Affordable Legally Allowed Basic Air Pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sunandoghosh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunandoghosh » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 am

Dear Experts,
I have been going through many posts and have been reading a lot but not able to come to definite conclusion.

It would be really grateful and kind of you if my following queries are answered point by point. Kindly excuse my basic questions but want to make sure I have final thoughts and comprehensive analysis done by experts as I am truly a beginner.

I am interested in buying legally allowed without license requirement or any other legal requirement air pistol which is affordable and looks similar to real pistol and which Is portable and can be carried easily.

Legal Aspect:
This is in context of 0.177 caliber air pistol.

Few Questions:

1. If I understood correctly 0.177 caliber is maximum we can have in air pistol without any license.
Can we say that there is absolutely no legal requirement whatsoever for 0.177 caliber air pistol in India?
Is membership of Air Rifle Association / Club also not at all necessary in such cases?

2. Is there any problem if the air pistol looks like real pistol as it seems that if the air pistol almost look like real gun then it will be treated as arms and consequently license requirement comes into picture?

3. Can such pistol be carried in laptop bags while traveling and there any issues legally if it is detected at malls through scanning railway stations etc. and what can the explanation be to explain such carrying justifiably?

Best beginner Air Pistol 0.177 caliber gun:

What I am looking for in terms of features (ideal but not necessarily available but closet to this one will do).

1. Air pistol and not rifle
2. Can load multiple pellets at a time rather than putting one at a time after each shot
3. Carry able
4. Looks almost or closest like real air pistol
5. Minimal maintenance
6. Affordable in terms of cost and procurement domestically is possible (Budget 10,000 but can stretch more if really good option – sorry if that seems too less budget)
7. What would be best way to busy such air pistol in India via online or any other shop

Why I am buying this Air Pistol:

1. My purpose is to have something with me which at least has some self-defense value or basic deterrent when I am specifically travelling or living for some time in places which are a bit prone to rape, robbery, mugging etc.

2. I understand that air pistol is not one for self-defense at all BUT given that an average common Indianer cannot get something better without extremely bureaucratic and complex process – something is better than nothing.

3. We all know that how rapes have been perpetrated by people even when brother or husband is traveling with the women or how many people mugged ordinary people just like that. Also these people can easily procure a real gun but an honest Indian cannot have something for his safeguard in this ineffectual police and law system.

4. Hence knowing all I still believe that something can be better than nothing although certainly the least best option.

Kindly share your valuable thoughts and any aspects which I might have missed.

Thanks a tonnes.
Regards
sunando

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Affordable Legally Allowed Basic Air Pistol

Post by mundaire » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Have you read viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5428 ? If not please do read that thread!

In a nutshell, carrying an air-pistol or a replica for self-defense is a very bad idea!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sniperboy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sniperboy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Forget the idea of carrying a air-pistol as self defence or deterrent weapon, instead you can carry a cute pepper spray (recommend color is PINK' ) and above all pray for Almighty protection. Apart from these, you have no means of safety whatsoever...Good luck

sunandoghosh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunandoghosh » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Sniperboy wrote:Forget the idea of carrying a air-pistol as self defence or deterrent weapon, instead you can carry a cute pepper spray (recommend color is PINK' ) and above all pray for Almighty protection. Apart from these, you have no means of safety whatsoever...Good luck
Thats the saddest part in this country where all people committing crimes and connections carry weapons and lawful abiding citizens are left at mercy of police which we now how effective it is?

Whenever they talk about rape in all news these days you hear justice to victim but do you think after rape there is any justice to victim...its a punishment to rapist but justice is only when its prevented.

sunandoghosh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunandoghosh » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:29 pm

mundaire wrote:Have you read viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5428 ? If not please do read that thread!

In a nutshell, carrying an air-pistol or a replica for self-defense is a very bad idea!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Hello Abhijeet, I agree totally and had read that post and thats why i wrote in my post that its not a good idea. But what else can we do in India legally. Imagine i am travelling with my family on a highway and just think of multiple incidents happening recently where wife is raped in fromt of husband. What else can I say? Its painful and makes me shiver

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Something is better than nothing.And prevention is better than cure.My suggestion is to have a blow-back air pistol along with pepper spray and taser,in which some of these guns looks similar to the real gun.Even the knowledgeable community like our IFGians may not tell that is real gun or a air pistol without any doubt.Hence those deceptive looks will confront others,especially the wrong doers.Also these replicas has some hitting power and mutiple shots,which really help at certain situations.
But,certainly holding only this doesn't make a complete defense or protection.Along with this air gun,you should have pepper spray or taser or foldable knife or both.The user should choose wisely that which weapon should be used at the given situation or can be used in combinations also.Even some sudden mental shock to the wrong doer will deter him most of the time and make him reconsider to do such act.It is like a restart to the brain.Hence,he has to reconsider and confirm the action again.He must have already have some fear towards those acts.A sudden show off will make him shiver.Even this time for the victim will be of great value.
Taking some steps towards safety is better than not planning for any future uncertainty.Also the regretting after an event will not help much to recover from that.We should be ready for those uncertain events, like insuring for any uncertain losses or an accident.
With regards,
vsraja

