Help regarding selection of Guns

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
kafka
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Help regarding selection of Guns

Post by kafka » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi Folks,
I am planning to purchase an air rifle and have gone through this forum and other websites reading the reviews and suggestions and have finally bottled down my selection to these rifles below:
1. Precihole NX100 Polaris (Approx. 11000 INR)
2. Precihole VX100 Spartan (Approx. 7000 INR)
I am well aware that the prime difference between the above two rifles is that firing mechanism, one utilizes power stored in deformed spring and the other uses compressed Nitrogen to push the piston ram, also I am aware that Nitro Rams tend to last longer than springer and have less recoil which effects accuracy and the specification provided by Precihole both Rifles have 16J energy and 800fps velocity and similar accuracy.
All above factors and research are statistical based and an experience based decision is needed to concur whatever selection of rifles that I made and in this regard please clarify the following:
1. Any other air rifle within the similar price range and is better.
2. Is it worth paying 4000 more for NX 100.
3. Any other suggestions.
NB: both muzzle velocity and accuracy.
2. This is the first time i am looking for air rifle so all my research is very novice.

Thanks in advance

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Help regarding selection of Guns

Post by Bullo oka » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:43 am

kafka wrote:Hi Folks,
I am planning to purchase an air rifle and have gone through this forum and other websites reading the reviews and suggestions and have finally bottled down my selection to these rifles below:
I am well aware that the prime difference between the above two rifles is that firing mechanism, one utilizes power stored in deformed spring and the other uses compressed Nitrogen to push the piston ram, also I am aware that Nitro Rams tend to last longer than springer and have less recoil which effects accuracy and the specification provided by Precihole both Rifles have 16J energy and 800fps velocity and similar accuracy.
All above factors and research are statistical based and an experience based decision is needed to concur whatever selection of rifles that I made and in this regard please clarify the following:
2. This is the first time i am looking for air rifle so all my research is very novice.

Thanks in advance
ARMAR MOD 16 higher fps (I think its 999)
Its a springer, quality vise (no idea) I have nx100 and dunno about ARMAR. Price similar to Nx 100, depends on what you choose, with or without upgrade add-on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:20 pm

There are plethora of information available on this forum.
Read them & take decision.
Better contact manufacturer to verify the price.
Some shop keepers do looting in day light very gently.
They have tendency to sell inferior guns at highest price & convince the customer saying that other brands have no demand or company got closed.
Mind it that every gun has it's own pros & cons.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

JEYAM N RAMESH
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by JEYAM N RAMESH » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:50 pm

Indian best overunder 30 inch barrel field model details forme

sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathvik » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:09 pm

Thanks in advance
Dear sir . I'm not sure for what reason you are purchasing the rifle. If you are going to use it for recreational purposes then buy a cheap one else ,
I personally prefer a PCP RIFLE since precihole is making one with excellent quality . It might be quite a heavy investment but I assure you the quality and accuracy.

If budget is a main concern then go for NX model. It's better than the spring mechanism .
As one of our forum member said please be double sure about the prices.
I have seen precihole selling for 22 to 25 thousands .
Regards
SATHVIK

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Added in 3 minutes 54 seconds:
Bullo oka wrote:

Thanks in advance
Its a springer, quality vise (no idea) I have nx100 and dunno about ARMAR. Price similar to Nx 100, depends on what you choose, with or without upgrade add-on.

Dear sir ,
Armar rifles are not reliable as they automatically fire the pellet while you try to close the chamber . I have seen 3 rifle which came for servicing in the shop . We tried to resolve the issue by realigning the notch of trigger and release mechanism but failed miserably.
Regards
SATHVIK

sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathvik » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Bullo oka wrote:

Thanks in advance

Dear sir ,
Armar rifles are not reliable as they automatically fire the pellet while you try to close the chamber . I have seen 3 rifle which came for servicing in the shop . We tried to resolve the issue by realigning the notch of trigger and release mechanism but failed miserably.
Regards
SATHVIK

Added in 1 minute 28 seconds:
JEYAM N RAMESH wrote:Indian best overunder 30 inch barrel field model details forme
Modern gun works
Stallion by Bhargav arms are the best I own a 91 model over under with both choke barrels .

sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathvik » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:10 pm

JEYAM N RAMESH wrote:Indian best overunder 30 inch barrel field model details forme
Modern gun works
Stallion by Bhargav arms are the best I own a 91 model over under with both choke barrels .

guru050
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by guru050 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanks in advance
Hi kafka,
SDB Artemis Air Rifle is another best option. it is accurate, powerful and beautiful. Also as mentioned by other members directly purchase from manufacturers.