AirGun Pistol--Queries(BASICS)

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
laku234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

AirGun Pistol--Queries(BASICS)

Post by laku234 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:03 pm

Hi guys
i have some VERY Basic queries hope i get it cleared...

a) I dont know anything about airguns :oops: ...is there any good websites shedding light on basic knowledge about Airgun Pistols..

b)me wanna start this plinking(hope its the correct word for fun shootin in cans) as a hobby....i want to use a handy pistol like airgun rather than going for traditional rifle lik thing.

c) Beretta,CROSMAN 1377C,Walther CP99 Black,weihrauch hw 40 pca,Weihrauch HW45 Air Pistol---were some of the models i had gone through...i dunno which ones r better...plss shed some insight on these models..and which ones would a novice prefer?? :?

Can u suggest some good pistol type airgun models ard 100- 150$ range
which might be good for a Beginner?

Hope the moderators start a thread dealing on basics of each gun model(airgun pistol,rifle,,,handguns etc) and put the thread at TOP!!!

Thanx in advance for the replies and suggestions...

And one more thing me living in INDIA
can u suggest shops where we can buy the suggested pistol type airgun ??
preferably south india--chennai,bangalore or Delhi
Last edited by laku234 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: AirGun Pistol--Queries(BASICS)

Post by Risala » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Laku,

What is a airgun pistol :?:

Please introduce yourself,you will get a better response to your query.

Welcome aboard.

Sanjay

laku234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by laku234 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:57 pm

sorry i dunno the exact technical word but i meant airguns like the walther cp99 rather than the long rifle like things

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:16 pm

Laku,

Please take the time to read the detailed forum rules here - http://indiansforguns.com/app.php/page/rules

While registering on the forum you would have HAD TO check a little box saying that you have READ & UNDERSTOOD these and AGREE to abide by these rules. Allow me to specifically point you to -

Rule No. 5 (f)
Support is offered only via these forums. Do not contact team members privately (via any method) to ask for support. Users found to be contacting team members asking for support will be warned.

AND Rule No. 5 (g)
Before posting a question users are asked to try and find information themselves. This includes reading relevant documentation for example the Arms Act and Arms Rules, the Knowledge Base (coming soon) and using Search. Users who persistently ask questions without showing any desire to help themselves should expect to receive at best a delayed response and at worst no response at all.

Please DO NOT resort to spamming members/ moderators via PM to have your queries answered! Post your query and then wait... meanwhile do take the time to search the forums to see if someone has asked the same question(s) earlier.

Needless to say, these rules apply to one and all... Hope this clears up things a bit...

Welcome to IFG and hope you have a pleasant stay here :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

laku234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by laku234 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:59 pm

Sorry ...i shud hav read the rulesproperly...

anyway its a gr8 site...and me diggin up the info needed from all the posts....whew....

Thanx for pointin out my mistake....

ianbom
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ianbom » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi,

I have got in touch with some of the moderators of this forum on WALTHER CP88 CO2 Air Pistol.

I also referred to the list of arms dealers of Mumbai on this forum and checked with them on the avalibility of the same.

They are ready to get one of those CP88's, maybe in a couple of hours if required but price is quite high and secondly no papers will be given. One of thoe most reputed dealers suggested that it would be better to get a Certificate from the Police Arms division - Sounds ironical as to how to approach the Commissioners office w/o any papers (This pistol resembles the Original P88 of Walther).

Its a known fact that many a folk are getting the same from Dubai and selling it here to earn some profits. How come Customs allow this item to be taken out. I have read in some of those posts here that how some of you had a tough time running around to clear your guns from the Customs with Police clearence.

Moderators and experts - My query is .....

1) Is a 0.177 (4.5mm) air pistol (of foreign origin) a panicky gadget even if one wants to practice with it in his own private zone.
2) Are Air Pistols of 0.177 (I mean imported ones) supposed to be kept with some sort of papers / police certificate. If YES then is it a dangerous gadget. I don't want to use the term weapon as Sir Mack The Knife might get a little upset :roll: .

I was suggested by one of the moderators that this gadget will prove to be expensive. But where there is quality, price will not be a issue.

