Beretta 92 Fs Co2 Pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
smark
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Beretta 92 Fs Co2 Pistol

Post by smark » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:16 am

I need to know more about this model:
Beretta 92 Fs Co2 Pistol.
I liked its looks very much, but know nothing about its build quality, performance, price etc..Just considering buying it if it's truly worth spending money upon.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Beretta 92 Fs Co2 Pistol

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:49 pm

These are basically fun / plinking shooters made by Umarex. Accuracy is good enough for their intended purpose (shooting tin cans). The problem with most of these air pistols is that they use disposable 12 gram CO2 cartridges, which are expensive in India.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

smark
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by smark » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:12 pm

mundaire wrote:These are basically fun / plinking shooters made by Umarex. Accuracy is good enough for their intended purpose (shooting tin cans). The problem with most of these air pistols is that they use disposable 12 gram CO2 cartridges, which are expensive in India.
You mean, they are no better than simple break-barrel air guns? I had one of those, it was just a plinker. I expected co2 powered air guns to be much more than that...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:48 am

If you are talking about muzzle energy, you can expect no more than 6 ft lbs from these type of casual plinkers, most likely less than that figure.

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

smark
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by smark » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:16 pm

mundaire wrote:If you are talking about muzzle energy, you can expect no more than 6 ft lbs from these type of casual plinkers, most likely less than that figure.
I was getting about 8 feet lbs from my break barrel only! If a gun is powered by co2, I expect much greater power than that! Do you think multi pump air pistols (Crossman 1377c for example) perform better than co2 guns?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:56 pm

Why would you think there would be more ME just because the propellent is CO2? Does CO2 defy the laws of physics?

www.gunowners.in

smark
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by smark » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 pm

mundaire wrote:Why would you think there would be more ME just because the propellent is CO2? Does CO2 defy the laws of physics?
Well, I really don't know much about physics, chemistry because I am from arts background. As far as I have understood, compressed co2 should act as a more powerful propellent than compressed air. If not, there is no point in making co2 guns. They are priced much higher than break barrels. If they are no better than toy guns, no point in buying them. That's why I would like to know if multi pump air guns are any better.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:46 am

Power output of an airgun depends on a lot of factors, and going into details is beyond the scope of any single post on a forum. However, briefly:-

Most break barrel or other types (side lever, under lever, etc) of spring piston air rifles (springers) would be more powerful that these CO2 air pistols.

PCPs (pre charged pneumatic) airguns are currently the most powerful of the lot. The exact amount of power produced would depend on pellet mass, barrel length, etc and of course the manufacturer designed output - which often is kept much below potential due to legal regulations in the country where these are being retailed. PCPs are typically charged with high pressure air (HPA) at pressures ranging from 1500 to 3000 psi.

CO2 was many decades ago (briefly) a propellant of choice, but soon fell out of favour with those seeking pin point accuracy as the output varies a lot based on temperature, speed of shooting, method of fill etc. So these days CO2 airguns are considered plinkers, basically good for backyard shooting at cans. Which is not to say they are pointless!! They can be a load of fun to shoot, especially for youngsters, who are not strong enough to cock springers and who are not old enough to be handling (very expensive) PCPs. CO2 operating pressure is somewhere between 800 to 900 psi (depending on temperature etc). While these air pistols produce low power, they are decently accurate. Of course CO2 air rifles can (and are) often more powerful than these air pistols, but they are never going to be making it to the top of the power sweepstakes (due to lower operating pressure compared to HPA).

Multi pump pneumatics can be more powerful than the CO2 air guns, though this would depend on make, model and most importantly which country they are being sold in (legal restrictions). I personally never liked these much as each reload requires multiple strokes of the pump, but to each his / her own. On the plus side, they are usually much cheaper to buy as compared to PCPs and even decent springers would cost more!

As a final note: POWER WITHOUT ACCURACY IS POINTLESS

www.gunowners.in

smark
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by smark » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:06 am

mundaire wrote:Power output of an airgun depends on a lot of factors, and going into details is beyond the scope of any single post on a forum. However, briefly:-

Most break barrel or other types (side lever, under lever, etc) of spring piston air rifles (springers) would be more powerful that these CO2 air pistols.

PCPs (pre charged pneumatic) airguns are currently the most powerful of the lot. The exact amount of power produced would depend on pellet mass, barrel length, etc and of course the manufacturer designed output - which often is kept much below potential due to legal regulations in the country where these are being retailed. PCPs are typically charged with high pressure air (HPA) at pressures ranging from 1500 to 3000 psi.

CO2 was many decades ago (briefly) a propellant of choice, but soon fell out of favour with those seeking pin point accuracy as the output varies a lot based on temperature, speed of shooting, method of fill etc. So these days CO2 airguns are considered plinkers, basically good for backyard shooting at cans. Which is not to say they are pointless!! They can be a load of fun to shoot, especially for youngsters, who are not strong enough to cock springers and who are not old enough to be handling (very expensive) PCPs. CO2 operating pressure is somewhere between 800 to 900 psi (depending on temperature etc). While these air pistols produce low power, they are decently accurate. Of course CO2 air rifles can (and are) often more powerful than these air pistols, but they are never going to be making it to the top of the power sweepstakes (due to lower operating pressure compared to HPA).

Multi pump pneumatics can be more powerful than the CO2 air guns, though this would depend on make, model and most importantly which country they are being sold in (legal restrictions). I personally never liked these much as each reload requires multiple strokes of the pump, but to each his / her own. On the plus side, they are usually much cheaper to buy as compared to PCPs and even decent springers would cost more!

As a final note: POWER WITHOUT ACCURACY IS POINTLESS
Thanks much for a very informative & helpful advice, mundaire. I think if I have to spend that much money, it better be on a PCP pistol. I did some searching on the web, and found out some PCPs like Diana are the cheapest out there, all other models up & above 400 dollars. With import duties, it would be even more I guess. Anyway now it's clear what exactly I need!

Aishgupta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Aishgupta » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Where do u buy co2 guns from ?

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi Aishgupta,

Some of the gun dealers in Delhi stock them. Kiehberg.in also might be able to get one for you (not very sure, though).

Regards,

Pinak Shome

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Co2 available. Please contact viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22589&start=60
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.