Air pistols that resemble the real stuff

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Raj Khalid
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Air pistols that resemble the real stuff

Post by Raj Khalid » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:24 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="2645 wrote:Hi Raj,

Not sure if you remember me but it's good to have you on board. Get the Doc over as well.

Do you still represent Air Arms in India?

When time permits can you please elaborate on the airgun import laws.

Mack The Knife
Well there are many reasons why the import of airguns is legal.
1) They are not fire arms to begin with. Even if chapter 93 lists them with fire arms. Now authorities take shelter under the definition of " fire arm" which means any arm which can eject a projectile by explosive or any other means of energy. So they claim an airgun ejects a projectile using compressed air. They conveniently overlook the fact that to be a fire-arm the oject must first be an " Arm" which is any instrumet designed for offensive or defensive purposes and airguns are not designed for this purpose. Naturally if they are not arms, as under the Arms Act they cannot be firearms.

2) There was a circular issued by the old CCI&E to all Asst Comissioners of Customs that the import of airguns was never banned under the ban on firarms imposed in 1986.

3) India is a signatory to the WTO and one of the fundamental principles of " Nationality treatment" is that you cannot restrict the import of articles which are made and sold normaly in the market. So as long as Indian Hume Pipe make and sell airguns we can and should be allowed to import airguns from abroad.

I guess this should be enough food for thougth.

Raj

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:40 pm

Thanks for the reply, Raj.

Just so I have a clearer picture, are the above three points pertaining to import of airguns as personal baggage (this was always allowed) or import of airguns via post or courier and that too in any calibre rather than just the .177" calibre?

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the information. Its really good to know these things
Raj Khalid";p="2649 wrote:
2) There was a circular issued by the old CCI&E to all Asst Comissioners of Customs that the import of airguns was never banned under the ban on firarms imposed in 1986.

Raj
Is it Possible to get a copy of this circular or could you please point me to a resource where I could get this.

Thanks
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:37 pm

Raj,

Their is also an old notification of the Home Ministry taking out air rifles from the category of firearms( with an exception as laid down in the notification)

Take care,
penpusher

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:10 pm

Hi penpusher,

Could you please let me know where I could get hold of such circulars and notifications.

The Airgun import document which we had on our previous yahoo boards was a very useful one

Thanks
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:19 pm

The airgun import notification is now available in our "Download" section - under legal notices.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:38 pm

Where can one find any copy of the rule or notifications where its mentioned that one can bring in air-gun as personnal baggage?

Any online resource or something else?

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:50 pm

Inder,

There is an office near Connaught Place in New Delhi from where you can get copies of all the govt. notifications and that too for only a couple of rupees.You would need to know the no. and the year of the notification, however.You can ask for the place from any book dealer, in or around CP, who deals in Law books , for directions.

Take care,
penpusher

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:19 pm

I will be in Delhi tomorrow, Will try...

Thanks a lot penpusher :)

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...