Legality to dispose of airgun

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
hellokitty
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Legality to dispose of airgun

Post by hellokitty » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:55 pm

A family member of mine that has passed away owned a .177 Weihrauch HW80 air rifle.
I've read through portions of the 2016 Arms Code - On page 179, Item 84(2) it says that sales of all air weapons must be through authorized dealers. Does that mean that the family cannot directly sell this air rifle to one of his friends who is interested in it?
Must the family therefore go through a dealer to sell this rifle to him?

What are some of the reputable arms dealers in Mumbai through whom guns may be sold?

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed - I couldn't seem to find any threads that addressed this specific issue.

As a thought, I'd offer all gun owners on this forum to have a documented plan for their firearms in the unfortunate event of their unforseen death. More than a merely a will - something instructional to guide your family through this process.

Thank you for your time.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bashmys
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Legality to dispose of airgun

Post by bashmys » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:32 pm

sorry to hear about the loss of the near and dear one.
.177 can be sold to anyone if you can trust the person just to make sure he will not do something stupid.
i can buy the gun if u want i have a riffle association membership. you can PM me the details and price

hellokitty
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hellokitty » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks for your response and condolences bashmys, I'm unable to PM you because I'm a new user and the system seems to require some seniority before PM access is granted :(

Thanks for your interest in the airgun as well - however, my family just informed me that today they sold all his guns (including the airgun) and scopes to a dealer for an extremely low price to avoid 'the hassle'.

Therefore, I'd again suggest that all the gun owners on here make up an instructional will with regards to your guns unless your family members are well versed in the legal procedures.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:26 pm

hellokitty wrote:Thanks for your response and condolences bashmys, I'm unable to PM you because I'm a new user and the system seems to require some seniority before PM access is granted :(

Thanks for your interest in the airgun as well - however, my family just informed me that today they sold all his guns (including the airgun) and scopes to a dealer for an extremely low price to avoid 'the hassle'.

Therefore, I'd again suggest that all the gun owners on here make up an instructional will with regards to your guns unless your family members are well versed in the legal procedures.

Sorry to hear of your loss and also to hear that your family sold the guns at an extremely low price.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."