Number of Airguns

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vpillai
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Number of Airguns

Post by vpillai » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:29 pm

Dear All, is there any number limit for Airguns (0.177), individuals can own or keep, say I can keep 100s? , also do we have to keep the bills for any reason other than warranty requirements?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Number of Airguns

Post by Vikram » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:10 am

Technically yes. You can keep .177 calibre air rifles that do not produce more power than the legal limit and hence do not require license. Re bills, I do not know but should be a good idea.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

vpillai
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vpillai » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:48 am

Thank you Vikram

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 am

I think one should keep the bills. It helps in proving that the gun is not stolen,if need arises.

vpillai
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vpillai » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:44 pm

thanks Sam Kunal, valid point, but the air rifles we buy online bills usually don't have any serial numbers printed !

also wanted to know any point of time the authorities will ask "from where you got it" and sometimes "its illegal !!" this case is the bill will save me or not ? also as i'm buying inside India (sometimes Indian made) from a shop and not from a gangster do i have to really check the power? is there any chance the power varies to a restricted limit (say a rifle with 19.5 Jules can be 20.5 ) with out doing any modification ? are we responsible in-front of law for such variations with out our knowledge or is there a tolerance point of 1-2 extra Jules :)

thanks

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:24 pm

vpillai wrote:thanks Sam Kunal, valid point, but the air rifles we buy online bills usually don't have any serial numbers printed !

also wanted to know any point of time the authorities will ask "from where you got it" and sometimes "its illegal !!" this case is the bill will save me or not ? also as i'm buying inside India (sometimes Indian made) from a shop and not from a gangster do i have to really check the power? is there any chance the power varies to a restricted limit (say a rifle with 19.5 Jules can be 20.5 ) with out doing any modification ? are we responsible in-front of law for such variations with out our knowledge or is there a tolerance point of 1-2 extra Jules :)

thanks
The limit is THE limit. There are no tolerances. Always better to chronograph the air rifle when in doubt.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."