Need some advice

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Need some advice

Post by satyam » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Hello everyone!
I have just joined an academy for learning 10 m air rifle shooting. My coach has asked me to run 2-3 km in the morning. I have started that but since few days I am feeling a slight pain in my right Knee. So could anyone tell if I am doing something wrong? It would be very helpful if someone could share their running techniques and other exercises they did to aid them in proper running.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Need some advice

Post by goondasmani » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:58 am

Your coach advised you to run? Or to do cardio workout he would have said cardio so breath control is important in aiming and physical stamina. no one will advise you to sprint. jogging is advisable, before you jogg start by warming up, stretching and walking for some days so that your body will adapt then you can jogg. Warmup and down are must. for more advise ask your coach he will guide you properly.

Saahir
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Saahir » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:58 am

I guess thers is no need to running in rifle shooting . U just need strength and stiffness in ur legs for proper stand.

Saahir
SHOOT LIKE A KING

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Okay...
I will talk to him about that
Thank you so much

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Coach may have his own way of training. You need muscle strength and endurance. Running is good for health add natural fruits and vegetables to your diet.

And for right knee, if its just mild pain take 2-3 days off (i would rather say brisk walk). Take a vessel full of hot water and a cotton cloth to warmth the knee area.

Good luck
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 pm

StampMaster wrote:Coach may have his own way of training. You need muscle strength and endurance. Running is good for health add natural fruits and vegetables to your diet.

And for right knee, if its just mild pain take 2-3 days off (i would rather say brisk walk). Take a vessel full of hot water and a cotton cloth to warmth the knee area.

Good luck
Thank you very Much Sir

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Can anyone suggest an effective breathing pattern I should follow while jogging. Presently I am inhaling through my nostrils on first 2 steps and then exhaling through the nose on next two, i.e. in in out out...Is this pattern good to follow or I should change it?
Thank you.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:48 pm

satyam wrote:Can anyone suggest an effective breathing pattern I should follow while jogging. Presently I am inhaling through my nostrils on first 2 steps and then exhaling through the nose on next two, i.e. in in out out...Is this pattern good to follow or I should change it?
Thank you.
Run slowly as long as you can sustain normal breathing. Make sure your running technique is correct. Slowly increase the stamina...

For focus and breath control try learning some form of pranayams and meditation. Art Of Living teaches some good techniques that have helped me personally a lot as well as a few shooter friends..

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Thank You Mrigank Sir.
Can you tell me more about running technique or suggest specific video/resource to learn the same.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:25 pm

I am no physio so I may be wrong.. This is what I do every morning:

Drink 30ml/kg/hr of workout (Some before, some after workout).
Eat a carb rich diet during the day.
Eat a banana or two before the run.
RUN - 2-5 km (on road) or 1 km (or hilly terrain).
Proper warmup after the run.
WORKOUT - 30min.
Proper 'cooldown' after the workout - pls use google for that!
MEDITATE - 30min. (I'm a yoga and meditation instructor also.)
Drink more water.
Eat a healthy meal that includes several chapattis (carb), lot of daal (protein), vegetable, some ghee/butter (fat) and a glass of milk with turmeric.

This is my techinue:
Lean very slightly forward when running.
Land on the front part of the feet than on the heels or the whole foot..
Run only as fast and as long as my heart and breathing rate are within 'reasonable' levels.
As soon as breathlessness starts, its time to stop or go home as the case may be..
I have figured out my 'half stamina point' with practice so I know instinctively just where I need to start running back home from to reach my 'burnout point' just as I get home..

* A particular 'hack' that I practice is my 'visualization' during the workout that helps me to push harder and longer - you will need to come up with your own way to motivate yourself to push your limits..

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:23 am

Thank you so much sir for such a long reply :)
Regarding landing on toes, most of the youtube videos on running emphasized landing on the entire foot rather than heels/toes. So I am a bit confused about that.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:45 pm

satyam wrote:Thank you so much sir for such a long reply :)
Regarding landing on toes, most of the youtube videos on running emphasized landing on the entire foot rather than heels/toes. So I am a bit confused about that.
Try landing on the front part of the foot vs the middle part and you will instantly know the difference. It is initially a bit exerting but once you build the muscles, you can fly...

They typically tell you to land on the "balls of your feet" not the whole foot..

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sci-fic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:38 pm

satyam wrote:Hello everyone!
I have just joined an academy for learning 10 m air rifle shooting. My coach has asked me to run 2-3 km in the morning. I have started that but since few days I am feeling a slight pain in my right Knee. So could anyone tell if I am doing something wrong? It would be very helpful if someone could share their running techniques and other exercises they did to aid them in proper running.
Dear friend
i dont know about your early life style prior to your jogging or running but for anyone with an average or above weight who are newly starting with physical activities are common to such pain in the beginning, but please do see that the pain is not persistent, the pain may occur mainly because pushing your body for physical activity newly and your right leg may be dominant or nee pain may occur due to any problem in your running shoes
other than the above please search for some leg stretches routine, the stretches are the beast thing to keep you out of any injury and do them before running or even any warm up workouts

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:25 am

Hmm
I am also not sure about my running shoes...
I'll check with another pair of shoes

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 am

Suggestions given by other members are valid. Assuming you are physically fit for the purpose of running, the pain in the knees can be due running on hard surface, like metaled or concrete road, and shoes are unable to absorb or cushion the shock of running on metaled or concrete road, causing the shock to reach knee joints. If possible, it is preferable to run on soft and grassy surface wearing comfortable shoes having adequate cushioning mechanism in the soles.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992