Air Rifle Customization Projects!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Air Rifle Customization Projects!

Post by nitroex700 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:09 pm

A friend of mine had an old Hurricane Mod 15. He wanted me to add some accessories like picatinny rail, do some modifications and adjustments to its trigger, tune the powerplant of the gun to improve the barrel harmonics, and lastly, do a custom camo job on it using a pattern of his own choice...

#1) The first step was to disassemble the rifle. It has a piston engagement system similar to old model Diana 35s and they can be pretty complicated things to get your fingers into (iff you know what I mean!). I could have of course have done it the jugaad way but I chose to solve the problem by designing this tool:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25493

With the step #1 taken care of, its time to get my fingers internal and see what can be done about it..

#2) I also have an old IHP 35 in 177 that was shooting excellent groups even at 90yds (2.5") despite its 6fpe powerplant and terrible trigger. So I said to myself, what if I could pump up its power to 10-11 fpe? Theoretically the IHP has nearly the same specifications (well, marginally shorter compression tube ID..) of the Diana 35 which is a 12fpe gun under ideal conditions.

So what can be done to the IHP to amp its power? Let's see.. Will be posting pictures in the coming days to this thread...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Air Rifle Customization Projects!

Post by Gunner_dh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi Nitroex 700,

Has the IHP been striped down? Egarly waiting for your pics & results.

Regards
dh