review hurricane mod-16 .177 air rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: review hurricane mod-16 .177 air rifle

Post by satvender » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:41 am

maanbirsingh wrote:
satvender wrote:Hello All... Good to see Mr. Maanbir singh posted here... Though I think you posted it from your factory tests.. :lol: I got a suggestion mr.singh if you could keep the rear sight on hurricane mod-16 independent apart from keeping it attached to barrel making it a part of it....if independent it gives more choice for the shooter to adjust it as they want....right now it gets lock with no more adjustments and no option to replace it with any other rear sight. Hope you remember me,
Its only suggestion,don't get offended... :) I got my hurricane zerroing done not with rear sight but with scope .. will post my hits soon with longer distances...till then ... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ....

Hi Satvender,
Happy New Year! Unfortunately I’m not Manbir - the guy who is responsible for making the rifle, I’m just a hobbyist who got the rifle basis all the reviews I read here :) (same sounding names we have).

Reg,
Maanbir
Sorry for the confusion!! Though my suggestion is for the maker.hope you too have pointed the issue i posted here ...I cannot zero my gun with the rear sight,think its a flaw in hurricane mod-16.... you can help me zero my gun if you found a way.I reached max tuning points in the rear sight,still its missing target with inches :shock:

For Advertising mail webmaster
maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by maanbirsingh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:32 am

satvender wrote:
maanbirsingh wrote:
satvender wrote:Hello All... Good to see Mr. Maanbir singh posted here... Though I think you posted it from your factory tests.. :lol: I got a suggestion mr.singh if you could keep the rear sight on hurricane mod-16 independent apart from keeping it attached to barrel making it a part of it....if independent it gives more choice for the shooter to adjust it as they want....right now it gets lock with no more adjustments and no option to replace it with any other rear sight. Hope you remember me,
Its only suggestion,don't get offended... :) I got my hurricane zerroing done not with rear sight but with scope .. will post my hits soon with longer distances...till then ... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ....

Hi Satvender,
Happy New Year! Unfortunately I’m not Manbir - the guy who is responsible for making the rifle, I’m just a hobbyist who got the rifle basis all the reviews I read here :) (same sounding names we have).

Reg,
Maanbir
Sorry for the confusion!! Though my suggestion is for the maker.hope you too have pointed the issue i posted here ...I cannot zero my gun with the rear sight,think its a flaw in hurricane mod-16.... you can help me zero my gun if you found a way.I reached max tuning points in the rear sight,still its missing target with inches :shock:
Hi Satvender,
I zeroed my rifle at about 5 meters from the target. Initially when I received it, it was shooting low and to the right (but grouping was very consistent), using the Allen screws and making adjustments, I was able to get it to shoot towards the point of aim consistently. Are you using a rest to zero the rifle or shooting while standing? I used an artillery hold when zeroing the rifle, and it’s giving me consistent results up to 7.5 meters, have not shot it at longer distances then that.
Does your rifle shoot a tight group, even though it may be missing the point you are aiming at?
Also, what pellets are you using? I used Precihole Match Pellets and their Field Target Pellets, got very good results..

Sorry, I’m no expert, but will share all the variables I have helping me shoot the rifle, hopefully something clicks and works for you.

Regards,
Maanbir

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:28 am

Hi Maanbir,
I used a proper stand to rest the rifle,then try zero it using both screws on the rear sight...its hitting low even on max adjustment though its consistent hitting same spot....that fault is with the attached rear sight....its too bad I cannot even replace it as it is attached/welded to the barrel.only easy option is go with scope.

maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by maanbirsingh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:23 am

Hi Satvender,
Good to know it’s shooting in the same spot.. maybe reducing the height of your front sight will help (but that will be permanent), since your rifle is new, you should call the manufacturer and ask for help, I’m sure they will have a fix.
You are right on the scope option, but if you have time and can pursue with AARMR folks, hopefully it gets fixed..
Happy shooting!

Regards,
Maanbir

Devasheeshgarbyal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Devasheeshgarbyal » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:57 pm

satvender wrote:My hurricane had few scratches on stock and barrel..reported it to the company when purchased,they reversed pickup,hope today they will dispatch the better product for me....eagerly waiting ... :skeet:
can you please share details of dealer or tell me how to get my hands on one of these

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:23 am

Sure ,I can share the Details..view this pic:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Devasheeshgarbyal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Devasheeshgarbyal » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:01 am

how much did it cost you sir?

