Shooting a .177 air rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Sky56
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Shooting a .177 air rifle

Post by Sky56 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:58 am

Hi,
I have VX100 air rifle. I use to shoot it in my house on terrace. I have set paper targets on my terrace. However, Someone around called up 100 and i had to face a lot of issues. I was shocked by the statement of police that Arms Act would be applied on me if found doing the same next time.

From that day onwards, I stopped shooting. What I need to know from you people is that which place should I use my air rifle at? Will I be in trouble again if i use it on ground? Like, I dont know. Someone around may again call up the police. I live in Vadodara, Gujarat. If anyone from here, please help me.

P.S: the .177 pellet was not leaving the perimeter of my
house.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sharpshooterjassi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Shooting a .177 air rifle

Post by sharpshooterjassi » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Well I would not be comfortable if my neighbour is using an air gun on his roof. U might be confident thet the pellet won't leave your roof, your neighbour might be scared of being hit in the face! Join a shooting range.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 am

Shift your practice to fully covered area.Its better to use it in a place where no outsider can see the gun.
With regards,
vsraja

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:01 am

I think personal vengeances and controversies of your neighbourhood playing main role in your issue, If possible, you can arrange a own 10 metre shooting range inside your home campus, once again sure about the safety of your family members, children's, the range must set out without any interfere, better to purchase a pellet trap target box, then don't panic about possession of a .177 cal air rifle, it doesn't attract any legal issues when use with care and precaution, happy shooting,
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D