Precihole VX 100 or Sdb artemis buying help

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Precihole VX 100 or Sdb artemis buying help

Post by vsraja » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 am

baggafx wrote:dear targetpoint
i also want to know what is diff between SX & VX 100 they both look same & same spec don't know why sx is 3000rs more costly...where is GNV sir all are commenting but he is not i think he is playing with his PX 100..if anyone hee is GNV frd ask him we need u here to clarify SX & VX diff & want some Fpe results of his NX-SX percihole bcs he have real crony..

Dear BASU
I have seen this vedio already...telling you frankly i really hate tunning. i like out of box gun as it works with its orignle parts. 10 days ago when i first time open my IHP 35.22 & replaced it spring & washer with Gsmith 35 spring-washer..the rifle is junk now in accuracy much more loud-vibrate without any increase in power..thats why i hate tunning & i want power full rifle out of box..can u tell artemis accurate or not i want 1 inch group at 20 meter & also shoot at 50-70 meters at my farm house i m a power hungry plinkler so don't need hole in hole accuracy..

& vsraja
now ur saying vx 100 is 9fpe..but in another form ur forcing someone to buy VX 100 and saying it produce 11 FPE check screen shot..im confused frd
wow, i appreciate you.You caught me red handed.Their claim of 12fpe is not real and it was known by everybody who use them.But they buy only for top notch quality and not mainly for power.Hence because of the fact that there is no other rifle with the same quality, they have to buy this even though it has less power. So if you value quality more than power, then you have to buy a precihole no matter how much power it produce. But if you value power more, then you have more options.Precihole is mainly used for target shooting because of its accuracy and reliability.The same rifle was used in the shooting clubs where the powerful guns are not allowed.The non club versions have the same parts but the spring only has more coils to produce that extra power.So we can understand precihole concentrate more on club shooting practice than hobby or hunting.I am not a dealer or a member of precihole to gain a monetary benefit by compelling others to buy their products. I am also a hobbyist like you and the data presented at that time reflects my knowledge at that time about the power.As i dont have a chrony, it was my gut instinct.But after some friends really tested the gun with chrony i came to know about the power of vx100.So its your decision to ask the precihole about their claim of 12fpe.I welcome that, even we curious to know their feedback.

I cant understand what is your confusion now.You know that vx100 produce less than 10fpe. And artemis produce atleast 13fpe.Then if you value power than quality why don't you go for Artemis.Also i once more remind you that, everybody here has a gun but only few has a chrony.I can also force yourself to buy precihole, but atlast you only should confirm those claims and take a risk of buying it for you.

Precihole power plant itself cant produce huge power like artemis just by changing spring.Also SDB is second to precihole in finishing quality but generally it is also a quality gun.So you got everything in sdb but it ranks number 2 in quality concern compared to precihole.Sdb doesnt have a trigger like precihole.But it can suit well for your need of more power.If you need power and top notch quality, then you have to buy a precihole pcp or an imported springer like 350 magnum.

Thatswhy Indians are craze of imported rifles due to the combo of power and quality especially german made guns.Its better if you use both the gun once before buying.You can visit your nearest gun store to compare both.
With regards,
vsraja

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:22 pm

targetpoint wrote:Dear Baggafx,
I am having two air rifles one is Artemis and other one Gennex but both in .177 from SDB.
Though I prefer to use Gennex because of its light weight,low cocking effort and mellow recoil.It is a perfect recipe for any accurate gun and all is present in Gennex.But now from two days it is taking rest because I have to change its mainspring.You asked about its accuracy so I can tell you it is as accurate as the shooter.
I made a video of hitting matchstick stick with this little airrifle at 18m.For paper target and plinking within 30m it is best.
Now for Artemis,as I have said above that my Gennex is in rest I picked up my Artemis today after many months.You know what is habit formation and because I picked up my Artemis after many months it took about 20-25 pellets to behave normally.Actually I had to rediscover the holding posture I mean in which hold it shoots accurately.After getting its sweet hold position I did a paper target grouping at 18m.I am posting the photo of it.From this you will get your answer wether it is accurate or not.Many months ago I made a video with my Artemis too of hitting matchstick with Artemis at 18m.
Lastly I can say with lot of practice,good quality pellets and proper mental and physical status anyone can get hole in hole or less than half inch group at the distance one is habituated to shoot with Gennex and Artemis.

Added in 10 minutes 17 seconds:
The coin in the photo I used to cover the grouping is smallest new Re1 coin.And if you want to see the video of hitting matchstick at 18m with Artemis and Gennex then PM me your whatsapp number as I don't know how to post it here.Respected Basu Sir and Sam47 had already enjoyed the video.
Rest is your decision.
Thanks.
Shoot Less But Shoot Class.
Dear Target point,

It is not only the machine but the man behind the machine plays the winning game.
Wonderful performance with ordinary pellets.
This is not so easy to perform with a gun after 2-3 months of non use.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:43 pm

i always like percihole but all of are saying it produce only 9 fpe..i think only artemis can full my power hunger...
Last edited by baggafx on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Dear Basu Sir,
Thanks for your appreciation.Actually every springer has a sweet holding site and the shooter has to find out that sweet point that's all.Then with practice of placing hand at that particular point with each shot makes group smaller.
To be true after day's work on returning home I always prefer to use my Gennex.
Thanks.

