SDB Air rifle & Pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

SDB Air rifle & Pistol

Post by Bullo oka » Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm

This is for Owners of SDB Air Rifles & Pistols

You may post your experiences .

Problems with Rifles & Pistols.

Mainatainence of Rifles & Pistols.

Correction of Rifles & Pistols.

And many more related to SDB Air Rifles & Pistols

By RAVINDRAREDYM (I edited the IHP to SDB)

This may be redundant post, but didn't find any for Sdb (there is one for IHP)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Bullo oka on Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You own Gun
That doesn't mean you have to use it.
Maybe :stupid: Think Bright.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: SDB Air rifle & Pistol

Post by Bullo oka » Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Guys, some days ago I was asking for the Sdb 300 under lever used price.
One of my friend bought it, we changed the spring and washer but the rifle is spreading pellets all around the places.
Can any one suggest what shoud we do, or did anyone experienced the situation.
We are using master shot super pointed .22

***and how do you people delete the post you created, I'm using tapatalk and can't find the option for that.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
You own Gun

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri May 25, 2018 7:07 pm

There maybe many reasons for your gun to be inaccurate.Some of the remedies to make it accurate is,
1)Try united shot Power ranger round head pellet.
2)check whether your front sight or rear sight has any movement.The front sight of precihole fixed on the adapter should be checked.Also better to use precihole normal front sight.
3)Load the pellet properly each time consistently
4)If the gun gives huge vibration when shooting, reduce some coils of spring.Use some grease on the spring to reduce the twang.
5)If trigger is very tight, then try some polishing on the sear of both trigger and piston rod.
With regards,
vsraja

Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Bullo oka » Fri May 25, 2018 8:06 pm

vsraja wrote:There maybe many reasons for your gun to be inaccurate.Some of the remedies to make it accurate is,
1)Try united shot Power ranger round head pellet.
2)check whether your front sight or rear sight has any movement.The front sight of precihole fixed on the adapter should be checked.Also better to use precihole normal front sight.
3)Load the pellet properly each time consistently
4)If the gun gives huge vibration when shooting, reduce some coils of spring.Use some grease on the spring to reduce the twang.
5)If trigger is very tight, then try some polishing on the sear of both trigger and piston rod.
1.I will try to find the pellet you mentioned.
2.Yes, rear sight has movement.
3. "Load the pellet properly each time consistently" can you explain.
4. We recently changed the spring to cherokee 35. Because the gunsmith told us that spring is too lose, thats why when using double head it always stuck half at barrel and half at rotating pallet loding area.
5. You mean sanding with sandpaper?

You own Gun

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Sat May 26, 2018 12:27 am

Dear Bullo oka,
All the tips mentioned by vsraja should be followed.Point of loading the pellet consistently is applicable in all cases.This means we should load the pellet each time at the same depth.
In addition to above I wish to state that when I used Tommy under lever few years ago I also get frustrated in same manner.One of few pellets now and then used to got stuck in either tap loader itself or in barrel.Then I understood the cause that there is no precision in this type of guns which are made in India.As these are copied by wonderful mechanics not by engineers.
In tap loaders the bore of tap where we load pellets should align perfectly with the bore of barrel but due to fault in manufacture,high tolerance and cheap quality machines the perfection goes out of window.
I am not demoralizing you dear but just stating my experience with underlevers of Kolkata made guns.
Thanks.
Shoot less but shoot class.

Added in 6 minutes 54 seconds:
How can anyone get accuracy if the pellet is getting deformed when it is passing through the bore of tap loader and entering the bore of barrel.
Just think.

Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Bullo oka » Sat May 26, 2018 12:34 am

targetpoint wrote:Dear Bullo oka,
All the tips mentioned by vsraja should be followed.Point of loading the pellet consistently is applicable in all cases.This means we should load the pellet each time at the same depth.
In addition to above I wish to state that when I used Tommy under lever few years ago I also get frustrated in same manner.One of few pellets now and then used to got stuck in either tap loader itself or in barrel.Then I understood the cause that there is no precision in this type of guns which are made in India.As these are copied by wonderful mechanics not by engineers.
In tap loaders the bore of tap where we load pellets should align perfectly with the bore of barrel but due to fault in manufacture,high tolerance and cheap quality machines the perfection goes out of window.
I am not demoralizing you dear but just stating my experience with underlevers of Kolkata made guns.
Thanks.

How can anyone get accuracy if the pellet is getting deformed when it is passing through the bore of tap loader and entering the bore of barrel.
Just think.
Now thats making sense to me... I'm sorry all this thing are bit difficult to understand for me.
So, this under barrel has no chance to restore the accuracy.
The pellet that was jamming is International tipped double head & the one thats working without jam was United shot super pointed.
Didnt tested the double head after spring change.

You own Gun

Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Bullo oka » Sat May 26, 2018 1:03 pm

targetpoint wrote:Dear Bullo oka,
Thanks.

Just think.
For the info.
Today tested the loads of double head pellets, which used to stuck previously isnt stucking anymore (maybe that was because of new spring)
Accuracy is still isnt good, will try to polish the above mentioned part.
Btw can you Lads guide us In how and which to use as spring guide. And how can it improve shooting experience?

You own Gun

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat May 26, 2018 5:14 pm

The reason why our Indian plinkers stuck with break barrel is that we don't have any other good alternative designs.One of my friend owns an AK550 Under Lever air rifle which works fine.Hence i won't say that this tap loading design itself a failure, but needed a good craftmanship with precision.Avoid other pellets in united shot except the dyna pointed and power ranger round head.After loading and turning the port, recheck whether the pellet is deformed and try to push the pellet further inside to avoid this.Also check the muzzle end of the barrel for any defects.It may also affects the accuracy.Also don't expect pellet on pellet accuracy even at 10yards, these guns and pellets are not made for that.Also artillery hold and consistent hold also helps to get best accuracy it can give.Use some lubrication in breach area and also lubricate your pellets before loading. The best thing to do is to visit an expert in air rifles with your rifle, because you have to visit a doctor if over the counter medicines doesn't work.Be happy because you haven't bought a tommy air rifle.
With regards,
vsraja

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Sat May 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Dear Bullo oka,
Never ever try to polish the tap loader parts because it is already having high tolerance and on polishing it will increase more leading to more play of parts.
Regarding spring guide I always get it made in my friends lathe according to the inner diameter of spring which I generally use.A good spring guide reduces unwanted vibration of mainspring,increase life of mainspring,soothens the shot cycle and decrease the noise of spring.
A good spring guide should have nice fit to spring neither to tight nor to loose.
Thanks.