Legal Shooting ?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
jrkraj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Legal Shooting ?

Post by jrkraj » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi Friends,

I known that we can shoot Rats & Crow Legally In India , Is there any other Animals which we can Shoot ? Just an Query i am not gonna shooting any kind of Living Thing :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Legal Shooting ?

Post by mundaire » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:28 pm

No.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:48 pm

mundaire wrote:No.

Mr. Abhijeet, I believe that some States like, J&K issue licenses for Crop Protection. Is it true?

Regards

vast
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vast » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:39 pm

In india you cant shoot even to worms,ants etc
But I think u can shoot fish, housefly and mosquitoes

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:27 am

It depends. If you have an agriculture land near a forest area and some sort of animals/birds/vermin's are destroying your crop then you may have permission to shot in order to protect your Crop ( basic Idea is not to kill but to drive them away with gun shot). Its not a normal process but generally followed at some places, at least that's what I observe.
The Sequence is as follows. For Example you have a farm land and some creatures (e.g-- Wild Boars, Monkeys, rabbits, porcupine,Elephants, Indian Black Bear, different sort of birds, Bats,rats, squirrels etc) are destroying yours crops. You need to Write an application to local mukhiya and a copy to forest Dept. for eradication of the problem or the compensation for the loss. At least for Elephants the compensation is given very often In Jharkhand and orissa area. if no action is taken then second copy will be marked to Mukhiya, Forest dept and BDO. If you can Prove your Point then either your Problem will be taken care of by Govt. or you will Get some money or if you have a gun then you will get a permission to shot. no permission is required for the Bats, Rats and probably squirrels. for rest its required.
Regards

Shivaji

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote: if you have a gun then you will get a permission to shoot. no permission is required for the Bats, Rats and probably squirrels. for rest its required.

I think a lot more explanation is required on the first part and I think the second part is not correct about bats and squirrels. Both are protected species as far as I know.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:13 am

Common Fruit Bats or the Evening Bats are not Protected Species that's for Sure, at least Not in Jharkhand and Orissa area. For squirrels, no details are available for grey/black three striped squirrels. Only giant squirrels are mentioned as protected. As the grey/black three striped squirrels or the Indian Palm squirrels comes under rodent class so the confusion is exists.
Regards

Shivaji

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:34 am

I had long time query on the same lines.
I believe mole's are considered to be vermin too. Hence there should be no issues with them, If any members do enlighten.

Regards
dh

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:05 am

OMG.
Mole's are mammals that's what I know. never had a prob. with them so never checked. really need to check its protected or not. Good query.
Regards

Shivaji

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:26 am

@Vikram - the common fruit bat falls into schedule V of the WPA and can be shot although for the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would want to shoot such a creature which is so important to our ecology. Also fail to understand the rationale in classifying them as a schedule V species.
As Shivaji Dasgupta pointed out there's no clarity for the common squirrel although it is a rodent. But since it is not mentioned under Schedule V I guess it cant be harmed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Actually common fruit bats and squirrels are harmful for fruit gardens. They have hardly any role in field crops. In one go these small things can destroy a good lot of fruits and more over while eating due fighting for the place among them they also destroys the buds and smaller fruit pods which will grow in coming time. apart from this Bat meet is considered as a delicacy for some people and same is for squirrels.
Bats start flying out from hills and jungles @ evening, may be lakhs in numbers and their easy target is near by farms or localities.
Regards

Shivaji

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:14 am

Bat is carrier of rabies also. Please do refrain from eating.

Regards
dh

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:34 pm

I never. :D :D :D :D :D
Regards

Shivaji

jrkraj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jrkraj » Tue May 22, 2018 1:45 pm

fruit bats are Spreading "Nipuh Virus" 10 People is already Killed in Kerala and It has no cure , Govt Should allow us to shoot his Bats in Public Places too.