Need advice on rifile scope

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
bashmys
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Need advice on rifile scope

Post by bashmys » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:11 pm

i bought a Walther LGU Master recently, looking to purchase a good quality scope for it, where can i get good ones in india.
i dont want to waste my money on fake ones flooded in the market.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bashmys
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Need advice on rifile scope

Post by bashmys » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:14 pm

seems nobody is interested in commenting.
how is discovery VTZ 3-9x40

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi,

You can check at Airgun Bazaar. They may have some scopes in stock.

https://airgunbazaar.in/product-category/scopes-optics/

Maroon_d3vil
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -- The Dalai Lama

ashwin1627
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashwin1627 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:16 pm

Got a BSA essential 3-9x40 from AliExpress . Got it to Bangalore without any problems. It's the one on the precihole NX100 .you could check that out. 1500+ shots holds zero , and has a clear field of view. The other one is a Bushnell copy sourced locally but the image is not as clear as the BSA essential.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

bashmys
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bashmys » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 am

thank you guys, i went ahead and bought on discovery VTZ 3-9x40. hope it does what it says.

vasar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vasar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 am

Hello Guys --

Small Advice - I am a new bee for this website and also for Air rifle
Last week, I have purchased Precihole NX100 Polaris - Felt happy - But not yet tested beyond 10 feet..

I have ordered Beilishi 6X-24X 50mm from Aliexpress for 2.9K - Seems its about 40CM [15.7 Inches] - Whether we could fix it in our NX100

After Ordering, Suspecting - whether the manual spring loading could be a issue here -- As of now, the Gun is in Native [Erode], Currently I am working in Bangalore... I couldnt measure the Gun as of now - Could you Guys tell me - Whether we can fix a 40cm/15.7 Inches Scope here

If you guys confirm, I will leave the order -
If not, I have to cancel the order - Need to go to home and return to BLR and then I need to order - Seems it would take a month --

Checking in Bangalore Shops
=========================
Those Guys will not speak to us, unless we are buying a new one///

Regards,
Vasanth R

Ordered product
=================
Link : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Beilesh ... 11947.html

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:49 pm

I know right now my comment might seem baseless to you, but as a user of scope I'd recommend you not to buy one for an air rifle. It looks real nice, makes shooting very convenient too. But that is exactly its problem. It takes the challenge out of shooting making it just too easy.
So, unless you have a very long shooting ground, to the tune of 100 m, don't buy one.

Guna
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Guna » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:17 am

Hello Aswin,

Did you find any difficulty with customs? I ordered a scope for $58 on alexpress and the customs have sent a letter to submit documents such as Arms license, Invoice, IEC etc. Luckily I have an arms license and have sent those documents.. I don't know how long I should wait or pray to God :D

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:35 pm

Guna wrote:Hello Aswin,

Did you find any difficulty with customs? I ordered a scope for $58 on alexpress and the customs have sent a letter to submit documents such as Arms license, Invoice, IEC etc. Luckily I have an arms license and have sent those documents.. I don't know how long I should wait or pray to God :D

I have two scopes. Nikon P223 3x 32 mm and Tasco 3 - 9x 40 mm. I got both from Amazon.in, as per invoice both were dispatched from US. Never faced any problem with Customs. I live in Jammu.

Regards.

ashwin1627
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashwin1627 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:32 pm

Guna wrote:Hello Aswin,

Hello Guna,

I took a chance since these items are restricted .But luckily I had no problems with customs on this parcel.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:37 am

ashwin1627 wrote:Hello Guna,

I took a chance since these items are restricted .

I don't believe Riflescopes are restricted in India. If they were restricted then it would have been very difficult to import them. And all imports would have been seized. Its just that Customs Dept do not have correct info and common people are harassed by the process.

Regards

ashwin1627
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashwin1627 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:04 am

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
ashwin1627 wrote:Hello Guna,

I took a chance since these items are restricted .

I don't believe Riflescopes are restricted in India. If they were restricted then it would have been very difficult to import them. And all imports would have been seized. Its just that Customs Dept do not have correct info and common people are harassed by the process.

Regards
Dear sumbriavikramaditya,

I actually found this from DGFT website as a downloadable PDF and it says restricted not prohibited. So as per my knowledge if the required criteria is fulfilled it can be imported not otherwise.Image

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:06 am

ashwin1627 wrote: it says restricted not prohibited. So as per my knowledge if the required criteria is fulfilled it can be imported not otherwise.

Thanks for the info. It was new thing to learn. But what is the criteria?

Regards

Anupam Goswami
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Anupam Goswami » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:52 pm

bashmys wrote:i bought a Walther LGU Master recently, looking to purchase a good quality scope for it, where can i get good ones in india.
i dont want to waste my money on fake ones flooded in the market.

Congratulations on your new rifle!

I am looking to get a Walther or Diana myself. Did you get yours from some website in India? If yes, which one was it?
Did you look at/tried some other rifles as well, and chose this one? If yes, which ones were they and what made you choose Walther LGU?
Also, would you tell us your experience with this rifle so far? Is the difference in smoothness and power as compared to an Artemis or Precihole immediately perceptible?
Also, are the spares readily available for this rifle?

I heard from a nearby dealer that under lever air rifles can be tricky to repair with regards to their breech/piston seals. Is it true?

Cheers!

bashmys
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bashmys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:10 am

hi Anupam,

Thank you, i got mine from Kiehberg.in they are really fast.i had Diana Magnum 350 too but not in India.currently i am out of India and hopefully will back during July then only i can lay my hands on her.
i have read about walther LGU its very precise being under-lever it has an advantage of perfectly aligned barrel.
spares i think are readily available.