Just arrived

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Just arrived

Post by archer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:03 pm

Hey guys,
Some good news....my pistol which i ordered in july just arrived...... got a letter from the postal custom on friday to submit my documents...... thats where the good news ends....

the bad news is that the parcel has arrived in my fathers name(prob because he paid for it)....n i am a member at MRA.... so the custom guys are objecting to it .... n refusing to release it ......

The only option i c is....the custom guys had made a passing ref that if an importer is not a member of any association, a police NOC has to be filed...... need to check with them if thats a possibility.....

If things dont work out, then it is RTS ....return to sender..... any suggestions people.....

thanx
regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Just arrived

Post by biking3819 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:39 pm

other than sending it back i guess u must spend some time in the videsh dak bhavan patiently and try to ask for 'HELP', the customs can find a legal solution to release it if you can stress the fact of relationship with the importer and how he was supporting you for the cause of developing this sport and get medals for your country 'INDIA'.

regards sanjiv
nb-by the way which model did you order.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:40 pm

Archer, follow Sanjiv's advice. They may make you sweat a bit but they will release it.

All the best.

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:52 pm

Hey guys,
Thanx for the words of encouragement.... fortunately i am free rite now...no college...so i can and will try my best to explain to them....

Regards
Parag

P.S. I ordered a HW45

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Either take your father along or take a letter from him explaining that he had bought this air-pistol for you as you are a student and do not have an income of your own.

cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:28 pm

best of luck archer. i hope every thing will be fine. come on man we are alll with u
cherian.k.k

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:25 pm

Since you are dependent ( not earning ) your father can give "undertaking" for making this payment. You just need to do some paper work but it will be released for sure. Visit the department office and talk to the concern officers politely and calmly, they will suggest you the way out ...... ***EDITED***

Next time it will be a red card - Mack The Knife

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:22 pm

Hey guys,
hard luck.....the asst comm at the postal customs is refusing .... took my dad along with me so explain the prob....she shows us the rule book and says, the only option is for my dad to get a club membership .... otherwise she will send it back ..... (she is an ias officer who is following the rule book)....... -:(

have lost all hope..... will have to order it from BAR again.....this time i may take the courier option.... i had to wait for 4 months only to hear from the postal guys...

regards
parag

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:24 pm

only if there was another olly in mumbai :(

...this is being painful!still i wud hope for the best for you.lets hear from the gurus.

regards sanjiv

karandheer78
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by karandheer78 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:38 pm

hmmm...hard luck Parag....no way out on this? The lady in charge wud be compliant to some reasoning I premsume.

Chat up with her subordinates & try n find out if such a similar case has happened in the past (I am sure something similar like a Mr. being erroneously labelled Mrs. or a name being mis-spelt etc may have surely happened)

No much expereinced in these matters though.

Best of luck buddy.

cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:50 pm

will reccommendation work?check if ur father have any contact superior to this lady

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:10 pm

Hey guys,

I do know a few fellows...but her reasonin is if she clears this( she calls it a mess) n i misuse it then the axe falls on her (she quoted the gurgoan incident, it didnt help my cause....) i have checked with her juniors, they say there is no precedent, thus no way that they can 'bend the law to accomodate me'.....

thanx for ur compassion ...all of u....feels nice wen u r comforted in situations like this....
cheers

Parag