S400 Carbine

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

that be good shit!

Post by dev » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:17 pm

[quote="eljefe";p="23449"]Dev,
dont see you salivating yet???

Why do you think it took me so long, swiping drool off the key board takes time.
Is this Gasram Gandu's piece Mack The Knife? I love the field strip that you have done.
Love the innards of Co2 and compressed air rifles.

What happened to the rest of the barrel? ;-)
Okay so you're a jammy git. There i said it.

Love the way you have chronied the rifle, so methodical, so ***L. ;-)

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: If you are unhappy...

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:44 pm

That's just the begining of the stripdown process.
Is this Gasram Gandu's piece Mack The Knife?
No. It belongs to another bloke here - Wolf.
Love the way you have chronied the rifle, so methodical, so ***L.
If you thought that was anal, what follows may well have you reaching for one of the darlings. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:46 pm

A spreadsheet would have been a tad handier Rusty... would have generated the graph for you in a jiffy too! ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:49 pm

If you thought that was anal, what follows may well have you reaching for one of the darlings. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife
[/quote]

Gawd Lord Mack The Knife thou art beyond slings and arrows that thy miserable chamcha can chuck thy way. Could I have a copy of that sheet? Hint, hint next year isn't too far away.

Regards,

Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:54 pm

mundaire";p="23490 wrote:A spreadsheet would have been a tad handier Rusty... would have generated the graph for you in a jiffy too! ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Doesn't that require some knowledge of computers and associated software.... :roll:

Will post a full size pic, then anyone who wants to study it can copy it to his/her computer for later reference.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:00 pm

Hey Rusty,

Isn't this rifle supposed to do higher velocities? Right now its still below magnum springer class ain't it.

Are you filling it from a bottle or a pump?

Regards,

Dev

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:03 pm

Dev,

If it's an import from BAR it may very well be a non-FAC rated rifle...

BTW, completely OT but since this thread has veered OT anyway - any opinions of the AirForce Condor/ Talon SS?

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:09 pm

According to the yanks no go for first pcp. They recco having a Sumatra or an Air Arms. But conversely there is a Talon owners forum that can't get enough of their rifles. Getting one from a tuner may be the way to go.

Dev

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:14 pm

dev";p="23499 wrote: According to the yanks no go for first pcp. They recco having a Sumatra or an Air Arms. But conversely there is a Talon owners forum that can't get enough of their rifles. Getting one from a tuner may be the way to go.

Dev
Ah, they seem quite reasonably priced compared to other PCPs and look seriously "cool"... Plus I really like the idea of easily interchangeable barrels (been inspired by a friend's similar success with a CO2 rifle ;) ) - order .177 via mail and later on drop in a .22 barrel.... :mrgreen:

Any idea if Tim @ Mac1 stocks/ tunes these?

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: If you are unhappy...

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:28 pm

Could I have a copy of that sheet?

Here you go....

The chrono readings and graph are only part of the test procedure. What still remains to be done is to fill the rifle to 190 BAR and then shoot groups of 5 or 10 without any sight correction/compensation so as to establish how much above or below zero the rifle groups at pressure levels from 190 to 110 BAR.

For example, if the rifle is to group within 1/2" but you find that the rifle only does thatfrom 170 BAR and lesser, then you need only pump to 170 BAR instead of 190 BAR.
Isn't this rifle supposed to do higher velocities?
It can but that is not adviseable considering it's just a carbine and does not hold much air. If you want really high velocities and a reasonable shot count, there is the standard rifle (Classic) and FAC version for that.

Air Arms would have set the M.E. lower than the figures you see but since I had to strip the rifle completely, I found the transfer port and left it a tad open. (Please do not ask me how this is done as I do not want to disclose this information on the net.)

It's being filled from a Hill pump. Wish I had a bottle as one quick blast could have cleared out the dirt that was causing the leak and there may have been no need to open the rifle up.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:24 pm

I found the transfer port and left it a tad open. (Please do not ask me how this is done as I do not want to disclose this information on the net.)

Roger Chief but I think I know. The process is used a lot in the Crosman and Qb Co2 guns.

Thanks for the detailed reply. You be king.

Dev

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:29 pm

Plus I really like the idea of easily interchangeable barrels (been inspired by a friend's similar success with a CO2 rifle ;) ) - order .177 via mail and later on drop in a .22 barrel.... :mrgreen:

Any idea if Tim @ Mac1 stocks/ tunes these?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
[/quote]

Tee heee hee. Yes in fact Mac1 tunes these for optimal power and accuracy. Talons were in fact introduced with barrel changing options long ago.Plus hot news is that a Co2 tank is available for the Talon SS(built in moderator), so its become even more flexible and a really high shot count, something like 200 or more shots per refill. Definitely worth a dekkho. ;-)

Regards,

Dev

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:33 pm

[
It's being filled from a Hill pump. Wish I had a bottle as one quick blast could have cleared out the dirt that was causing the leak and there may have been no need to open the rifle up.

Mack The Knife
[/quote]

So does it take about seventy pumps to reach 170 or 200 bar or you reckon its a doable feat? (Asked outa pure ignorance, not a barb or anything.)

Regards,

Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:16 pm

dev";p="23526 wrote:
So does it take about seventy pumps to reach 170 or 200 bar or you reckon its a doable feat? (Asked outa pure ignorance, not a barb or anything.)

Regards,

Dev
I think it took about 83 strokes of the pump to fill it from 110 BAR to 190 BAR. Forgot what the count was for filling from 0 to 190 BAR.

It's not difficult as it is made out to be. Ideally you should stop pumping after every 50 strokes or when the pump's barrel/cylinder becomes too warm and only continue after it has cooled.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:49 pm

Jeee what a work out. Good tip on the pumping and the rest after 50 pumps.

Regards,

Dev