need info on this airrifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
mavshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

need info on this airrifle

Post by mavshot » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:48 am

I am looking at buying/importing this airrifle:

https://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-ar ... combo.html

my question is:
1)will there be any issue importing this (i do have an arms license and NRAI membership)
2)is it allowed to be used in NRAI competitions (in case i decide to go that way in the future)

thanks

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: need info on this airrifle

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:33 am

Whether you require arms license or not for this rifle, you may read the post represented by this link viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25480#p251658

About import process and import laws, may search this website, this matter has been discussed in detail. Please read the applicable notifications related to import of airguns issued by the office of Directorate General of Foreign Trade(DGFT).

If NRAI will allow this rifle, let us wait for those who are involved in this sport and see what they have to say.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mavshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mavshot » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Whether you require arms license or not for this rifle, you may read the post represented by this link viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25480#p251658

About import process and import laws, may search this website, this matter has been discussed in detail. Please read the applicable notifications related to import of airguns issued by the office of Directorate General of Foreign Trade(DGFT).

If NRAI will allow this rifle, let us wait for those who are involved in this sport and see what they have to say.
Thanks for the reference but it hardly clears up anything.I am looking forward to importing this 10 shot air rifle ,my query is that will it be detained at customs or not,and in case it is then are the Arms License and NRAI memberships sufficient grounds to have it cleared.thanks.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:49 pm

mavshot wrote:my query is that will it be detained at customs or not,and in case it is then are the Arms License and NRAI memberships sufficient grounds to have it cleared.thanks.
1. Very difficult to predict the arbitrary behavior of notoriously corrupt bureaucracy. Someone on this forum had ordered holster of pistol online. Everyone knows a holster is neither an arm nor a firearm, but the customs detained it and asked him to show the arms license! That is why it is important to read and understand the notifications issued by DGFT. If something is still not clear then please feel free to ask.

2. It appears you are confusing arms license for "possession" with arms license for "import". They are totally separate matters. If you need arms license for "possession", it does not mean you definitely need arms license for "import". If you do not need arms license for "possession", it does not mean you definitely do not need arms license for "import".

3. Arms license and/ or NRAI membership is not always sufficient to have any or every firearm cleared. That is why it is important to read and understand the notifications issued by DGFT.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mavshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mavshot » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:05 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
mavshot wrote:my query is that will it be detained at customs or not,and in case it is then are the Arms License and NRAI memberships sufficient grounds to have it cleared.thanks.
1. Very difficult to predict the arbitrary behavior of notoriously corrupt bureaucracy. Someone on this forum had ordered holster of pistol online. Everyone knows a holster is neither an arm nor a firearm, but the customs detained it and asked him to show the arms license! That is why it is important to read and understand the notifications issued by DGFT. If something is still not clear then please feel free to ask.

2. It appears you are confusing arms license for "possession" with arms license for "import". They are totally separate matters. If you need arms license for "possession", it does not mean you definitely need arms license for "import". If you do not need arms license for "possession", it does not mean you definitely do not need arms license for "import".

3. Arms license and/ or NRAI membership is not always sufficient to have any or every firearm cleared. That is why it is important to read and understand the notifications issued by DGFT.
The only thing that worries me is that all the rules i have studied do not give any info on the import of a multi shot/repeater rifle.Secondly arms license and NRAI membership would come into play if i am importing a .22 rifle.

thanks

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:22 pm

mavshot wrote:The only thing that worries me is that all the rules i have studied do not give any info on the import of a multi shot/repeater rifle.
As far I am able to recall the notifications issued by DGFT mention about caliber and rifle club membership. Import of a multi shot/repeater should not be a problem provided you satisfy the conditions of the relevant notifications.
mavshot wrote:Secondly arms license and NRAI membership would come into play if i am importing a .22 rifle.
For purpose of import, NRAI membership would come into play regardless of caliber. As per my personal understanding, since new arms rules have not been approved by Parliament to the satisfaction of Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959, .22 air gun does not require a license for "possession" for the time being.

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sci-fic » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 am

Dear friend
Of what i have gone through & came acrossed only a registered member of any rifle club or NRAI is allowed to import an Airgun of .177 cal through courier but the thing is not limited to that because without any base the coustoms authority is Arbitarily interpreting the issue without any reasonable nexus like they may ask you a letter from NRAI stating you are a member of the association and you are importing this rifle only for the competitive shooting purpose (i belive the weapon of your choice is not intended on make for competitive shooting purpose)plus etc etc documents to the whimps and fancies of the officer plus the air rifle has also undergo deal wood test and few other hassels since the rifle comes with the scope
I have only stated few in theory but in practical much more to come by but dont think its impossible its only high risk high reward daring process