Precihole vs SDB

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).

Precihole vx100 vs SDB gennex vs SDB sports

Precihole vx 100 spartan
70%
SDB gennex
15%
SDB model 65
No votes
SDB sports
15%

Total votes: 20

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Precihole vs SDB

Post by targetpoint » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:32 am

Dear Sombit,
Congratulations on Your new acquisition.Hope you enjoying every bit of it.
It will be better if you show its accuracy on paper at 10m and 20m.
Thanks.

Added in 18 minutes 18 seconds:
Dear vsraja,
I agree that precihole is more refined and well designed product than any other air rifles.I also agree it may be very very very accurate than any other but dear I think accuracy is subjective term.I don't know about your but I consider a airrifle accurate only when I am capable of hitting matchstick from 18m repeatedly and in this test my Artemis always stand successfully.My only point is SDB or precihole both are as accurate as the shooter.So to say accuracy of precihole is incomparable to other rifles in India seemed not good to me.
So dear don't take it otherwise.
Shoot less but shoot class.
Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:12 am

Dear targetpoint,
My consideration is mostly based on the trigger part.because the other areas of performance is similar in both the companies.Both of them are accurate,decent finishing,etc.So, the trigger should be considered as breaking point.As precihole has a decent trigger and SDB has the same old direct trigger.You can feel a huge difference if you use them both side by side.Hence i conclude that SDB lags in the trigger part.Imported air rifles are valued mostly based on the trigger part.That is the main difference between the T06 trigger of diana and other cheap air rifles.Even some cheap imported air rifles doesn't have a direct trigger.Direct trigger is a thing of past.But still used by many indian manufacturers.Hence because of this outdated trigger mechanism these air rifles should be considered substandard than the rifles having a good trigger.To me SDB and Precihole, both are good.But precihole is better than SDB when there is a comparison. I also have both SDB apache and VX100.I like both of them, but if someone asks which is "the best", then i will point vx100.
With regards,
vsraja

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 am

From what I heard from users, Gennex is pretty accurate. It may even be more accurate than PH. But low powered. Artemis may be as accurate as VX100, but it is expensive. PH vx100, SDB gennex, SDB sports fall under the same price bracket. But the Artemis is around ₹3000 more expensive. The same price range as the nitropiston model- NX 100 from PH. The only practical difference between Artemis and precihole vx 100 is that Artemis has a little more power. Artemis would have been my choice if it was cheaper.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:55 am

if your concern is mostly on power, then you can buy sdb sport or artemis.In .177 sdb sport can itself give you good power.Sport is also cheaper than artemis.You can also buy sdb 65 which is way more cheaper and also with decent performance.but only difference is it doesnot has an adjustable trigger like sport model.
With regards,
vsraja

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Dear vsraja,
You are very correct on trigger part.The weight adjustable trigger of SDB is good but will remain much behind the more sophisticated modern days trigger.
Two stage adjustable trigger in Indian manufactured products is still a dream for us.Will like to thanks Precihole team for their effort in providing us quality products.Truly speaking I never ever touched a precihole so dear can't say anything about its trigger part but as you have both SDB and precihole your words for trigger part is well accepted.
Thanks.

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:03 am

Go for Precihole VX 100 as am having 2 Vx100, very friendly to handle, gentle finish,good Accuracy , No other indian brands meet this good quality in thisprice range

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Hurricane is also a good option if you can afford 2k more.It has good power, accuracy and ball bearing trigger.Handling ergonomics also feels comfortable than traditional style stock.
With regards,
vsraja

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:13 am

Since there is all these query regarding accuracy, i have made a simple video on YouTube. Now most indian videos that i have seen, do not show the shooter in action, giving a possibility of foul play. So, i have placed the camera in such a way that I'm properly visible shooting. I have used factory provided open sights to shoot at a syringe of 1cm diameter from a distance of 6metres.
Hope my video will give a fair idea of accuracy for future interested buyers..

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:38 pm

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 am

Sabash dear Sambit. Enjoyed your video. Well done.

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:14 am

Thanks Narach93!

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Dear Sombit,
Though your shooting posture is wrong and shooting a syringe at 6m or near is not the actual way to test the accuracy of any airrifle even though I liked the video presentation.
I will have to learn editing a video as you have done.
Well do grouping at 10m,15m,20m and longer distances to know its actual potentiality.
Thanks.

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Targetpoint, just like this forum, i did do a thorough study on every aspect of shooting. Most people know only about shouldering rifles because that's what they show in movies. But in reality, Instead of shouldering you can also shoot from the waist or over the shoulder. It all depends on your personal preference and what you are comfortable with.

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:26 pm

Dear Sombit,
Sorry,really I am still unaware of various posture other than conventional method generally used in airrifle shooting.Yes you can adopt any method as long as you are comfortable with it.
By the way your mentioned postures like from the waist,over the shoulder etc etc reminded me our veteran actors like Rajnikanth and Mithoonda.They can shoot even without pressing the trigger and the height is both can light a cigarette by firing a gun.
Thanks.

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Shooting from the waist is mainly done with assault rifles while fast firing. Over the shoulder is used mainly for snipers in absence of a stand. The measurements of these air-rifles is made by international standards. Since the stature of most indians are shorter than western counterparts, I find the stock of my precihole a little long for my arms. So, while shouldering does give the most accuracy, the stock of my precihole isnt length adjustable. And i feel more comfortable with over the shoulder shooting.