How to replace the cocking lever on a NX100

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vijaynats
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to replace the cocking lever on a NX100

Post by vijaynats » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:06 am

I happened to cock my NX100 when it was out of the stock and consequently, the tip of the cocking lever got bent and cracked. The thing is made of some kind of soft alloy.

The cocking lever assembly is attached to the cocking link using a soft pin that is kind of riveted into place. Does anyone know how to remove this pin and put a new one back in place.

if i get the spares and know how to do the pin then i can fix it at home.

Else does Precihole fix it and send it back if we ship it to them?

For Advertising mail webmaster
narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: How to replace the cocking lever on a NX100

Post by narach93 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 am

Dear vijay.
I have already gone though this problem. My cocking link broke and I procured the complete link from precihole. You can easily fix the link by removing the damaged link. For this, use a blunt iron nail to remove the soft pin. Pl drop oil on the soft pin and wait for 10 minutes. Then replace the same pin with the new cocking link. Take very good care of putting the split end on the cocking slot without putting any force. Lubricate the ends with gsmith red oil or put some precihole moly. Precihole rifles never liked to be cocked bereft of the stock. Good luck
Regards Narach

MPK
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MPK » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:37 pm

narach93 wrote:Dear vijay.
I have already gone though this problem. My cocking link broke and I procured the complete link from precihole. You can easily fix the link by removing the damaged link. For this, use a blunt iron nail to remove the soft pin. Pl drop oil on the soft pin and wait for 10 minutes. Then replace the same pin with the new cocking link. Take very good care of putting the split end on the cocking slot without putting any force. Lubricate the ends with gsmith red oil or put some precihole moly. Precihole rifles never liked to be cocked bereft of the stock. Good luck
Regards Narach
Hey Narach,
1) How much did the complete cocking link cost?
2) Did the Cocking Link set come with Soft Pin or has to be ordered separately?

- MPK

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk
Last edited by MPK on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Dear MPK. The cost of the complete set is Rs.386 including the postage charge. You can call ms Sahgufta madam of precihole and she will send you the kit. No, the soft pin is not required. You can use the existing one. However I suggest that you can request for an extra pin from precihole.
Regards