final advice for buying precihole vx100 Spartan and hurricane mod 16

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Faisal.1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

final advice for buying precihole vx100 Spartan and hurricane mod 16

Post by Faisal.1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:38 am

Hello Guys,
Currently i have ak 550 Under lever AR and now I'm planning to buy a new AR but I'm confused between precihole vx100 Spartan and Aarmr hurricane mod 16 (both in .177)
Which one i should buy in the terms of accuracy & power.
Please advise
Thanks in advance :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: final advice for buying precihole vx100 Spartan and hurricane mod 16

Post by nitroex700 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:19 am

I have no knowledge of spartan, so cannot comment. Second hand information seems to imply that you get what you pay for..

Recent reports of the 177 model of Hurricane have been very good. They seem to have added an adjustable cheekpiece and are also making a new grip. They are also reportedly adding a picatinny rail soon, which IMO is an excellent thing for any airgun for mounting a scope. However you should ask the manufacturer to manually polish the trigger and reduce the trigger pull weight before dispatching.

Faisal.1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Faisal.1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:10 pm

nitroex700 wrote:I have no knowledge of spartan, so cannot comment. Second hand information seems to imply that you get what you pay for..

Recent reports of the 177 model of Hurricane have been very good. They seem to have added an adjustable cheekpiece and are also making a new grip. They are also reportedly adding a picatinny rail soon, which IMO is an excellent thing for any airgun for mounting a scope. However you should ask the manufacturer to manually polish the trigger and reduce the trigger pull weight before dispatching.
Thank you so much
:agree:

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Hello there!
First of all, my Greetings to all of you on this first day of my joining this wonderful sharing platform!
I was tempted into chipping in here on this thread as I got the Precihole Spartan VX100 only last month. Here is a caveat before I share my humble opinion on this air rifle - Through my frequent visits to this IFG blog in the past months, I have figured out that nitroex700 is among some of the finest and most discerning people who adorn this platform alongwith the likes of basuda, sam47, brihacharan, and so many others.....and I value every piece of advice and suggestion coming from them. So, if he had an opinion on the Spartan, I wouldn't dare chip in.
However, since he hasn't, may be some of what i have to share ends up helping you decide.
The piece that got last month is absolutely spot on....finish, sighting, accuracy. A novice like me is consistently delivering sub-1" groups at both 10 and 15 meters -sitting and elbows rested on knees. Haven't got to test it on any longer rage yet. [And pls note, I am no shooter (except for being chosen to represent my school in national NCC...some 35 years back, i.e.)]. Just insist on all the basics - the artillery hold, sharp focus on the front sight, follow through. We shoot Precipell Field Target (8.7gr) and Sting pellets (9.6gr).
Recoil is observable. I can't really compare with any others given my limited exposure....but it is something I do notice (may be because so much of research on the subject has got me over conscious). And so, just to verify this, I will share with you some aspects from a 14 year child's perspective who happens to shoot the same gun. She ends up with only a slightly bigger group at 10 meters than me...shooting from the same position. Only I keep reminding her of all the basics from the side chair. She seems absolutely comfortable with the recoil. So I figure out, the gun attributes are of a good pedigree.
I feel it's on the noisier side....but that may be because it would need some time to break in I trust. It makes the neighbours take note on each fire. Doesn't visibly diesel though (no visible smoke, etc. but I guess some of it would be there, going by the bang). No perceptible twang either ...certainly none noticeable in the follow through. But I intend to check for this using a microphone attached to the receiver, and will update you all.
For lean frame people like us (both father and child), it seems to be on the heavier side. Freehold shooting is something that people like us will need to practice.
Just one more thing....through several interactions with Precihole sports, I have come across pretty refined professional demeanour conduct, and quite responsive to cutomer queries, etc. So, as a brand, too, I trust they look good to go with. Recently also noticed on their website that all regular spare parts are available for direct order....whcih is a good thing.
Sorry about this long response....but will be happy if any of this end up being of any help. And pls let me know for any specific queries you may have on the subject.
Before I depart, just one question (specially to all the seasoned ones please..): Which classic model (Diana, Weihrauch, Beeman, Air Arms, etc...) is the Precihole springer based on please (their SX, VX, NX series)? I mean the basic chamber-receiver, trigger, safety mechanics, etc... Will greatly appreciate any leads or info on this.
Best regards,
Prashant

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:56 pm

I missed to mention in my last post............The Rear sight adjustment is a swift job on the VX100 Spartan. You can feel the shift with every micro click.....and once sighted, the thing stays put where you leave it shot after shot, session after session.
The stock bolts have remained in place firm and tight even after some 250 shots till now.
One thing that I especially loved on the PH model is the tiny (1.5 size hex bolt) lock nut hidden in the receiver extender (on the front side) to hold the barrel pivot bolt. Thanks again and God Bless!

Faisal.1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Faisal.1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:33 am

Thank you so much sir,
For all these information
[emoji4]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:06 am

Apart from precihole and hurricane, sdb artemis is a good choice.It has standard wooden stock with good power and accuracy with even our indian pellets.It also has right weight and good for off hand shooting also.Also we can adjust the trigger easily without opening the stock.
With regards,
vsraja

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 pm

You may visit my YouTube channel once. I own a precihole. The direct shooting videos may help you decide.