How do I adjust my sights now?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

How do I adjust my sights now?

Post by satyam » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Hello Everyone :)
I was shooting today after a long time today and the group i shot was 3.5 cm eastwards and 2.5 cm southwards.With precihole peep sights this requires 38 clicks for moving the group north and 53 clicks to move it east for perfect centre grouping.
But even on going to extreme ends i could give only 21 and 20 clicks and the spring was completely wound.
So what can I do now to move the grouping to centre?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: How do I adjust my sights now?

Post by Eldroidism » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 pm

That's an interesting question. Even I was wondering the same. May I ask, are you using the default iron sights that came with the rifle, or the peep sights they sell seperately?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Eldroidism wrote:That's an interesting question. Even I was wondering the same. May I ask, are you using the default iron sights that came with the rifle, or the peep sights they sell seperately?

I bought the aperture sight set exclusively

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Oh, okay. I was wondering how to calculate how many clicks needed on the default sights...

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Eldroidism wrote:Oh, okay. I was wondering how to calculate how many clicks needed on the default sights...

Maybe you could shoot 6 shots and mark the center of group.Then give 20 clicks and shoot 6 shots again and mark the centre.....then do the calculations

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Basically, wondering how many clicks equals how many inches at a given distance.

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:48 pm

I guess it changes with pellet used,sights used,power of gun,etc...so u will have to calculate it for your combination.
As i said I am just guessing.

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
Any suggestions regarding my problem?

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Okay, that makes sense. With regards to your problem, there doesn't seem like anyway of making it turn more. In such a case, I'd contact the manufacturer. In this case I'd say call Shagufta Mulla on +918879320376. She works with Precihole sports and is very helpful. It may be a faulty product. On the flipside it may be the air rifle that is faulty and shooting off centre. Either way, this isn't supposed to happen (that you run out of clicks and still are shooting off target). Give her a call and see what she has to say.

Tiger619
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Tiger619 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:09 pm

satyam wrote:Hello Everyone :)
I was shooting today after a long time today and the group i shot was 3.5 cm eastwards and 2.5 cm southwards.With precihole peep sights this requires 38 clicks for moving the group north and 53 clicks to move it east for perfect centre grouping.
But even on going to extreme ends i could give only 21 and 20 clicks and the spring was completely wound.
Atleast for scopes, you can adjust the elevation via process called Shimming if you have exhausted the clicks. Youtube helps to understand what shimming is. Not sure how you would adjust windage.

Also, since this is a peepsight, you might have to improvise on the shimming process.

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Tiger619 wrote:
satyam wrote:Hello Everyone :)
Atleast for scopes, you can adjust the elevation via process called Shimming if you have exhausted the clicks. Youtube helps to understand what shimming is. Not sure how you would adjust windage.

Also, since this is a peepsight, you might have to improvise on the shimming process.
Shimming might just not work for me maybe..
Could someone explain how variations with front sight may help me achieve the right allignment?

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:08 am

To move the strike of the pellet up, you lower the front sight. To move it sideways, the front sight has to move in the opposite direction you want the pellet to go.

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:25 pm

TwoRivers wrote:To move the strike of the pellet up, you lower the front sight. To move it sideways, the front sight has to move in the opposite direction you want the pellet to go.
I am able to move it sideways and that works for left/right shift...but how do I lower the front sight?

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:13 pm

Depending on the style of the sight, you can file it. Or, if that's possible, shim up the rear sight.