LPG cylinder for storing compressed air?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
chattron
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

LPG cylinder for storing compressed air?

Post by chattron » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:42 am

Hello guys need some answers.What is the pressure of cooking gas in LPG cylinder?Can the LPG cylinder b used to store compressed air for air gun use?If it can store compressed air can it b fitted with regulator/valve to refill an airgun cylinder?Please give me all the details n ur valuable advice.Bye.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:00 pm

I have no idea about the safe working pressure of a LPG cylinder, however, I doubt it is anything as high as what is required.

Secondly, where on earth are you gooing to fill a LPG cylinder with compressed air?

Last but not least, filling a pressure vessel with anything other than what it is designed to contain is almost certainly a criminal offence.

firechameleon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: LPG cylinder for storing compressed air?

Post by firechameleon » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:01 pm

lol this kinda explains the gas cylinder shortage faced by many indian cities............

i dunno about storing air in gas cylinders but i've got another idea for ya........

take a normal soda bottle........make a hole in it's cap......... donot remove the plastic seal u find under the cap......... next remove the valve u find in deodarant spray.......( the thing u press and the small pipe attached to it hope u understand).......... after u remove it........... fix it to the hole u made in the cap....... now to seal it......... u got to either use high strength glue or a rubber cement or plastic cement........ and thats it............. :)

now fill the bottle with just a lil bit of water........ put a cube of dry ice in it and close it with the cap.......... if the bottle and the hole r air tight....... u should have a co2 cylinder..........

hope u understood what i mean........... :)

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:14 pm

To be honest, I take a pretty dim view of people mucking around with pressure vessels.

Thread locked!