Precihole Peep sight windage Maxed out, still shooting right.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Blazemaster
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Precihole Peep sight windage Maxed out, still shooting right.

Post by Blazemaster » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:23 am

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a Precihole NX100 Polaris and decided to mount a peep sight on it. I got the precihole peep sight kit and set it up, but during zeroing the sights the shot groups kept landing to the right. Even after repeated adjustments and completely maxing out the windage knob to the point where it no longer clicks, the shot groups are landing slightly to the right. I did not have any such issue with the open sights that came with the rifle and am not sure whether I messed up something during setting up the sights or if this is due to something I overlooked.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

For Advertising mail webmaster
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Precihole Peep sight windage Maxed out, still shooting right.

Post by vsraja » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:02 pm

I hope you use the adapter for the front sight which comes with the peep sight.Adjust the front sight by turning it slightly right side, it makes the point of impact shift to the left.If you use the normal front sight of precihole which comes with the rifle, you can try the same after loosening the front sight screw with the allen key.
With regards,
vsraja

Blazemaster
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Blazemaster » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:16 pm

I did use the adapter and the front sight that came with the kit. I am not sure how to adjust the front sight as they recommended using araldite to stick the adapter into place. I don't think there is any way to adjust the front sight except for rotating the adapter. And since the adapter is stuck I don't know how to go about fixing it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Dear master. I have also faced the same problem of fixing the adapter with araldite and subsequently not able to adjust the frontsight. So with lot of efforts I was able to remove that. You can also try that. For removing the adapter you have to put the portion in a boiling water pot for about 5 to 7 minutes. Before that you have to block the muzzle with polythene bud to protect the bote from corrosion by water. Pl take care that the surface of the barrel should be well coated by any gun oil and only the adapter without the globe front sight should be boiled. After 5-7 minutes pl ask your friend/ family member to hold tight the butt and pull the adopter by using a strong monkey-plier. Before that wrap the adopter with a piece of cloth to protect it from scratch. You will be abke to remove the adapter by giving half circular motion. After removing the adapter refix the same with any ordinary glue like fevicol allfix or fevibond etc. For consistent result always check the position of the adopter by engaging the allen key. I will try to post an image for alligning the adapter notch with the notch of the muzzle soon.

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:12 pm

[img]
Screenshot_2017-08-02-17-43-12.png
[/img]F
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blazemaster
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Blazemaster » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi narach, thank you, your idea was a good one and I guess I got lucky as the amount of araldite I applied was not much and the adapter came off easily. I readjusted it but even now I am not very happy with the accuracy I am getting on these sights. The original sights that came with the rifle were pretty good and I think I will go back to those if I cant figure out how to resolve this issue in a few more days.

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Dear Master. Initially I also faced the same problem of accuracy with aperature sight. Now I have two of them. It require little practice to put the target in the centre of the front sight aperature. You will definitely love this product.