Latest addition

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:32 am

mundaire";p="30532 wrote:
conty1";p="30531 wrote:Interesting!!!! Now how does one go about this ... do I have to inform anybody before I ship the air-gun out or anything?

Or do I just wait for the custom's to get a hold of the package and for them to contact the 'recepient'.

Thanks
Amit
By inform, I assume you mean inform some govt. agency etc. in India? There is no such requirement, you just need to figure out a reasonably priced and reliable shipping service that is willing to ship an airgun to India. AFAIK even USPS will carry them, not sure of the rates etc. though. Do keep in mind the fact that the duty (of approx. 35%) is applicable on the CIF value (cost+insurance+freight).

You will also not be able to ship pellets to India, as there is no specific notification allowing their import via post...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Actually the problem is the interpretation of the rules by the customs guys because on the face of it seems illogical that one can ship the airgun from overseas but not the pellets. May be worth investing in the new copy of the customs rule book. Comes in handy when you give a photostat copy of their own rule book pages to the dodos.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:55 pm

nice addition to your collection Amit. betcha the next purchase will be a safe.

Congrats again.

Sharief

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:07 pm

HSharief";p="30561 wrote:nice addition to your collection Amit. betcha the next purchase will be a safe.

Congrats again.

Sharief
I got one already :P I bought one from Dick's last month. Jenny put her foot down when I got the SXS, for the right reasons too!

Thanks... and yes, this little beauty shoots beautifully!! I'm loving it already :D

Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Latest addition

Post by conty1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:40 pm

Okay... I am tired of 'sampling' pellets. Anybody got any ideas on what to use for this rifle? I have tried 2 brands and they are both off target. I am not sure which ones they are because they were in a non labeled case. Left overs from the previous owner.

Any suggestion will help as I just want to know what to look for when I am at Cabela's next time. Keep in mind this rifle is rated at 1200 fps.

Thanks,
Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.