• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

Need help in zeroing my Achilles

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Abhilashdsar
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Postby Abhilashdsar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 am

Hello everyone,
I didn't used any scope till day, so I need your help to adjust the scope, sorry for my basic quarries.
I need suggestions --- at what angle, distance required to zeroing a gun of 850 fps (pricihole Achilles)for best results.
---- Confused by how we know to hold over and hold under a scope.



User avatar
GNV
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 am
Location: Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Postby GNV » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Try chairgun app to find the zero



Abhilashdsar
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Postby Abhilashdsar » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:26 pm

GNV wrote:Try chairgun app to find the zero

Thanks sir, I will try and update you.



Sombit
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Postby Sombit » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:13 am

1)Seat the gun on a rest at 10 m from a white paper. Ask someone to hold down the rifle firmly so that it doesn't move at all even after a shot.
2)Shoot a random shot. See where the pellet hit
3) Now without moving the rifle even a bit adjust the scope to focus exactly on the bullet hole.
4) If your rifle has not moved even a bit, then your zeroing is complete. If not, repeat again.



Abhilashdsar
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Postby Abhilashdsar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:10 pm

(y) thanks sombit ji for your support and extremely sorry for delay.
Sombit wrote:1)Seat the gun on a rest at 10 m from a white paper. Ask someone to hold down the rifle firmly so that it doesn't move at all even after a shot.
2)Shoot a random shot. See where the pellet hit
3) Now without moving the rifle even a bit adjust the scope to focus exactly on the bullet hole.
4) If your rifle has not moved even a bit, then your zeroing is complete. If not, repeat again.



User avatar
GNV
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 am
Location: Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Postby GNV » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:33 am

Is this first time you are using a scope.




User avatar
GNV
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 am
Location: Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Postby GNV » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Download and study Chairgun App. You will know a lot of things about using a scope. There are many variable that one need to know when using a scope. Near zero,& far zero. And height of the scope, magnification being used etc. Once you understand you will enjoy long distance shooting. But to get accurate trajectory graphs you need to know the fps at which your gun is shooting with a particular pellet. For that you need a Chrony. You can also plot trajectories without a chrony. But it involves a lot of work and patience. Once you understand about trajectories then you can graduate to strelok app and you would love it. PM me if you want any directions.



Abhilashdsar
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Postby Abhilashdsar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:03 am

GNV wrote:Download and study Chairgun App. You will know a lot of things about using a scope. There are many variable that one need to know when using a scope. Near zero,& far zero. And height of the scope, magnification being used etc. Once you understand you will enjoy long distance shooting. But to get accurate trajectory graphs you need to know the fps at which your gun is shooting with a particular pellet. For that you need a Chrony. You can also plot trajectories without a chrony. But it involves a lot of work and patience. Once you understand about trajectories then you can graduate to strelok app and you would love it. PM me if you want any directions.

Dear sir, first thanks for your guidance, I downloaded the app two times but failed.it need lot of inputs n calculation and need expertise,hence very difficult for a newbie like me. But I like the app and I will pm you to understand chairgun app if u welcomes.



User avatar
GNV
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 am
Location: Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Postby GNV » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:59 am

Abhilashdsar wrote:
GNV wrote:Download and study Chairgun App. You will know a lot of things about using a scope. There are many variable that one need to know when using a scope. Near zero,& far zero. And height of the scope, magnification being used etc. Once you understand you will enjoy long distance shooting. But to get accurate trajectory graphs you need to know the fps at which your gun is shooting with a particular pellet. For that you need a Chrony. You can also plot trajectories without a chrony. But it involves a lot of work and patience. Once you understand about trajectories then you can graduate to strelok app and you would love it. PM me if you want any directions.

Dear sir, first thanks for your guidance, I downloaded the app two times but failed.it need lot of inputs n calculation and need expertise,hence very difficult for a newbie like me. But I like the app and I will pm you to understand chairgun app if u welcomes.


You are welcome
GNV




Return to “Air Guns”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests