Hurricane mod 15 finally

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Dark smoke
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hurricane mod 15 finally

Post by Dark smoke » Sun May 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi friends , i am Tanveer from Bangalore . Had been on this site from a while reading the topic of my interest actually the complete blog is of my interest .. just a formal intro to my fellow members
And the reason for post .

Have finally got my hands on were first air rifle actually my first good air rifle bought on my own . Had a low power old air gun before . But this is one is just beautiful
Hurricane mod 15 seems really with good power though the shopkeeper are not really good on providing proper enough seems to be powerful but a little low on accuracy is what i feel . Would appreciate if someone​ could help me find the right scope that fits it and any review on someone having it ..

For Advertising mail webmaster
Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Hurricane mod 15 finally

Post by Big Daddy » Sun May 21, 2017 7:15 pm

Dark smoke wrote:Hi friends , i am Tanveer from Bangalore .........but a little low on accuracy is what i feel . Would appreciate if someone​ could help me find the right scope that fits it and any review on someone having it ..
Welcome to the forum Tanveer.
Allow your AR about 1000 shots for her to settle down. Then you can determine accuracy.
Scopes are ever in demand. Watch out for any sellers on the forum, alternatively, you can important one and keep your fingers crossed. Just ensure you buy a Spring Air Rifle rated scope.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:23 pm

I have been using a 'Chinese-rated' 4x20 scope for sometime on my gun. Seems to be working fine even after getting banged and breaking a prism inside...

Practice the artillery hold. Try shooting it from a pillow or shooting bag rest, your accuracy should improve.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sun May 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi IFGians, it has been more than a year with this beauty.I can say that it is more unique AR in india and it differs from other ARs in many ways.As i done some thorough internal service, i can say that the quality and finish of internals were top notch, something we cant see in indian made one.

1-TRIGGER: it works with ball bearing mechanism, which is perfectly done.Till now i had no autofire.It can be tuned and adjusted to our taste.Eventhough it was a single stage trigger, but without creep.

2-FIBER STOCK: It has some mixed reviews. Where i doesn't felt comfortable at off hand session, but my cousin likes the type of grip it has. I felt that if it had a wooden stock,it will weigh heavier and unbearable at off hand handling.

3-BARREL AND LOCKING: It has a long barrel which may be good or bad.The accuracy was good for many pellets.but it was a pellet fussy.It will be ridiculously accurate if you find a right pellet. The uniqueness of this rifle is the barrel locking.It was brilliantly designed to overcome the most pronounced demerit of imperfect locking of barrel, which makes accuracy issues when we use a scope.Here the breach block rests on a pin rested horizontally under the transfer port.Hence every time the barrel sits on the same position.Also the long barrel aids in cocking and it was easy to cock.We can cock and close the barrel without making any click sound.

4-DOVETAIL AND SCOPE STOP- My AR came with 11 mm raised strip of dovetail with a scope stop.We can put a scope on it right out of the box without the doubt of movement of scope mount.It was better than the line type of dovetail cut on the receiver.Hence no upward or horizontal movement is possible.

5.CERAMIC FINISH - It was coated with some type of material durable against the rust .The full body including the barrel and internal parts were rust free.Hence another problem of safeguarding against rust is solved.

6-SAFETY MECHANISM- It was an another unique feature for this gun is the safety mechanism, which prevents an auto release when the rifle is cocked and remain open for loading, the trigger was locked at this position.After closing the barrel will release the trigger.

7.COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS- This AR provides benefit much more than the cost incurred.The quality of materials used and finishing was admirable in indian market.It was uncomparable to other indian ARs because it was a different product.

As i used it very less at fields and at long range, where Nitroex700 has more experience at field.He can say better than me about it's power and accuracy and which pellet suits it better.
With regards,
vsraja

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:59 am

In my gun Mastershot Roundheads did very well among Indian pellets. Among imported ones RWS Superdome fitted perfectly and shot very accurately. I had high hopes from JSB Exacts but they didn't do as well and the groups opened up. However they flew slightly faster and drifted lesser when shooting at ranges past 75 yards.

The gun itself has held up brilliantly against field abuse with near zero maintainance except carrying it in a rifle bag and replacing the old trigger shoe with the new one sent by them.

Dark smoke
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Dark smoke » Mon May 22, 2017 5:27 pm

I see that we might need a license for a .22 caliber AR which might really not be a good thing though how ever just in case we're do you think we can get a license and how in Bangalore

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:00 pm

For an airgun it is better to opt for a .177 given the current legal scenario and preempt any legal complications in future. IMO acquiring a license is something of a hassle and not worth the money if the 'firearm' is an airgun! ;)