Oil for leather piston seal help

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Oil for leather piston seal help

Post by baggafx » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi i m bagga from punjab
Today i m going to upgrade my IHP .22 with gsmith piston seal & model 35 spring. but i dont know in which oil i have to soak the g smith leather seal before install for less diselieng or detonation.. i can't find silicone chamber oil in india but there any many other silicone oil dont know which to use..& also tell me which oil to put in chamber after 500-1000 shots in my ihp rifles & percihole my ihps have leather seal...i also have percihole moly grease..

For Advertising mail webmaster
maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Oil for leather piston seal help

Post by maanbirsingh » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi Bagga,
Best to ask a gun smith on what oil to use for the leather seal..I’m not an expert, but the Ballistol oil at Kiehberg or one of the other stores should be good for protecting and caring for the leather seals.
For Precihole, I suggest you call their customer service directly and they will be able to tell you what you need for maintaining of your air rifle.

Regards,
Maanbir

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi BaggaFx,

Presently I am using the non corrosive oil available at the local gun store. You might also find similar product available online.

Regards
dh[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201806 ... cfcf4d.jpg[/img][img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201806 ... 1fab03.jpg[/img]

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Silicone oil can be used for leather washers.
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.