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:46 pm

sunandoghosh wrote:But what else can we do in India legally. Imagine i am traveling with my family on a highway and just think of multiple incidents happening recently where wife is raped in front of husband. What else can I say? Its painful and makes me shiver
Can understand this very real and serious predicament, the highways are extremely unsafe and on the top of it government wants to keep the law abiding citizens disarmed. Keeping law abiding citizens disarmed is a sign of psychopathic mentality at work. For this there is only one solution, it is the law abiding citizens have to raise their voice and demands at every available forum in a convincing manner that Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a basic human right. May read this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25163

Other option is to raise this matter in Parliament or courts. May also read this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25102 rahul_does, panzernain and some other members are planning to take up this matter as PIL in the Supreme Court. Any more ideas and co-operation in any form by everybody are welcome.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sunandoghosh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunandoghosh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:03 am

vsraja wrote:Something is better than nothing.And prevention is better than cure.My suggestion is to have a blow-back air pistol along with pepper spray and taser,in which some of these guns looks similar to the real gun.Even the knowledgeable community like our IFGians may not tell that is real gun or a air pistol without any doubt.Hence those deceptive looks will confront others,especially the wrong doers.Also these replicas has some hitting power and mutiple shots,which really help at certain situations.
But,certainly holding only this doesn't make a complete defense or protection.Along with this air gun,you should have pepper spray or taser or foldable knife or both.The user should choose wisely that which weapon should be used at the given situation or can be used in combinations also.Even some sudden mental shock to the wrong doer will deter him most of the time and make him reconsider to do such act.It is like a restart to the brain.Hence,he has to reconsider and confirm the action again.He must have already have some fear towards those acts.A sudden show off will make him shiver.Even this time for the victim will be of great value.
Taking some steps towards safety is better than not planning for any future uncertainty.Also the regretting after an event will not help much to recover from that.We should be ready for those uncertain events, like insuring for any uncertain losses or an accident.
Thank you for taking effort to reply in detail.

May i respectfully also ask members to at least consider replying to my specific queries in my OP notwithstanding the fact that thinking of air gun as self defense admittedly is worst scenario.

Also I have been going through reviews of blanca and IHP pistol the ones easily available in India and affordable but reviews are too bad and hardly looks real.

Kindly suggest based on my OP pls.

sunandoghosh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunandoghosh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:05 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:
sunandoghosh wrote:But what else can we do in India legally. Imagine i am traveling with my family on a highway and just think of multiple incidents happening recently where wife is raped in front of husband. What else can I say? Its painful and makes me shiver
Can understand this very real and serious predicament, the highways are extremely unsafe and on the top of it government wants to keep the law abiding citizens disarmed. Keeping law abiding citizens disarmed is a sign of psychopathic mentality at work. For this there is only one solution, it is the law abiding citizens have to raise their voice and demands at every available forum in a convincing manner that Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a basic human right. May read this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25163

Other option is to raise this matter in Parliament or courts. May also read this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25102 rahul_does, panzernain and some other members are planning to take up this matter as PIL in the Supreme Court. Any more ideas and co-operation in any form by everybody are welcome.
Agree totally and will try my bit but very sceptical. Think of an average Indian working middle class Indian who is already burdened to keep his job and taking care of family...

Kindly also consider reply to my questions on OP

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:27 pm

sunandoghosh wrote:Think of an average Indian working middle class Indian who is already burdened to keep his job and taking care of family...
Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you are trying to convey, but let me express my thoughts about this matter as below -

Working middle class all over the world is burdened with keeping job but still it has to find some time, some ways and means to ensure it's rights are not trampled upon. And "taking care of family" also includes properly defending it with weapons during unforeseen violent criminal attacks. This part cannot be wished away but unfortunately many people try to wish it away thinking only the "unlucky" get attacked by criminals.

The gentlemen mentioned in the previous post are public spirited volunteers who are devoting their time and effort for this cause and not soliciting any money for this effort. Similarly National Association for Gun Rights India (this website http://gunowners.in/) was started by public spirited individuals from working middle class, having jobs but still sparing some time for this cause and have not taken a single rupee from anybody. It is the participation from every individual that counts, it can be in any form.
sunandoghosh wrote:Kindly also consider reply to my questions on OP
Yes practically(unless one understands the meaning and implication of Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959 in relation to Arms Rules 2016) 0.177 caliber is maximum we can have in air pistol without any license. It is subject to maximum power limitation. You can read Arms Rules 2016 about this power limitation. Membership of Air Rifle Association/ Club is not necessary for it's possession but if you want to import then it is necessary.

Licensing is not dependent on the looks of an instrument. If the instrument can discharge a projectile, it is firearm as per definition of firearm in Arms Act 1959. Every firearm requires a license unless exempted. Airguns are also firearm as per definition of firearms in Arms Act 1959. Airguns of particular caliber and power limitation are exempted from license. But if not done something about this then days are not far when every airgun will require a license.

You may carry "such pistol" but you may face practical problems. For example if some corrupt policeman finds "such pistol" in your possession, he will pretend that it requires license and you need to be arrested for not having license. In short he will try to create such pressure that you have to make immediate choice to cough up a very hefty bribe or be arrested. Remember offenses under Arms Act 1959 are cognizable and non bailable. Cognizable offense means police does not require arrest warrant from court to arrest, they can immediately arrest and put you in lock up. Whether you are actually guilty or innocent nobody is going to ask at that moment. If you are unable to convince such corrupt or ignorant policemen, legal process might get started regardless your "such pistol" requires license or not. Most probably you will have to engage a lawyer who will first try to get bail for you and then convince court you are innocent.

Needless to repeat again, air gun or air pistol is an extremely bad idea for self defense. As mentioned by another member pepper spray and running away may be a better option.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 am

Self-Defense is not a Right Bestowed by our Constitution to us Aam-Aadmi. So, if you shoot someone with an Air-Pistol trying to Protect yourself you have to Prove it. And if the other guy proves you fired un-provocked you are done for. Justice in this Beloved Nation of ours is a Joke.

You would better off shifting to a Different Country if you want your Rights taken Seriously. As, here what Police Babu says or crafts against you is Final.

A country where it's Citizens Rights are not uphold will be facing big issues in the coming days. Leave citizens, here even the Soldiers Rights are not up-held. Sic.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk
-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

sunandoghosh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunandoghosh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:
sunandoghosh wrote:Think of an average Indian working middle class Indian who is already burdened to keep his job and taking care of family...
Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you are trying to convey, but let me express my thoughts about this matter as below -

Working middle class all over the world is burdened with keeping job but still it has to find some time, some ways and means to ensure it's rights are not trampled upon. And "taking care of family" also includes properly defending it with weapons during unforeseen violent criminal attacks. This part cannot be wished away but unfortunately many people try to wish it away thinking only the "unlucky" get attacked by criminals.

The gentlemen mentioned in the previous post are public spirited volunteers who are devoting their time and effort for this cause and not soliciting any money for this effort. Similarly National Association for Gun Rights India (this website http://gunowners.in/) was started by public spirited individuals from working middle class, having jobs but still sparing some time for this cause and have not taken a single rupee from anybody. It is the participation from every individual that counts, it can be in any form.
sunandoghosh wrote:Kindly also consider reply to my questions on OP
Yes practically(unless one understands the meaning and implication of Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959 in relation to Arms Rules 2016) 0.177 caliber is maximum we can have in air pistol without any license. It is subject to maximum power limitation. You can read Arms Rules 2016 about this power limitation. Membership of Air Rifle Association/ Club is not necessary for it's possession but if you want to import then it is necessary.

Licensing is not dependent on the looks of an instrument. If the instrument can discharge a projectile, it is firearm as per definition of firearm in Arms Act 1959. Every firearm requires a license unless exempted. Airguns are also firearm as per definition of firearms in Arms Act 1959. Airguns of particular caliber and power limitation are exempted from license. But if not done something about this then days are not far when every airgun will require a license.

You may carry "such pistol" but you may face practical problems. For example if some corrupt policeman finds "such pistol" in your possession, he will pretend that it requires license and you need to be arrested for not having license. In short he will try to create such pressure that you have to make immediate choice to cough up a very hefty bribe or be arrested. Remember offenses under Arms Act 1959 are cognizable and non bailable. Cognizable offense means police does not require arrest warrant from court to arrest, they can immediately arrest and put you in lock up. Whether you are actually guilty or innocent nobody is going to ask at that moment. If you are unable to convince such corrupt or ignorant policemen, legal process might get started regardless your "such pistol" requires license or not. Most probably you will have to engage a lawyer who will first try to get bail for you and then convince court you are innocent.

Needless to repeat again, air gun or air pistol is an extremely bad idea for self defense. As mentioned by another member pepper spray and running away may be a better option.
My sincerest and highest gratitude to all and especially you in particular for taking time and effort in explaining so beautifully and comprehensively and answering my queries to a large extent.

sunandoghosh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunandoghosh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:28 am

StormTruppen wrote:Self-Defense is not a Right Bestowed by our Constitution to us Aam-Aadmi. So, if you shoot someone with an Air-Pistol trying to Protect yourself you have to Prove it. And if the other guy proves you fired un-provocked you are done for. Justice in this Beloved Nation of ours is a Joke.

You would better off shifting to a Different Country if you want your Rights taken Seriously. As, here what Police Babu says or crafts against you is Final.

A country where it's Citizens Rights are not uphold will be facing big issues in the coming days. Leave citizens, here even the Soldiers Rights are not up-held. Sic.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk
Yes and that pains me especially when it goes to extent of rape ? God save.