Moderators / experts - Please guide me on the legal aspects of this pistol and its correct use.

Thanks & Regards

Ian.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Naw its not a panicky item as long as you are sensible.
Carry it in a case while traveling to the range. Air pistols don't require a license anyway and so no problems there.
While the CP88 is a good replica the bore is a dead give away and for further proof just show the 8 round magazine and how it fits.

There is no way it can be mistaken for a real gun once this is shown. Of course if you wear it on shoulder holster etc and show it around then expect to be checked thoroughly and getting into trouble.

So with a little commonsense you should be okay. Next bit of commonsense is not to pay black market prices and import one for yourself. ;-)

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

ianbom
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ianbom » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:55 pm

dev";p="30137 wrote:Naw its not a panicky item as long as you are sensible.
Carry it in a case while traveling to the range. Air pistols don't require a license anyway and so no problems there.
While the CP88 is a good replica the bore is a dead give away and for further proof just show the 8 round magazine and how it fits.

There is no way it can be mistaken for a real gun once this is shown. Of course if you wear it on shoulder holster etc and show it around then expect to be checked thoroughly and getting into trouble.

So with a little commonsense you should be okay. Next bit of commonsense is not to pay black market prices and import one for yourself. ;-)

Dev
Thanks Sir Dev,

Would appreciate if you could guide me on the import part.

My Brother-In-Law is in Dubai he can bring it next time.

What preparations do I have to do over here. Do I have to join some range / clubs compulsorily.

Please note that I do target practice at home only. Due to time constraint I cannot go to any club / range.

Please suggest accordingly.

Regards

Ian.

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:29 am

hi Ianbom

pls post if your brother-in-law could get it in through baggage. me also planning for the same.

Regards
TT

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:36 am

before u place the order just check within your city armourers whether they store co2 capsules regularly and the cost for each :wink: ,since i found it was too hard to procure these capsules in maharashtra.
regards sanjiv

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:21 am

The import part has been covered several times in great detail. So just go through it and best of luck. I would suggest that you spend money on a pistol like the IZH Bikal 46 m as it is a self contained pcp.

You might just love shooting ten meter with it or get a scope mount for it and enjoy shooting cans at long distances with it.

Its a little more than the Cp 88 about $300 but you will shoot it more often. I really miss mine.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:47 pm

A single co2 capsule manufactured by walther would cost upto Rs 250/- . It will give u upto 80 shots .... pellets costs upto Rs 250 for a pack of 200 (H&N 0.177 cal ) ....these are some of the rates i got from a dealer in mumbai.... As Sanjiv mentioned, they may not be available all the time.....

regards

Parag

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:13 pm

I just picked up a used CP88 here in Mumbai; pretty expensive but fun. I plan to use it for a short while and then sell it off.

Sorry for being a pain guys but I did search the import of airgun threads. Most of the important posts run to about 18 odd pages. The KB articles do not cover import of air pistols.

Please please please, Can someone summarize here. Is it legal to bring back an air (CO2) replica pistol from a holiday as part of their personal baggage?

What are the duty charges/rates?

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:36 pm

amk";p="33931 wrote:I just picked up a used CP88 here in Mumbai; pretty expensive but fun. I plan to use it for a short while and then sell it off.

Sorry for being a pain guys but I did search the import of airgun threads. Most of the important posts run to about 18 odd pages. The KB articles do not cover import of air pistols.

Please please please, Can someone summarize here. Is it legal to bring back an air (CO2) replica pistol from a holiday as part of their personal baggage?

What are the duty charges/rates?
Mate you can carry back an air pistol LEGALLY but make sure to inform your airline before hand. Make sure you have a bill for it, if possible try not to carry it in a manner that could be dangerous. Get a proper airline approved case for it. and i as far as i know you might not be allowed to carry co2 capsules with you in the flight so better have some alternatives back here.

The duty you shall be asked for is 35% and to make things a lot smoother try getting membership of a shooting club.

Or simpler try reading the related post in the Air gun section. its by the name of " Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route" because what i just wrote, is all what i read there

read it, it certainly would help :)

Cheers
Sid