Choosing a first low budget Indian air rifle.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Choosing a first low budget Indian air rifle.

Post by Sombit » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:27 am

It wasn't long when i first came across this forum. I was looking for a low budget (<10k) air rifle. With all my search, what i understood was that there are 3 leading Indian airgun makers.. precihole, SDB and Aarmr
I was really frustrated to see that there aren't any proper reviews anywhere on YouTube. As it is the rifle enthusiasts have now become a small community. Without proper guidance it will be more difficult for new enthusiasts to take up interest.

Now i own a precihole vx 100. I am uploading unboxing and accuracy videos to YouTube as much as possible.
Here is the link.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbci0v ... HQKR-5coUg

I would request all the other owners of SDB, Aarmr and other precihole models to upload videos as well. And share the links here.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Choosing a first low budget Indian air rifle.

Post by Basu » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:40 pm

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:12 pm

As for information of new comers, A gun is as good as the trigger.Based on that, some of the currently available models in india are good (based on trigger).I mention specifically some models from SDB,PRECIHOLE,AARMR.
1. SDB:
SDB Sport,SDB apache,SDB artemis, SDB 2000,SDB gennex. (These models in SDB has good trigger, some of them are adjustable, but others like sdb 2000 also has very smooth ball bearing trigger).
2.PRECIHOLE:
VX100,sx100,nx100,px100(pcp) (all models are good)
3.AARMR:
HURRICANE is the only model from AARMR.It has also adjustable trigger.

Buying anyone of the above model can give you a good experience and save your time from working on a hard trigger.A friend of mine brought a gun to tune it.I surprised about the effort needed to shoot that gun with a hard trigger.Hence a new comer to this sport can safely avoid those models and get anyone of the models listed above.
With regards,
vsraja

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Vsraja, thanks for the input. Incidentally I did try the SDB Artemis. The trigger is really good indeed! It was my first preference. If my budget permitted, i would have bought it instead.