Thoughts on the Walther LP 500 series?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Thoughts on the Walther LP 500 series?

Post by partheus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi there folks! So, with pre-states about to start in UP, I am looking to purchase an air pistol for 10m event. I tried the ever so popular Steyr and Morini models, but the rake and girth on their grips really put me off (feel like I am watering plants when holding them).

The new LP 500 from Walther caught my attention, primarily for the sheer number of grip options they offer. The fact that I can adjust the rake and cant on them is an added plus. But, the model was launched last year and is as yet unproven.

My Google-fu has drawn a blank so far, people on some forums have advised against it as apparently there were trigger issues with their 400 series. But, that's barely grounds to move away from the new one.

Anyone here have any experience with the 500? All that I have read about it seems to indicate it will be an ideal fit. But am on the fence since it's an expensive purchase and a new design.

Thanks so much!

For Advertising mail webmaster
nmondal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Thoughts on the Walther LP 500 series?

Post by nmondal » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:19 pm

I know it is pretty late, but Hammerli AP 20 is actually modified LP 400, and it rocks, well, most of the time.
viewtopic.php?t=27182
And targettalk suggests that LP 500 is the best Air Pistol now in existence.
https://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=60451