Review: Precihole PX100 Achilles

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
mayankbanerjee1
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Review: Precihole PX100 Achilles

Post by mayankbanerjee1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:27 pm

satvender wrote:hello everyone..nice to view so much info of Achilles here.I have it from past 3 months,enjoying it on my farm,using only precihole "sting",cause have 5k of them,brought along with Achilles
Hi,

How are you filling it up. Please share your experience. It would be great to know about its pros and cons. You may please suggest some improvements too.

Regards,

Mayank

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:34 pm

satvender wrote:hello everyone..nice to view so much info of Achilles here.I have it from past 3 months,enjoying it on my farm,using only precihole "sting",cause have 5k of them,brought along with Achilles
Could you post some 5 shot groups with Stings at 50 yards.

GNV

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:31 am

filling my Achilles with hand pump to 200 bar, using 3-9X40 Adjustable Tactical Riflescope,it took some time to get it zeroing,then it does "what is say" :) ..myself not that good in telling pros & cons Mayank, still i can say, never had any issues with it. and right now not in the city ,too busy at work, will post "some 5 shot groups with Stings at 50 yards" GNV - I really appreciate the time and effort u put in to explain so much about Achilles
Still i can say 'STING' are good hitting targets at 9:10 ratio. Humm!! Admin edited my post,haahaa... will make sure, i will not post my hunts.
Thanks to everyone,who shared their knowledge and experience here(forum).

vast
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vast » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi GNV
Its look like the filling probe of the hill pump and archiles are different so do i need to order this adapter separately or will it come along with the rifle

mayankbanerjee1
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mayankbanerjee1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:32 pm

A good news for Precihole PX100 owners. The much awaited magazine is about to come in November,2017. Shortly you will find maintenance videos in YouTube too.

Make in India is great. It just need a little bit of our support.

Regards,
Mayank

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:46 pm

vast wrote:Hi GNV
Its look like the filling probe of the hill pump and archiles are different so do i need to order this adapter separately or will it come along with the rifle
Achilles comes with a fillprobe with 1/8" BSPP threaded Male which fits into the Hill Pump connecting hose's 1/8" BSPP Female connector. The fillprobe comes with a Metal Washer only don't use it and connect the probe directly to the Hill Pump's Female connector.

GNV

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:17 am

That great news Mayank,for Precihole PX100 owners. The much awaited magazine is about to come in November,2017 ... i have been waiting for it...even tried to get FX royal .177 mag ,too expensive ($69 its price and $52 shipping) and what support precihole need :) I would, if i can..

mayankbanerjee1
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mayankbanerjee1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:57 pm

satvender wrote:That great news Mayank,for Precihole PX100 owners. The much awaited magazine is about to come in November,2017 ... i have been waiting for it...even tried to get FX royal .177 mag ,too expensive ($69 its price and $52 shipping) and what support precihole need :) I would, if i can..

You are absolutely correct Satvender Ji. Fx magazines are very expensive. if you compare its price with Benjamin MROD which is about 12$ and readily available. I am planning to buy one PX 100 during my next trip to home.

I requested Precihole to create few maintenance tutorial videos for PX-100 such as a) O ring replacement of air cylinder and barrell b) Gas Cylinder removal and check for leaks. c) trigger adjustment and hammer spring replacement.

I also requested them to provide degassing tool along with the gun. i believe, we do not have to visit a gunsmith now and then for petty issues. Several things can be achieved by empowering the customer itself.

regards,

Mayank

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:35 pm

GNV has done an excellent job of shedding light on all the key aspects of this air rifle. I had received mine a while back but was able to put it through it's paces only recently in the past couple of weekends.
Here are a few images of the groupings I was able to get:
20171007_102042.jpg
7 shot group at 35yards with the precipell domed pellets.
20171007_104010.jpg
20 shot group at 35yards with the JSB 8 grain pellets. The single flier was my mistake.

At 35-50 yards this air rifle will shoot a single hole group all day long with no problem.

I shot a group at 75yards too but that is nothing worth sharing. I am assuming that this was because of a not so steady rest, a not so great scope and possibly due to my lack of skill :P
Will again try it out at 75yards in the coming weekends and share an update.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 am

Simply....wow....

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:08 am

Terrific ...the way you and your rifle shoot!!

What is also gratifying is that we seem to finally have an INDIAN PCP that can stand up to match many of the standard globally acclaimed ones!!
Warmest wishes for the sport to prosper in India!!
Best regards,
Prashant

himanshu maru
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by himanshu maru » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:58 am

I want to lower my px100 power. It is shooting at 863 fps with jsb 10.3 pellet. Any help is welcome.

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Cut a coil or two from the hammer spring. BTW how many shots are you getting per fill at this power. Have you chronograped using a chroney or have you used some mobile app ?

GNV

himanshu maru
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by himanshu maru » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:54 pm

GNV wrote:Cut a coil or two from the hammer spring. BTW how many shots are you getting per fill at this power. Have you chronograped using a chroney or have you used some mobile app ?

GNV
Hi i am getting 62 shots per fill. And have use chroney for fps.
Dont want to cut hammer spring. Is there any other way.

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Easiest way is to reduce hammer spring tension. Why bother? If accuracy is good at this power level enjoy it

Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
Or use JSB Beast pellets at this power level. You should get good accuracy at longer ranges also

Added in 3 minutes 25 seconds:
At what pressure are you getting these velocities?