review hurricane mod-16 .177 air rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: review hurricane mod-16 .177 air rifle

Post by vsraja » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:57 pm

satvender wrote:
vsraja wrote: "vsraja" if I got to choose anyone of hurricane or Artemis ...will go with Artemis. build quality of hurricane is not better than Artemis only if you are comparing fiber and wooden stock then again its personal choice ... bluing of artemis is much better then hurricane on hurricane it looks like just a thin layer of black paint(It was 1 of the reason why I had to replace mine) rear sight on hurricane is fix which cannot be adjusted after certain point/replace where as on Artemis its more adjustable and can be replaced. Accuracy, I find Artemis much accurate then Hurricane without scopes just using open sights..."Artemis can be Tamed much better as you want too" "No Offence"Its only my Experience with both the guns. and Target Point everything you said about gennex, I accept its real fun playing around with it as i herd it from many of my friends (and women's) Gennex is too good for planking.
I meant the quality of the gun as a whole which include the steel parts also.I have thorough knowledge about both the gun's internal parts also.(As i do some tuning and service of them by myself).Based on those observations i can clearly say that quality wise hurricane is ahead of sdb.Hurricane has cerakote finish on the receiver.It is not cheap but infact better than the bluing in many terms.Also i considers the quality of barrel and trigger mechanism.If you open the hurricane you can find those parts of trigger mechanism which is even better than precihole to some extent.But apart from quality both the gun performs good.Even the normal indian pellets perform well in sdb than hurricane.I have the .22 variant of hurricane.Hence i cant comment on .177 variant of choked barrel hurricanes.Again i stress that the main improvement needed in sdb is trigger.If sdb got a two stage trigger, it will become a winner apart from quality comparisons.Because usability comes to the first place than quality.Because always better quality cant ensure a better usability.Apart from that hurricane currently tops SDB in quality criteria.But usability and liking differs person to person, which is based on his level of knowledge about both the guns and his preferences.
With regards,
vsraja

For Advertising mail webmaster
satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:20 pm

"Vsraja wrote:I meant the quality of the gun as a whole which include the steel parts also.I have thorough knowledge about both the gun's internal parts also.(As i do some tuning and service of them by myself).Based on those observations i can clearly say that quality wise hurricane is ahead of sdb.Hurricane has cerakote finish on the receiver.It is not cheap but infact better than the bluing in many terms.Also i considers the quality of barrel and trigger mechanism.If you open the hurricane you can find those parts of trigger mechanism which is even better than precihole "

Thats too technical :D I agree,though as I have new .177 hurricane mod-16 its totally different from what you said about your .22 hurricane, physically from outside appearance ...still I wrote to them and they shared few of its internal parts /machination pictures which I will upload later.

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:45 pm

here is the picture what they send me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.