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Basu wrote:
Basu
hmm i think only artemis can full my power hunger..does artemis produce 13 fpe only for new rifle for 100shots or continous for 1000-2000 shots..bcs all new rifle diesel for 50-100 shots..also tell me where to buy artemis i m from bathinda punjab gun dealers dont sell SDB here..

One more thing i did to help all IFG members...i ordered a scope 3-9x40 scope with Single pc mount from ali express only to see what will indian customs do..see pic :twisted: ..and it will pass thru ur home town kolkata Basu Dada. i know u also ordered a scope sometime ago & it stuck in customs can u plz tell me what did happen after then
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 am

Dear Bagga,
If not mount but scope will surely be confiscated at Kolkata customs.
If it would come through other port of customs , there might be some possibilities left.
I do not know as to how to release it.
I have no reliable data to share in respect of power graph of Artemis.
Say after 1000,2000,3000,4000,5000 shots.
In general two references are taken......
Out of the box
After tuning
To the best of my knowledge on both counts Artemis stands out as on date.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:18 am

There is more possibility that you will receive a letter from customs to submit necessary licence documents to clear the package. It will also be mentioned that if you fail to send those documents you will attract legal actions.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
With regards,
vsraja

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 am

Dear Baggafx,
Artemis will deliver 13fpe out of box for about 1500 to 2000 shots depending upon the mainspring.The time I bought my Artemis it lost its power after 2000 shots because the stock spring was not proper for its job.I don't know about the present status of stock spring.But after installing after market spring like Cherokee or gsmith you will again get above 14fpe.
But keep in mind that as it is low weight gun anything above 13fpe will make it holdsensitive.So try to keep it at 13 to 13.5 for easy shooting.Regarding diseling it will diesel for 10 to 20 pellets max not more than that.
Thanks.

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:50 pm

targetpoint wrote:Dear Baggafx,
Artemis will deliver 13fpe out of box for about 1500 to 2000 shots depending upon the mainspring

hmm i like percihole quality but they break my heart for cheating in power.. i think only artemis can full my power hunger...where to buy artemis i m from bathinda punjab gun dealers dont sell SDB here..for scope lets see if anything happen wrong then all of u ready for help me... & BASU-TARGET POINT-VSRAJA i have something if any of u ever need it for ur rifle just msg me i have imported something recently & i will courier some part of it for u free frds.. :cheers: see pic
https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... =2&t=26034
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Dear baggafx,
I bought my Artemis from Great Eastern firearms located in Kolkata lalbazaar.
Personally I prefer to check myself the object for which I am paying for.After looking and testing it properly by shooting few pellets then and there and after full satisfaction I pay for it.It is my personal habit.But since you said it is not available in shops nearby you will have to go for online shopping.Two online site I can suggest you is aimco(aimco enterprise situated in Kolkata) and kovibazaar.They both are trustworthy.
I am providing you the phone no of owner of Great Eastern firearms.
Mr Sanjit Biswas.
Thanks.

Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Bullo oka » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Why isn't no one suggesting him for the SDB Magnum.
Its newer & maybe improved in every aspect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
You own Gun
That doesn't mean you have to use it.
Maybe :stupid: Think Bright.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Dear baggafx, SDB magnum is also a good option.Also looks better than Artemis.
With regards,
vsraja

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:16 pm

vsraja wrote:Dear baggafx, SDB magnum is also a good option.Also looks better than Artemis.
Can anyone tell me how much IHP 35 .177 have fps- fpe out of box...i have it for 4 year but i sold it to buy vx 100 or artemis..i have never check it on any crony..i read somewhere it have 6 fpe or 8 fpe...it is same as vx-sx 100 or less in power...any body have crony Ihp 35 .177 tell me

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:52 pm

I own a precihole and have posted several videos on YouTube. Here's my channel, do check it out, it'll give you an idea about power.

Now, coming to the topic, apart from chrono, there's another way you can measure pellet velocity. By using a good quality sound recorder, shooting from 10m and measuring the velocity using simple distance by time. A sound recorder coupled with Audacity can give you the time taken between firing sound and target hitting sound.

I have used this method to test my rifle many times. The muzzle energy had always been around 9 only. With pellet velocity below 600m/s. Not the 800 that the company claims.

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Basu wrote:Dear Bagga,

Basu
i read somewhere SDB artemis .177 barrel dont accept all brand pellets forien pellets & gmith high impact are very tight bcs sdb have small bore then percihole..my percihole sp 60 .177 accept all indian pellets & gsmith , jsb , rws superdomes smoothly...tell me its correct or not

Added in 26 minutes 50 seconds:
targetpoint wrote:Dear baggafx,
today i call kovi bazar to buy walnut color artemis..they send me pics of the rifle & price is 10300rs..everything is ok but the trigger is black..can anyone tell me its a old piece or new one..bcs i think new one comes with golden trigger & also front sight is totally diff. see pics