Which airguns can I buy without license?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
KoP
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Which airguns can I buy without license?

Post by KoP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Dear Sir,

I have zero knowledge as far as guns/airguns are concerned. My knowledge is limited to Hollywood action movies; but I would like to purchase an air-gun for sport and self-defense. As far as I know govt has made gun licensing stricter in 2016 and has included air-gun within licensing ambit. Is there any calibre/bore/make airgun for which licensing is not needed? I do not have time or taste to fill in hundred of forms or run to scores of govt babus. Kindly tell me make and calibre of air-guns which I can purchase without license/paperwork? Are these available at gun-stores ? Or need I purchase online?

KoP

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Which airguns can I buy without license?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:29 pm

The matter about purchase of airguns for sport is discussed in detail in various threads. Do not ever think that air gun that is legally allowed without license in this country is even remotely suitable for self defense. Just forget this idea.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Yes, you can get an air gun without any hassle of licence.but you have no option other than a .177 caliber. According to my knowledge it will be powerful within short distances like 30yards and its upto you to consider it as self defense weapon.Finally you have to choose between a pcp and spring piston rifles. A spring piston rifle was cheaper than a pcp and a pcp has certain advantages over a spring piston rifle.A pcp with magazine can be used for repeated shots. currently a spring rifle cost less than 10k and precihole pcp costs 32k+accessories needed to refill. you can even buy it online store like kovibazaar.com, or you can even directly contact precihole company through their website.
With regards,
vsraja

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Self defence with an airgun??!! :lol: :lol: You best write your last will and testament before hand!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but an Air Rifle, even the .177s can kill a human, right? I heard it can easily penetrate to the heart or even break through skull and kill at a distance of 10 meters. All this at 12fpe. I guess the reload time would deter it from being considered a self defence weapon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Even a rock can kill a human, does that make it an effective tool to carry for self-defence? Try reading some of the posts on the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5428
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:18 pm

KoP wrote:Dear Sir,

I have zero knowledge as far as guns/airguns are concerned. My knowledge is limited to Hollywood action movies; but I would like to purchase an air-gun for sport and self-defense. As far as I know govt has made gun licensing stricter in 2016 and has included air-gun within licensing ambit. Is there any calibre/bore/make airgun for which licensing is not needed? I do not have time or taste to fill in hundred of forms or run to scores of govt babus. Kindly tell me make and calibre of air-guns which I can purchase without license/paperwork? Are these available at gun-stores ? Or need I purchase online?

KoP
Hi KoP...Welcome to IFG forum....U can buy .177 caliber in india either through online or Airgun shop near to your location.
Don't try to import any airgun to india which will create unnecessary legal problem for u.
.177 caliber doesn't require licence as far as my knowledge and can be used for Target Practice (sports) or for self defense. But dont use it for Hunting as hunting is illegal in India.
Hope i have answered to your clarification required and All the very best (y)

Added in 7 minutes 20 seconds:
Eldroidism wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but an Air Rifle, even the .177s can kill a human, right? I heard it can easily penetrate to the heart or even break through skull and kill at a distance of 10 meters. All this at 12fpe. I guess the reload time would deter it from being considered a self defence weapon.

Hi Eldroidism....Yes u are correct. Airgun may kill a flesh target under exceptional circumstances. But as mundaire told u cannot use airgun effectively for self defense.

If u are proficient in target shooting go for one shot one kill say "HEADSHOT" :cheers: Just kidding....

Edited to make factually correct - Moderator
Thanks

GANESH TT

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: RE: Re: Which airguns can I buy without license?

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:41 pm

mundaire wrote:Even a rock can kill a human, does that make it an effective tool to carry for self-defence? Try reading some of the posts on the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5428
Good point. I guess it isn't the fact that guns kill that makes certain guns illegal without a licence. I guess it's how effectively they kill that makes them licensed.

Eitherway, our gun laws make life difficult for hobbyists and really don't make much sense at times. Why ban .22 when .177 are equally effective? I say don't ban either. Or put a limit on the power output of ARs, not the type of calibre.

Last month I found out that scopes can be detained by customs because they're considered illegal. Like as if someone can kill with a scope (probably if thrown at, or hit in the head). What if I want to use a scope on an Airsoft Rifle... oh wait, Airsoft guns don't get through customs either. F**k our government and f**k our b**lsh!t laws.

Sorry for raging here, but I'm sick of all the nonsensical restrictions.

Bharathi Dhanapal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bharathi Dhanapal » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Can any one guide me .177 Dan Wesson 2.5 I have checked all the option I done know why it is not available easy as earlier