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:12 am

Devasheeshgarbyal wrote:how much did it cost you sir?
Rs 10500/- only Plus if you need all its addl. accessories they will charge you more Rs 1200/- only. you can talk to them on the given phone number they will provide all information needed to you.

Devasheeshgarbyal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Devasheeshgarbyal » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 am

do you think this is better then sdb artemis .. and if so in what conditions

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:15 am

according to my experience after using both the guns ...I would say an over-all performer is SDB Artemis cause lighter weight,stylish looks with wooden stock,low cocking effort,smooth adjustable trigger.Power, I feel its quiet same in both of them.still your choice to go with your pick... Goodluck

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Surely build quality of hurricane is better than Artemis . But other criteria like power,accuracy are in debate.Also SDB has direct trigger and hurricane has indirect trigger. Although both triggers are adjustable.If you can handle hurricane , you can blindly go for it.You can't reduce the trigger weight below 500grams without the danger of autofire in a direct trigger. But an indirect trigger can be adjusted upto a lowest point, without the fear of auto fire
With regards,
vsraja

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:01 pm

Dear Devasheeshgarbyal,
I am using Artemis past few months no doubt it is too beautiful,very accurate and has smooth firing cycle.I have not used hurricane so will not comment on it.
But dear recently I bought Gennex.I learnt by heart that the actual pleasure of airgunning can be obtained only from low powered gun.It is so addicting that you will forget the number of pellets passed in a shooting session.It is effortless in cocking,recoilless is shooting and tiredless in carrying.Accuracy is phenomenal due to low recoil.
So dear nothing can beat Gennex in ultimate pleasure in this hobby.
Poweroutput is only 7fpe that is the half of Artemis which produces 14.5fpe with 7.7 grains.
Now the choice is yours.
Thanks.

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:16 am

vsraja wrote:Surely build quality of hurricane is better than Artemis . But other criteria like power,accuracy are in debate.Also SDB has direct trigger and hurricane has indirect trigger. Although both triggers are adjustable.If you can handle hurricane , you can blindly go for it.You can't reduce the trigger weight below 500grams without the danger of autofire in a direct trigger. But an indirect trigger can be adjusted upto a lowest point, without the fear of auto fire
"vsraja" if I got to choose anyone of hurricane or Artemis ...will go with Artemis. build quality of hurricane is not better than Artemis only if you are comparing fiber and wooden stock then again its personal choice ... bluing of artemis is much better then hurricane on hurricane it looks like just a thin layer of black paint(It was 1 of the reason why I had to replace mine) rear sight on hurricane is fix which cannot be adjusted after certain point/replace where as on Artemis its more adjustable and can be replaced. Accuracy, I find Artemis much accurate then Hurricane without scopes just using open sights..."Artemis can be Tamed much better as you want too" "No Offence"Its only my Experience with both the guns. and Target Point everything you said about gennex, I accept its real fun playing around with it as i herd it from many of my friends (and women's) Gennex is too good for planking.

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:23 am

Dear Satvender,
My shooting range is backyard of my house and it is only 22m long.It is enough for me to do both plinking and paper target.And you know Gennex is so docile generating only 6-7fpe but enough for up to 30m.
Though I used Artemis for many months but after using my Gennex for only few days now the firing cycle of Artemis is becoming unbearable and harsh.It is only due to mellow recoil of Gennex.It is so sweet and accurate too that I think twice before picking up my Artemis.Now it is only Gennex and Gennex.
So before buying a airgun one should consider available space for shooting,purpose for buying i.e.plinking,paper punching or knockdown.
All depends upon the choice of person which is always personal.
Thanks.

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:30 am

"So before buying a airgun one should consider available space for shooting,purpose for buying i.e.plinking,paper punching or knockdown.
All depends upon the choice of person which is always personal"
That's very true, though i would suggest in rough conditions(in farm house/jungle)Hurricane is best according to its build,all odds does not matter cause at the end of the Day its one of the Indian BEAST. so, it totally depends upon the choice of person,consideing available space for shooting,purpose for buying .