can be removed). Can that be a problem for not shooting?
I just had the gun serviced at Bombay Gun House.

Emery

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:25 pm

Both threads covered a similar enough topic, so have merged them now...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein