Sisco & Daws Airguns.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Sisco & Daws Airguns.

Post by snIPer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:58 am

Anyone here own a Sisco Air gun?

I have a Sisco .22 for the past 13 years now, groups well at 40+ yards with master shot round head. The trigger is good. It is a Smooth bore.

Recently got a new Cherokee spring and washer for it.

Got a dove tail on it and use a Daisy Scope.

Overall its a good weapon but a bit on the heavier side.

I shall post pictures soon.

I have used sisco air pistols too and they too were rather good and had a good grouping - picked it up for 450/- in Agra.

Any other reviews?

Can anyone also post reviews about DAWS please.

p.s. Abhijeeth I have removed the offending statement :-) thank you - by the way it was Rats that i referred to.
Last edited by snIPer on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:04 am

snIPer";p="30353 wrote:I use it for night target shooting with open sight and it fares rather well.
Lets not get carried away and make silly statements - shall we?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Sisco & Daws Airguns.

Post by Pran » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Sniper,
The Sisco pistols I've seen are really crappy. Picked one for about a thousand bucks three months ago. The muzzle velocities are in the 90-105 fps range. Pellets shot at 8-10 metres (at a wall) can be reused :lol:

btw, I thought Sisco's made in Bangalore.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:02 pm

i have a DAWS ( Made in calcutta) Airgun model 75, Should be able to provide a review over the weekend.

in one statement--don't waste your 3K on this..if you ask me

cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:35 pm

Pran, looks like stuff has gotten worse - it was good at least for plinkin when i had it.
Its made in Calcutta i guess

Ranjeet do you have a side lever or a break barrle

mannvikram
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mannvikram » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:27 pm

I have a sisco .22, nine years old, its a heavy gun no doubt about it, nothing much to write about it, except I use mine for "how to do it " experiments if you know what I mean, i.e. recently I bought a ESA airgun Its o.k. kind of gun but trigger was hard So I opened up sisco for experiment. Now my ESA is a smooth gun with nice trigger. 8)

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:11 pm

Here is my Sisco - With a Daisy scope mounted on it.

here is a a close up with the scope mounted.

It has a cherokee spring and washer. dead accurate at 30 yards - havent tried longer ranges

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:24 am

Thats a nice looking grandpa :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:54 am

:-)

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:30 am

Resurrecting this thread. A young friend of mine gave me an old, rusty air rifle yesterday which I intend to put back in working order. With much difficulty, sanding of rust and cleaning with soap and water I saw a lion logo and the name. SISCO 90 Model Target Master.

It is a 0.22 and although I was impressed by the quality of the sights and general construction, it is a smoothbore which is a bit disappointing. Never mind - I will soon know how good it is. Will post more info as I open it up and clean out its oil/tar caked insides that cause everything to move in slow motion.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:45 pm

This was easier than I thought. This "SISCO 90 Model Target Master" air rifle, despite having rusty metal surfaces was practically unused and the factory grease had turned into tar. I opened up and cleaned the rifle to an acceptable (working) level and tested it. Here is a review.

This air rifle has a horrendous orange stock and weighs over 4 kg (heavy). It is a smooothbore 0.22. The construction seems good and sturdy. The trigger is made of brass :shock: and it has a beautiful rear sight - fully adjustable and precise. It has a monster spring and a leather washer which was in good shape. The trigger unit is a separate self contained piece that comes off forst from the breech after which a single screw had to be removed to release the insanely compressed spring.

Cocking effort is ridiculously huge - combined with the fact that breaking the barrel itself (still tight) can dislocate a weak shoulder. Everything locks and unlocks with no loose parts, no rattling loose pieces. The trigger is tight and has no safety.

Accuracy can be summed up in one word. Bullshit.

This rifle appears to give good groupings at 10 meters except for one or two that go way waaay away. At 15 meters you get a "group" that is 8 inches across :roll:

But I can explain that with the most amazing photo I got. It is linked below. The image shows that the pellets are tumbling from the moment they leave the barrel. There was enough gunk left on the washer to give the pellets a light brown coating of muck and that much has left pellet shaped prints on the paper showing the exact tumbling position they hit the target. I have placed representative pellets next to the holes to illustrate the perfect match. Enjoy

I can't for the life of me understand how Indian manufacturers can palm off such crap on an unsuspecting public. There is no accountability. This rifle is junk and must never be boought by anyone who wants to shoot at any target smaller than a barn door. Unfortunately its seems that the average air rifle buyer has no clue of either what he wants or what he should be looking for. I score this rifle 2 on 10. It should really be called SISCO Target Misser, not Target Master.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Sisco claims to have made the only "double Barrel" air rifle - whatever that means - the only pic of that on FB isnt clear at all. I do hope they have stopped manufacturing it or have stepped up the quality.
/S

Sandeep Kumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sandeep Kumar » Tue May 09, 2017 6:58 am

I just buy an air rifle Daws model 35 .22 cal. From Punjab & its cost me 6000 it's looks like a good air rifle but I have an isue with its muzzle velocity when I shoot this on a wood block 1" of thickness the pellet make a small hole just 3,4mm deeper & bounce back did anyone chrono test this particular air rifle please tell me the muzzle velocity of this rifle

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu May 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Any pellet may bounce back depending on its surface and hardness.
Most of the Kolkata manufacturers try to copy old Diana 35 .
Diana 35 was famous for its accuracy rather than velocity.
Daw's is a very old manufacturer .
They are still living in 50s :cry:

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi,
Does anyone have a Sisco mod 35 airgun with them, im looking for a photo of the rear sight (the one with brass knobs). Would appreciate it if someone could please post it.
Thanks,
/S