CAN-ON : The Kolkata made AR

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

CAN-ON : The Kolkata made AR

Post by Gunner_dh » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:09 pm

Hi All,

For past one and half year I have been searching internet resources for details /specification /models for one of the lesser known AR's, CAN-ON. However could not find any except one reference on IFG where the forum members had shown inclination towards the better performance of Canon(another brand).
1524326961267-694191442.jpg
Finally I actioned my thought of posting the pics of my Can-on Family. :lol:
15243271760311135011666.jpg
1524327442433453824834.jpg
1524328194676-1351317227.jpg
No specific tests have been performed on these beauties however the Model 35 is my old and mostly used AR for which peep hole sight has been added post purchase. Also the spring has been replaced, scope rail & cocking aid added from the manufacturer later.

Regards
dh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: CAN-ON : The Kolkata made AR

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:51 am

what about the suppressor. I can see it in one AR. Where do you get it.
Regards

Shivaji

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:55 am

Currently SDB is better than these companies. Latest models of SDB or precihole or aarmr maybe the best option. They have better adjustible trigger and good quality of materials used.better you buy from those companies mentioned above to avoid future malfunctions
With regards,
vsraja

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:31 am

Dear dh,
I hope you purchased having known that this is Can-On not the famous Cannon made by Olympic Sport.
If that be so , I have no issues , if not, then you got yourself fooled.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Basu da,

I knew from the beginning both Canon & Can-on are different. But trust me in the budget category AR's Can-on is best.
Agreed in some models SDB has a better performing trigger.
Have checked multiple brands available in Kolkata with the dealers. Except GD I have checked most of them.
None command the price they ask for (exception SDB multiple models).

Also would take this opportunity to ask the forum members based in Kolkata to meet some day for checking over the accuracy of the 35 and share your valuable insights.

Hope we could come out of our traditional talk of SDB & Perci. No offence, they are good guns I do have SDB and love the same.
But unless the budget category AR's are promoted we should not expect to increase the count gun patrons in India.

Presently it suits my needs being a plinker.[emoji4]

Regards
dh

Added in 14 minutes 6 seconds:
Hi VS,

Here the comparison should be constrained by budget of the AR as well.

No offence, but most of the non Kolkata based gun enthusiast will not know the multiple brands available in AR hence would not know their performance /accuracy as well. Most of the dealers procure their goods from Kolkata hence raise the price of the Ar not par with the quality.
Hence you might compare their performance which would be incorrect assumption.
Please consider this - In Kolkata You might be able to procure 3 - 4 different ARs at the price of Artemis (considering mix bag).

Please do not consider this as brick batting but post reading through multiple post in the forum I found the comparisons made are not realistic.

Regards
dh

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi VS,

Here the comparison should be constrained by budget of the AR as well.

No offence, but most of the non Kolkata based gun enthusiast will not know the multiple brands available in AR hence would not know their performance /accuracy as well. Most of the dealers procure their goods from Kolkata hence raise the price of the Ar not par with the quality.
Hence you might compare their performance which would be incorrect assumption.
Please consider this - In Kolkata You might be able to procure 3 - 4 different ARs at the price of Artemis (considering mix bag).

Please do not consider this as brick batting but post reading through multiple post in the forum I found the comparisons made are not realistic.

Regards
dh

Added in 12 minutes 18 seconds:
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:what about the suppressor. I can see it in one AR. Where do you get it.
Shivaji, I would not term it as suppressor[emoji4] but a cocking aid I got it from the company itself on request through the Dealer. Since I visit Gr. Eastern on almost regular basis they take care of all my minor needs in regards to Ar.
Hence u might not find it available with the dealer but he can arrange it.

Regards
dh

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:what about the suppressor. I can see it in one AR. Where do you get it.
Shivaji, I would not term it as suppressor[emoji4] but a cocking aid I got it from the company itself on request through the Dealer. Since I visit Gr. Eastern on almost regular basis they take care of all my minor needs in regards to Ar.
Hence u might not find it available with the dealer but he can arrange it(Model 35)

For Model 23 I have just added PVC for ease of using. :P

Regards
dh

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:09 pm

got it
Regards

Shivaji

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Tue May 01, 2018 9:47 am

Can-on AR'S looking beautiful,if they are hitting effectively till 35-40 meters then they will find their own market and people who like them. :skeet:

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 pm

As a matter of fact it does have huge turnover as almost on every alternate visit I find some or the other outstation retailer procuring them from the dealer.

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Gunner_dh wrote:Hi All,

For past one and half year I have been searching internet resources for details /specification /models for one of the lesser known AR's, CAN-ON. However could not find any except one reference on IFG where the forum members had shown inclination towards the better performance of Canon(another brand).1524326961267-694191442.jpg
Finally I actioned my thought of posting the pics of my Can-on Family. :lol:

15243271760311135011666.jpg
1524327442433453824834.jpg
1524328194676-1351317227.jpg

No specific tests have been performed on these beauties however the Model 35 is my old and mostly used AR for which peep hole sight has been added post purchase. Also the spring has been replaced, scope rail & cocking aid added from the manufacturer later.

Regards
dh
Hi Gunner_dh, The lone reference to Can-On you found on IFG would most likely have been from me.....as I have a Mod 35 (in the other cal).

I agree with you....as a low budget plinker, Can-On has decent quality...and quiet a good range of products. Shoots pretty good! A worthwhile add-on to your collection.
It came with a very stiff spring, leather seal and a tiny stroke (a mere ~72mm)...which I have managed to long stroke to 85( called for a lot of work on the piston, the cocking slot, the base block and also some facing of the cylinder bottom) replaced with a synthetic seal, installed a softer rate spring....and surprisingly, the gun shoots very-very smooth and accurate!
Quality and steel tamper of the trigger is something they must improve upon immediately if they are serious about being in good business!

Cheers!
Prashant

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Thu May 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi Prashant,

Good to find somebody who shot the same AR which seems to unknown from brand wars.
Even though people know the pathetic ESA for which the trigger has to hammered for a shot[emoji4] .

Just a FYI I never opened my 35 AR however had once sent the AR to the company for seal replacement & adding scope rail. They additionally changed the spring as it was distrauted. Post which the gun has become extra smooth and trigger is [emoji106] light enough to be shot by a kid.

Add Info: I was not even charged for the spring as the dealer was very upset over the issue. (Thnx Can-on)

Regards
dh

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:54 pm

That's pretty good customer service!! Really Good to know!

Have a request though: Where to procure a scope rail (and that neat looking peep sight mounted on your Can-On in the photo) for my Can-on please??
Is there one you would know of who can ship it out of Kolkata?? Will greatly appreciate any help or guidance please.
Regards,
Prashant

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Thu May 03, 2018 1:59 pm

You can ask Gr.Eastern I had serviced my AR via them only.
But you might face challenge in fixing the scope rail (I don't like the idea of fixing it with adhesive)
Peepsight is also available with them at nominal cost.

Regards
dh

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Thu May 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Just an add on suggestion instead of multiple modification you can also opt for their beautiful 95 model at nominal cost however the scope rail has to added which can be done from the factory if told prehand.

Regards
dh